OK Claude

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: OK Claude

In response to JWensink's comment:[QUOTE] Remeber how long it took before Seguin saw any 4 vs 4 ice time?  I'm pretty sure both Krug and Spooner got some already this year.  It's like he's read all the complaints about him posted on BDC and made adjustmets. [/QUOTE]

Well of course Claude has read Stan the Man's pleas for help. He knows he has assistants all around New England and the rest of the hockey crazed world.

I would just add that the 2008-2010 Julien is no longer present. Great post JW! [/QUOTE]

Exactly !

I've got my fingers crossed that if this team goes down, they'll go down with tenacity and aggression. That's all I really care about, and that's something that IMO couldn't be said in the past.

Just one more thing to add ...Success changes everything. I think it teaches - I think it has. [/QUOTE]

Julien learned from his mistakes as well. This is something you look for from a coach that was fired once from a very good organization with a few weeks left  in a season. Although you can't explain that to an idiot who greases up his Claude blow-up-doll after every game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I always enjoy reading posts where people have the confidence to say they see things differently than they've publicly stated in the past.

I was never a big fan of CJ either, but I think part of that just goes with the territory.  If you're a fan of a sports team, and that team isn't getting the expected results, the easiest thing to do is dislike the coach.  Heck, the entire industry works that way, so why shouldn't we.  If the team wins, it's because of the players, and if they don't, it's the damn stupid coach.  In this case, couple that with the fact that Clod doesn't look that bright physically....and it's just so easy.

It's fairly obvious when a player isn't cutting it.  When we feel a coach isn't ...it's much more trivial, because we know virtually nothing of their methods.  Just the headlines.  CJ is a defense first coach.  We really have no idea, of anything deeper, we just make all sorts of assumptions from there.  They've all been discussed here, and while it's impossible to figure out the full story, there's been ample contradictory evidence to blow most of the theories out the window as to his ineptness.

The coach is on the bottom rung of executive influence.  They're expected to cover off every managerial mistake imaginable after the team has been crafted.  They don't implement a team executional culture unless the mucks over them sign off on it.  Their whole existence is somewhat exaggerated.

There is lots they can do though.  Like any junior executive, the ceiling to hugely affect positive results is low, but the potential to fek things up is endless. 

My hopelessly subjective take, is that Juliens strength, is that he's mastered some very powerful "human skills".  He has the important pieces totally buying in, and he maximises the influence of those people to avoid being the constant "gate keeper".  He's blessed with tremendous balance, and he's got a system that anyone can play.  I think "he" is easy to manage, and most corporate suits don't like lightning rods.

In a back stabbing, emotional, surreal, predatory, stressfull existence, he appears grounded(as does PC), and that permeates the troops, moving focus and commitment more toward a given, than a wish.

I think he's doing well, but I also think there are a lot of coaches out there who could probably do just as well.

[/QUOTE]

you anti-clode folks are a funny bunch. you come close to actually giving clode a little credit, then take it away with... "i also think there are a lot of coaches out there who could probably do just as well". really?  i honestly feel people don't like clode  because he was a former habs coach.. and have a hard time letting that go. he's the most successful bruins coach in decades and very well may go down as the best bruins coach ever... yet you think a lot of coaches could do what he's doing- which is putting the bruins in contention for a cup year in and year out. hatin' just to hate, it's not based on any that has to do with reality.

[/QUOTE]

You misunterpreted my post...again.

I said "was", and merely offered up some opinion on why that "may have been".  My post is full of praise, and only falls short of saying "no one else could make a winner out of this team".

I stand by that.  In fact it's otherworldy stupid to think it isn't quite likely.  Just as it's otherworldly stupid to currently have a problem with the coaching staff of the Boston Bruins.

This is a very strong, balanced team, and it's not "anti clode', or "hate", to suggest there are others who could also probably keep this team outta the toilet.  

I've argued here plenty, with those who were calling for his head in the past.  Not because I thought he was Jesus, but because I felt the criticism was unfounded, and ignored the input of the rest of the management group.  Saying coaches are overated isn't demeaning them either.  It's defending.  Those "human skills" I refer to....dumbells think they're passing, empty comments.  Most adults know they're a mindful reference to a powerful, uncommon trait, even among leaders.

And speaking of "reality".........your "letting go" philosophy...forget the deep water..it doesn't even get to the shallow end.

If you want to rip me for something, at least have the good sense to stay somewhat on topic.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

To the people........uh..... person..........uh..... Texas two cents ............ who suggest that Lou's firing of CJ was a smart move..........look at the success in the playoffs the Devils achieved in the years directly after the firing. 

Oops.......did I type success.

Putting Lamorello on a pedestal is fine. He had his day.........long ago.

