Oilers @ Bruins GDT 2-1-14

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Oilers @ Bruins GDT 2-1-14

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Shawn Thornton got clocked, Can't fight anymore! Poor ol man, north of the border, gumming his tabasco n tuna to death while tearing up. What a t00l!

Not a fair comment... Lucic got clocked by him too in Edmonton... can he not fight anymore either... Not how many you win or lose , how many you show up for....

Showing up to fight but its ok to lose ?

Yah Ok.

Never said that.... Name me one reputable , designated tough guy, in the NHL that is undefeated? Never lost a fight?   No one goes into a fight looking to lose...50/50 probability it's going to happen...

I like Thorton , I respect the tough job he does...I am sure the B's do as well....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Not sure waht happened but, in the first part of the season, there was a certain spirit in the garden, then, it became ultra-quiet.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

No puck luck for the Bruins so far, offense is surging though. Typical Kelly has Soderberg all set up in front, can't read the play quick enough and sends the puck up the boards. Paille not on the 3rd line stinks.

Miller and Hamilton are awesome, can't say enough good things about both of them.

Shawn Thornton got clocked, Can't fight anymore! Poor ol man, north of the border, gumming his tabasco n tuna to death while tearing up. What a t00l!

Not a fair comment... Lucic got clocked by him too in Edmonton... can he not fight anymore either... Not how many you win or lose , how many you show up for.... 

Don't bother with the ST haters! But I wonder how many highlite reel goals Gazdik gets?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Showing up to fight but its ok to lose ? Yah Ok.

Never said that.... Name me one reputable , designated tough guy, in the NHL that is undefeated? Never lost a fight?   No one goes into a fight looking to lose...50/50 probability it's going to happen...

I like Thorton , I respect the tough job he does...I am sure the B's do as well....

I'd rather not see him keep getting concussed and it end badly. And that should be the way the Bruins should think as well. If he can't intimidate because he can't win fights anymore then he needs to retire.

Can't enforce get him out of Boston. Throwing Lucic into the conversation is useless as he is not an enforcer.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I guess some posters would rather have Looch take a shot than Thornton. Not me.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Scrivens has really worked on his game as far as his over committing goes kel. 

Tons of confidence after 59 save SO vs SJ the other night.

What did I miss or is is my hearing shot. Didn't Jack say something about a record breaking 100 saves vs SJ???

They took a 100 shot attempts which I beleive is a record in a regulation 60 minute game.

Thanks -- picked up my mis-hear at the beginning of the second. Either way -- regarding Scrivens -- most goalies are a humble group but in addition to being quite improved -- this kid gives an unbelievable post game interview.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I know Kelly is coming back from injury but he looks like he's fighting the puck today.  I'd rather see him back on the 4th line and Paille back on the 3rd.  Other than that they look good, lots of energy. 

Switched over to the Montreal gm during the in between period and watched Bishop & Prust go at it lol.  Don't see that happen all to often.

In response to stan17's comment:

Switched over to the Montreal gm during the in between period and watched Bishop & Prust go at it lol.  Don't see that happen all to often.

Prust doing his job, Tampa chasing him around the ice now.

No puck luck for the Bruins so far, offense is surging though. Typical Kelly has Soderberg all set up in front, can't read the play quick enough and sends the puck up the boards. Paille not on the 3rd line stinks.

Miller and Hamilton are awesome, can't say enough good things about both of them.

Don't bother with the ST haters! But I wonder how many highlite reel goals Gazdik gets?

Or how the big goof would fair on a penalty shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yumFPGAEB3w

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Thanks -- picked up my mis-hear at the beginning of the second. Either way -- regarding Scrivens -- most goalies are a humble group but in addition to being quite improved -- this kid gives an unbelievable post game interview.

[/QUOTE]

Yea, I actually spoke to him on the phone before, I worked with his uncle & when he won 4 or 5 in a row when he was a Leaf he called him up to congratulate him. I was there so his uncle asked him if he wanted to talk to a Bruin fan. He said sure. Had a real good convo with him. Real nice guy!

Just missed it -- Bishop coming back from pretty good knee and skate to the back of his head by his own player the other night where he had to leave the game.

Prust doing his job, Tampa chasing him around the ice now.

Yes he did. 

Man oh man the Yeti has a lethal wrist shot! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I'd rather not see him keep getting concussed and it end badly. And that should be the way the Bruins should think as well. If he can't intimidate because he can't win fights anymore then he needs to retire.

Can't enforce get him out of Boston. Throwing Lucic into the conversation is useless as he is not an enforcer.

I will agree with you there..I hope it doesn't end like that ... Bruins style will never change, having an enforcer will always be part of the plan? Who is ready to come up and maybe take that job?  I don't think the Bruins tender ST a next contract....

•  

Man I love Hamilton's game. Way too stay with the puck!

Nice play By Hamilton.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

2 zip.  Nice way to turn on the TV!

Don't want to be the kiss of death here but -- Johnson is moving post-to-post extremely well and his rebound control is the best I've seen all season.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Question for our goalies nite 'n kel. In your mind and experience was Scrivens anticipating Hamilton coming around behind the net much slower than he did or was his hesitation due to him perhaps playing the possibility of Hamilton reversing his direction and flipping it in front to Scrivens' glove side?

I will agree with you there..I hope it doesn't end like that ... Bruins style will never change, having an enforcer will always be part of the plan? Who is ready to come up and maybe take that job?  I don't think the Bruins tender ST a next contract.

I bet they do if the 4th line has another great play-off as they did last year. He'll get another 1 yr deal.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

98 shots without giving up a goal for Scrivens.

Kel, I read a story about him , and how he credits Bill Ranford who is the LA goaltending coach into changing weak parts in his game and improving mobility and angles... I actually thought in Toronto he was a better long term project than Reimer, who has now lost his job to Bernier....

Nice factory they have out there in LA for goalies....

He didn't play too badly here, cowboys. Had Francois Allaire with him on the Marlies.

I catch a few Marlies games thru the year RHO :)... Usually more entertaining , better value than going down to the ACC and dropping $400 for a game, unless of course the B's are here...

I will agree with you there..I hope it doesn't end like that ... Bruins style will never change, having an enforcer will always be part of the plan? Who is ready to come up and maybe take that job?  I don't think the Bruins tender ST a next contract....

I actually wouldn't be suprised if Thornton were resigned. i've mentioned that before. You are right that role is important to Julien. I'd much rather Florek play the 4th but he doesn't fill that enforcer role.

Got to hockeyfights and type in Bobby Robins. Nobody messes with Providence goalies nor the finesse players LoL

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

98 shots without giving up a goal for Scrivens.

Kel, I read a story about him , and how he credits Bill Ranford who is the LA goaltending coach into changing weak parts in his game and improving mobility and angles... I actually thought in Toronto he was a better long term project than Reimer, who has now lost his job to Bernier....

Nice factory they have out there in LA for goalies....

He didn't play too badly here, cowboys. Had Francois Allaire with him on the Marlies.

I catch a few Marlies games thru the year RHO :)... Usually more entertaining , better value than going down to the ACC and dropping $400 for a game, unless of course the B's are here...

Is it louder?

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Don't want to be the kiss of death here but -- Johnson is moving post-to-post extremely well and his rebound control is the best I've seen all season.

I was just going to post how well he looked.

BadHab ?

• Sections
    Shortcuts