Oilers @ Bruins GDT 2-1-14

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Oilers @ Bruins GDT 2-1-14

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Question for our goalies nite 'n kel. In your mind and experience was Scrivens anticipating Hamilton coming around behind the net much slower than he did or was his hesitation due to him perhaps playing the possibility of Hamilton reversing his direction and flipping it in front to Scrivens' glove side?

[/QUOTE]

Wraparounds are as bad as allowing a 5 hole goal along the ice. But, I think the rebound that Scrivens allowed & his delay to reset himself was the bigger issue. Hamilton's 6 5" and with the smaller nets & more room to work makes for this to happen even easier. But, considering how Scrivens has been playing I wouldn't be complaining about any goals he allows too much. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

What shot by Soderberg!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'll say it again. The Yeti's wristshot is lethal!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Soderberg can play.  Filthy snipe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE] I don't know why Edmonton has a Keebler elf in a suit behind the bench, but that cookie-making f---er sure looked pi55ed after the Bruins goal! [/QUOTE]

His locks are gonna be a different shade by April. Like Kenny Rogers. [/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE]

I'll say it again. The Yeti's wristshot is lethal! [/QUOTE]

Very heavy Sealed

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Question for our goalies nite 'n kel. In your mind and experience was Scrivens anticipating Hamilton coming around behind the net much slower than he did or was his hesitation due to him perhaps playing the possibility of Hamilton reversing his direction and flipping it in front to Scrivens' glove side?

[/QUOTE]

Wraparounds are as bad as allowing a 5 hole goal along the ice. But, I think the rebound that Scrivens allowed & his delay to reset himself was the bigger issue. Hamilton's 6 5" and with the smaller nets & more room to work makes for this to happen even easier. But, considering how Scrivens has been playing I wouldn't be complaining about any goals he allows too much. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm always interested in the intricacies of that position; the dynamics involved. Is the delay a purely physical thing or does a goalie's mind tell them they'll get there in time to stop the shot in a situation like the one with Hamilton? Cheers buddy. Always appreciate your insight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Wow! Krug is only 1 goal away for tying the greatest hockey player ever as the 2nd most goals by a Bruin Rookie dman & only 5 more away from tying one of the greatest d-men to ever play the game. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE] I don't know why Edmonton has a Keebler elf in a suit behind the bench, but that cookie-making f---er sure looked pi55ed after the Bruins goal! [/QUOTE]

His locks are gonna be a different shade by April. Like Kenny Rogers. [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Had to do a quick look-see who those folks were, San. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

Very heavy Sealed

[/QUOTE]

The fuse has been lit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Krug looked like a 12 year old when he was hugging chara lol.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm always interested in the intricacies of that position; the dynamics involved. Is the delay a purely physical thing or does a goalie's mind tell them they'll get there in time to stop the shot in a situation like the one with Hamilton? Cheers buddy. Always appreciate your insight.

[/QUOTE]

The delay is caused by one simple thing. Laziness! Hamilton's inital shot was one of those. "Aww why the heck not" maybe it'll create a rebound. Since there wasn't anything to panic about from the shot. It caused Scrivens to "lollygag" on his recovery. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cowboys9's comment:[QUOTE] I'd rather not see him keep getting concussed and it end badly. And that should be the way the Bruins should think as well. If he can't intimidate because he can't win fights anymore then he needs to retire.

Can't enforce get him out of Boston. Throwing Lucic into the conversation is useless as he is not an enforcer.[/QUOTE]

I will agree with you there..I hope it doesn't end like that ... Bruins style will never change, having an enforcer will always be part of the plan? Who is ready to come up and maybe take that job?  I don't think the Bruins tender ST a next contract....[/QUOTE]

I actually wouldn't be suprised if Thornton were resigned. i've mentioned that before. You are right that role is important to Julien. I'd much rather Florek play the 4th but he doesn't fill that enforcer role.

Got to hockeyfights and type in Bobby Robins. Nobody messes with Providence goalies nor the finesse players LoL

[/QUOTE]

I think PC would have had him up here for a look if he could actually play at this level, hey San! One thing you could say fro a few clips.... is he is " very enthusiastic" about his job :) does it pretty well I might add....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Very heavy Sealed

[/QUOTE]

The fuse has been lit.

[/QUOTE]

Bawhaaaa!!! Up your uppity but NAS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

98 shots without giving up a goal for Scrivens.

[/QUOTE]

Kel, I read a story about him , and how he credits Bill Ranford who is the LA goaltending coach into changing weak parts in his game and improving mobility and angles... I actually thought in Toronto he was a better long term project than Reimer, who has now lost his job to Bernier....

Nice factory they have out there in LA for goalies....

[/QUOTE]

He didn't play too badly here, cowboys. Had Francois Allaire with him on the Marlies.

[/QUOTE]

I catch a few Marlies games thru the year RHO :)... Usually more entertaining , better value than going down to the ACC and dropping $400 for a game, unless of course the B's are here...

[/QUOTE]

Is it louder?

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't take much RHO.... The only time Leafs fans cheer is when the Videotron tells them too...the rest of the time it feels like your in church...mind you Marlies do win more often than Leafs...LOL... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The delay is caused by one simple thing. Laziness! Hamilton's inital shot was one of those. "Aww why the heck not" maybe it'll create a rebound. Since there wasn't anything to panic about from the shot. It caused Scrivens to "lollygag" on his recovery. 

[/QUOTE]

False sense of securtity in that situation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Very heavy Sealed

[/QUOTE]

The fuse has been lit.

[/QUOTE]

Bawhaaaa!!! Up your uppity but NAS!

[/QUOTE]

Here it comes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Much better. Nice rebound game today.

One nice trend by the B's this year has been they really have been able to bounce back after a stinker... a good sign.  Good job, B's.

Oh, and great to see Andy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The delay is caused by one simple thing. Laziness!Hamilton's inital shot was one of those. "Aww why the heck not" maybe it'll create a rebound. Since there wasn't anything to panic about from the shot. It caused Scrivens to "lollygag" on his recovery. 

[/QUOTE]

False sense of securtity in that situation.

[/QUOTE]

Yea...good call. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Nice follow up game after stinker against Habs,Edmonton is a team with a lot of speed,but when Bruins play there game ,they can shut skating teams down.Lets hope they come up with a good game against Canucks.Marchand kissing his ring wont cut it this time.

25. This post has been removed.