Oilers @ Bruins GDT 2-1-14

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Oilers @ Bruins GDT 2-1-14

Johnson in his last seven games since that night in Buffalo,is 4-1-0 and has posted a .940 save percentage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Nicest goal of the day carl soderberg. Love guys that  can shoot!  Quick release and boom top end corner. That's how to do it baby.  This has to be our man in the Playoffs

Yeah I would like to see somebody else on that line besides Kelly,think a forth line in playoffs with Kelly,Cambell and Paille,and no I'm not trying to start a another anti Thornton thread

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Johnson in his last seven games since that night in Buffalo,is 4-1-0 and has posted a .940 save percentage.

Gotta be worth 9m over 8 yrs.  Love having Rask.  But im convinced an average goalie would shine in this system.  CJ is an AHL cal goalie on just about any other team.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

98 shots without giving up a goal for Scrivens.

Insane goalie scouting and drafting by LA and Anaheim the past few years.

Scrivens went undrafted and signed with the Leafs.

How does this and Scrivens being acquired for the Kings for 1/2 a year stint and then being traded away have a good reflection on their scouts ? 

Another Texas two cents.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Don't bother with the ST haters! 

[/QUOTE]

Consider the source. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Insane goalie scouting and drafting by LA and Anaheim the past few years.

Scrivens went undrafted and signed with the Leafs.

How does this and Scrivens being acquired for the Kings for 1/2 a year stint and then being traded away have a good reflection on their scouts ? 

Another Texas two cents.

yup I recall when Leafs Nation started to cheer for Scrivens over Reimer  (and the monster) and all this was due to Reimer concussed by Gionta.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Man I love Hamilton's game. 

And what about Nathan Beaulieu, your choice over Hamilton at that draft ?

Texas two cents.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Puss n boots puts down Boll and his role for a team in one thread, props up Thornton in another.

Ol man double standard!

Chiarelli never sent scouts to look at Khudobin just looked at his stats. Same with Lombardi just said "yah Scrivens has decent stats". Or maybe MacTavish asked to see Scrivens start and Lombardi knew he he could spin Scrivens eventually for more assests.

Your moronic hick, hockey knowledge is overwhelming 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

No game stats or finger pointing at El Busto ? 

Oh and btw good article coming up about him shortly on another thread.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Man I love Hamilton's game.

And what about Nathan Beaulieu, your choice over Hamilton at that draft ?

Texas two cents.[/QUOTE]

Are you challenging me to find the thread to see what I said about Hamilton ?

I mean I wouldn't want that little brain to explode trying to locate it. We all know what happened the last time you attempted that don't we ? 

How long did you run and hide for ?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Gotta be worth 9m over 8 yrs.  Love having Rask.  But im convinced an average goalie would shine in this system.  CJ is an AHL cal goalie on just about any other team.  

Would you get off that fawking horse! Do the RCMP not provide cars for you what?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Well I think it's clear that Julien needs to leave Soderberg at center. I thought his line had a good game and he actually managed to go 5/9 in the face off circle. Not sure why this was changed for the Montreal fame, but it obviously contributed to the poor result. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Would you get off that fawking horse! Do the RCMP not provide cars for you what?

Do the RCMP not provide cars for you what?

.....huh?  Lol. 

In response to Madhouse27's comment:

Well I think it's clear that Julien needs to leave Soderberg at center. I thought his line had a good game and he actually managed to go 5/9 in the face off circle. Not sure why this was changed for the Montreal fame, but it obviously contributed to the poor result. 

I agree.  He should be 3rd line center.  Loui and new right handed shot flanking him.  Setoguchi is my pick for that spot.   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Why?  What has Setoguchi done in the last three years to have any value for this team?

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Why?  What has Setoguchi done in the last three years to have any value for this team?

Well just last year he was 4th in team scoring.  He would have been tied for 3rd in bruins goals.  His overall play is high energy, his history in the playoffs is solid, he can skate like the wind and isnt shy to go in the dirty areas.  Hes also a lock just about every year for 20 goals.  

Is there a reason you wouldnt want him?   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

.....huh?  Lol. 