This move by him turned out to be a colossal failure.Other the the one year in the playoffs they have never been the same team that was thought of as a contender every year up until Julien got the axe. They have failed to find a coach they can consistently contend with like they once did.

And the Bruins with Julien as coach ......just keep rolling ....as a contender year after year.

Yes Lou, you were once a great GM. Too bad the Devils have paid for years for your inability to find a coach they could consistently win with after the CJ firing debacle.

As a Bruins fan I'd like to thank him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Although you can't explain that to an idiot who greases up his Claude blow-up-doll after every game.

[/QUOTE]

The CJ blow up doll and me have gotten a lot of "action" together the last few years. The one's with the Lamorello dolls have thrown them in the corner only to collect dust. 

Also to the idiots who don't recognize that coaching changes made with any team and the quality of the personnel they have don't go hand in hand............... it's time to leave the cave.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you don't think hiring Julien was a good idea, raise your hand.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What makes a great coach is the ability to adapt and use the players he's dealt.  I don't believe CJ was always able to do that.  I can't remember the specfics, but I recall thinking that Peter Laviolette was making the right moves and Claude wasn't in that melt down series.  One thing I can point to is his vast improvement in calling time outs.  In his first years, he simply didn't or they weren't well timed.  He's also managing players better - we used to have threads all the time asking why so and so was on the ice at that point of the game and why - we haven't had one of those threads in years.  Claude has evolved and adapted and continues to do so.  I *was* calling for his head in years gone by, I *was* seconding guessing him in years gone by.  The start of the turning point was in the cup year when he benched Ryder, and it was completed after they had more trouble with the Habs then they should have in the playoffs.  Since then he's been really good and getting better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I always enjoy reading posts where people have the confidence to say they see things differently than they've publicly stated in the past.

I was never a big fan of CJ either, but I think part of that just goes with the territory.  If you're a fan of a sports team, and that team isn't getting the expected results, the easiest thing to do is dislike the coach.  Heck, the entire industry works that way, so why shouldn't we.  If the team wins, it's because of the players, and if they don't, it's the damn stupid coach.  In this case, couple that with the fact that Clod doesn't look that bright physically....and it's just so easy.

It's fairly obvious when a player isn't cutting it.  When we feel a coach isn't ...it's much more trivial, because we know virtually nothing of their methods.  Just the headlines.  CJ is a defense first coach.  We really have no idea, of anything deeper, we just make all sorts of assumptions from there.  They've all been discussed here, and while it's impossible to figure out the full story, there's been ample contradictory evidence to blow most of the theories out the window as to his ineptness.

The coach is on the bottom rung of executive influence.  They're expected to cover off every managerial mistake imaginable after the team has been crafted.  They don't implement a team executional culture unless the mucks over them sign off on it.  Their whole existence is somewhat exaggerated.

There is lots they can do though.  Like any junior executive, the ceiling to hugely affect positive results is low, but the potential to fek things up is endless. 

My hopelessly subjective take, is that Juliens strength, is that he's mastered some very powerful "human skills".  He has the important pieces totally buying in, and he maximises the influence of those people to avoid being the constant "gate keeper".  He's blessed with tremendous balance, and he's got a system that anyone can play.  I think "he" is easy to manage, and most corporate suits don't like lightning rods.

In a back stabbing, emotional, surreal, predatory, stressfull existence, he appears grounded(as does PC), and that permeates the troops, moving focus and commitment more toward a given, than a wish.

I think he's doing well, but I also think there are a lot of coaches out there who could probably do just as well.

[/QUOTE]

you anti-clode folks are a funny bunch. you come close to actually giving clode a little credit, then take it away with... "i also think there are a lot of coaches out there who could probably do just as well". really?  i honestly feel people don't like clode  because he was a former habs coach.. and have a hard time letting that go. he's the most successful bruins coach in decades and very well may go down as the best bruins coach ever... yet you think a lot of coaches could do what he's doing- which is putting the bruins in contention for a cup year in and year out. hatin' just to hate, it's not based on any that has to do with reality.

[/QUOTE]

I said "was", and merely offered up some opinion on why that "may have been".  My post is full of praise, and only falls short of saying "no one else could make a winner out of this team".

I stand by that.  In fact it's otherworldy stupid to think it isn't quite likely.  Just as it's otherworldly stupid to currently have a problem with the coaching staff of the Boston Bruins.

This is a very strong, balanced team, and it's not "anti clode', or "hate", to suggest there are others who could also probably keep this team outta the toilet.  

I've argued here plenty, with those who were calling for his head in the past.  Not because I thought he was Jesus, but because I felt the criticism was unfounded, and ignored the input of the rest of the management group.  Saying coaches are overated isn't demeaning them either.  It's defending.  Those "human skills" I refer to....dumbells think they're passing, empty comments.  Most adults know they're a mindful reference to a powerful, uncommon trait, even among leaders.

And speaking of "reality".........your "letting go" philosophy...forget the deep water..it doesn't even get to the shallow end.

If you want to rip me for something, at least have the good sense to stay somewhat on topic.    

[/QUOTE]

at some point it's not people "misinterpreting" your posts. it's something else. i'll let you interpret that however you wish.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

at some point it's not people "misinterpreting" your posts. it's something else. i'll let you interpret that however you wish.  

[/QUOTE]

do you enjoy talking to yourself?  never said "people" misinterpret anything, rather commenting on your childlike sense of comprehension.

looking for the cavalry to come in and save you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

childlike? 12 year olds have posters of cars on their walls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

childlike? 12 year olds have posters of cars on their walls.

[/QUOTE]

if that's the best you can come up with...guess the points been driven home.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

steve, the best i can come up with is this...get over yourself. the only point you've made is you think if you type the last word.... you win. i'm not sure what you've won, but it seems to be very important to you. your not alone in this respect on these boards. tiresome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

steve, the best i can come up with is this...get over yourself. the only point you've made is you think if you type the last word.... you win. i'm not sure what you've won, but it seems to be very important to you. your not alone in this respect on these boards. tiresome.

[/QUOTE]

You keep whiffing on every statement you seem to want to pick out of thin air, and keep introducing idiotic, off topic insults.  By anyones definition that's whats tiresome.

In an attempt to get you back on track.....  rather than discussing a topic, or asking for clarification, you took a flier at jumping right off the turnip wagon and insulting me.  The unfathomable stupidity, being you clearly misunderstood the fact I'm clearly not a CJ hater.

You had multiple options, the most reasonable being an apology, or if you're too immature for that, just have the good sense to shut up.  You've made multiple poor decisions since then though...to go on the offensive with more childish, off topic insults.

Each one makes you look just a little bit more stupid, and warrants another cyber slap up side the head.

Anyway, if you'd like to include one more example of your overall ineptitude, fill your boots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

What makes a great coach is the ability to adapt and use the players he's dealt.  I don't believe CJ was always able to do that.  I can't remember the specfics, but I recall thinking that Peter Laviolette was making the right moves and Claude wasn't in that melt down series.  One thing I can point to is his vast improvement in calling time outs.  In his first years, he simply didn't or they weren't well timed.  He's also managing players better - we used to have threads all the time asking why so and so was on the ice at that point of the game and why - we haven't had one of those threads in years.  Claude has evolved and adapted and continues to do so.   The start of the turning point was in the cup year when he benched Ryder, and it was completed after they had more trouble with the Habs then they should have in the playoffs.  Since then he's been really good and getting better.

This post will be ignored and you would be told that it isn't true and inaccurate in a condescending way. But your statement has nothing but truths in it.

Too bad our resident Ontario Hillbilly can't comprehend a good post about the Bruins beloved coach. Too busy searching his reusable strip-mall shopping bag for crayons to color in his Claude, binky coloring book.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You keep whiffing on every statement you seem to want to pick out of thin air, and keep introducing idiotic, off topic insults.  By anyones definition that's whats tiresome.

In an attempt to get you back on track.....  rather than discussing a topic, or asking for clarification, you took a flier at jumping right off the turnip wagon and insulting me.  The unfathomable stupidity, being you clearly misunderstood the fact I'm clearly not a CJ hater.

You had multiple options, the most reasonable being an apology, or if you're too immature for that, just have the good sense to shut up.  You've made multiple poor decisions since then though...to go on the offensive with more childish, off topic insults.

Each one makes you look just a little bit more stupid, and warrants another cyber slap up side the head.

Anyway, if you'd like to include one more example of your overall ineptitude, fill your boots.

[/QUOTE

the sad thing is... i think you actually believe the rubbish you type. insults? where? off topic? we're talkin' about clode in a clode thread. as far as your stance on clode himself... who knows. you stated you weren't a big fan of clode, but that's now changed. but not really since " a lot of other coaches could probably??? do as well"(what a bold statement), and " there are others who could probably??? keep this team out of the toilet"( again with the probably). basically your last post is nothing but, stop disagreeing with me, or i'll continue to tell you you're stupid, childish and inept. i guess that's par for the course in this place. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

basically your last post is nothing but, stop disagreeing with me, or i'll continue to tell you you're stupid, childish and inept. i guess that's par for the course in this place. 

[/QUOTE]

That's the gist of it adk, and it will go on forever with him...trust me, I know...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Who the hell had the avatar with Clode and his bucket of chicken, and where did they go?  

That was the greatest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

basically your last post is nothing but, stop disagreeing with me, or i