What I mean is if they do. Jump into one it'll help you move along from this subject about long term goalie deals a lot faster. We ALL know your take on it. Stop bringing it up everytime there's a goalie discussion. Nobody was saying anything about Johnson being a legit #1. But, he's certainly done a great job as a backup. Yes, the system helps the stats for a goalie shupe! But, you telling me that because of the system you'd be comfortable with just anyone in the Bruins net in a game 7? You sit there & talk about Price & Crawford and talk about them like they're the best in the world. Neither are even close. Both of them have been inconsistent as fawk this year. You talk in circles on this subject and it depends on what suits your arguement as to which way you lean. It's frustrating hearing an intelligent poster go on about something that makes him sound not so intelligent. Rask is as consistent as they come. He got a long term deal from the Bruins & it's something every team in the NHL do for bonafide #1's. You bellyaching isn't going to change that. 

.....huh?  Lol. 

What I mean is if they do. Jump into one it'll help you move along from this subject about long term goalie deals a lot faster. We ALL know your take on it. Stop bringing it up everytime there's a goalie discussion. Nobody was saying anything about Johnson being a legit #1. But, he's certainly done a great job as a backup. Yes, the system helps the stats for a goalie shupe! But, you telling me that because of the system you'd be comfortable with just anyone in the Bruins net in a game 7? You sit there & talk about Price & Crawford and talk about them like they're the best in the world. Neither are even close. Both of them have been inconsistent as fawk this year. You talk in circles on this subject and it depends on what suits your arguement as to which way you lean. It's frustrating hearing an intelligent poster go on about something that makes him sound not so intelligent. Rask is as consistent as they come. He got a long term deal from the Bruins & it's something every team in the NHL do for bonafide #1's. You bellyaching isn't going to change that. 

It was a joke.  But thanks for the long winded reply.  And Crawford may be inconsistent but also was clutch in helping win the cup.  There are lots of consistent nhl goalie vets that would turn their stats in for what CC has done in a very short time frame.  

[/QUOTE]

It was a joke.  But thanks for the long winded reply.  And Crawford may be inconsistent but also was clutch in helping win the cup.  There are lots of consistent nhl goalie vets that would turn their stats in for what CC has done in a very short time frame.  

[/QUOTE]

No problem. Why should BB be the only one. If you're joking than put that you are, because there's been plenty of times that you mentioned it & you weren't.

And Rask was clutch against the Leafs in OT, the Pens & the Rangers to help the Bruins get to the dance. Two big dollar goalie's have played consistently this yr. Miller & Rask. All the other's; Lundqvist, Quick, Howard, Price & Crawford have been a cra p shoot this season. So much so that there was talk about some of them getting replaced by their backups because they were getting outplayed by them. 

No problem. Why should BB be the only one. If you're joking than put that you are, because there's been plenty of times that you mentioned it & you weren't.

And Rask was clutch against the Leafs in OT, the Pens & the Rangers to help the Bruins get to the dance. Two big dollar goalie's have played consistently this yr. Miller & Rask. All the other's; Lundqvist, Quick, Howard, Price & Crawford have been a cra p shoot this season. So much so that there was talk about some of them getting replaced by their backups because they were getting outplayed by them. 

• You know i joke a lot.  I dont think CJ is worth that cash.  Haha(that better). 

Miller and Rask have had streaks of w t f moments but they have been solid all year.  As for the others i agree Outside of Price, even on nights hes been yanked his team has stunk...i think price has been great this year.  

It was the biggest part of my stance of hating long term goalie deals.  You really never know with goalies...im gonna be interested to see how the bruins do without chara for a few gms.  

You know i joke a lot.  I dont think CJ is worth that cash.  Haha(that better). 

Miller and Rask have had streaks of w t f moments but they have been solid all year.  As for the others i agree Outside of Price, even on nights hes been yanked his team has stunk...i think price has been great this year.  

It was the biggest part of my stance of hating long term goalie deals.  You really never know with goalies...im gonna be interested to see how the bruins do without chara for a few gms.  

• You're an ar se! lol

That will be interesting to say the least.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well just last year he was 4th in team scoring.  He would have been tied for 3rd in bruins goals.  His overall play is high energy, his history in the playoffs is solid, he can skate like the wind and isnt shy to go in the dirty areas.  Hes also a lock just about every year for 20 goals.  

For starters, he's from Taber, and except for corn, nothing good comes from Taber.  Great corn, though.

I think he's a guy with a rep as more than he is because he had a 30+ goal year early in his career in SJ, one playoff run where he scored some clutch goals, and because he's relatively fast.  He was fourth in scoring for the Wild, which is like being the fourth toughest Backstreet Boy. He was so good for the Wild, they dealt him to Winnipeg for a second round pick.  The Bruins got more than that for Chuck Kobasew when they dealt him to the Wild.  His numbers in Winnipeg are worse on a per-game basis than Eriksson's in Boston.  On a team that has struggled mightily until recently, and for reasons most put on effort and commitment by key players, he hasn't been able to earn additional ice time.  Now that the Jets are playing their best hockey of the year under Maurice - and Maurice is a great coach when it comes to lighting the pilot light - he's been held without a point in all but one game.  He's -2 overall during a stretch where the team is making hay.

In the end, I probably overstated it in my earlier post.  He could be a useful rental for the stretch/playoffs, especially if Julien goes to a Thornton-less lineup in the playoffs and Kelly plays on the 4th. What I should have said is that I don't see him as a player to target as an ideal acquisition, and I certainly wouldn't give up any of the assets likely necessary to bring back a good veteran D to get him.  Two 3rds?  I sure wouldn't go higher than what Winnipeg paid for him.

•  

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

For starters, he's from Taber, and except for corn, nothing good comes from Taber.  Great corn, though.

I think he's a guy with a rep as more than he is because he had a 30+ goal year early in his career in SJ, one playoff run where he scored some clutch goals, and because he's relatively fast.  He was fourth in scoring for the Wild, which is like being the fourth toughest Backstreet Boy. He was so good for the Wild, they dealt him to Winnipeg for a second round pick.  The Bruins got more than that for Chuck Kobasew when they dealt him to the Wild.  His numbers in Winnipeg are worse on a per-game basis than Eriksson's in Boston.  On a team that has struggled mightily until recently, and for reasons most put on effort and commitment by key players, he hasn't been able to earn additional ice time.  Now that the Jets are playing their best hockey of the year under Maurice - and Maurice is a great coach when it comes to lighting the pilot light - he's been held without a point in all but one game.  He's -2 overall during a stretch where the team is making hay.

In the end, I probably overstated it in my earlier post.  He could be a useful rental for the stretch/playoffs, especially if Julien goes to a Thornton-less lineup in the playoffs and Kelly plays on the 4th. What I should have said is that I don't see him as a player to target as an ideal acquisition, and I certainly wouldn't give up any of the assets likely necessary to bring back a good veteran D to get him.  Two 3rds?  I sure wouldn't go higher than what Winnipeg paid for him.

Hes had a very consistant career and has performed well in the playoffs.   the reason they dealt him for a 2nd rounder(which is a pretty solid pick) is bc they needed cap space and couldnt deal Heatley.  hes an upgrade on what we have now, he adds a speedy gritty style and most important he adds depth to our bottom 6 and has the ability to jump in top 6.  I would really like Soder, Loui and Seto.   He was on pace for his regular 20 plus goals last year and has an outside chance on 20 this year.   Not bad on 2 low scoring teams.  

Hes had a very consistant career and has performed well in the playoffs.   the reason they dealt him for a 2nd rounder(which is a pretty solid pick) is bc they needed cap space and couldnt deal Heatley.  hes an upgrade on what we have now, he adds a speedy gritty style and most important he adds depth to our bottom 6 and has the ability to jump in top 6.  I would really like Soder, Loui and Seto.   He was on pace for his regular 20 plus goals last year and has an outside chance on 20 this year.   Not bad on 2 low scoring teams.  

[/QUOTE]

Depending on what the B's had to give to get him shupe, but I'm in agreement with you, I'd go after him if all the B's wanted to do was get a bottom 6. I like his speed & he has scored some big goals in the play-offs. He could be another 2011 version of Rich Peverly. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts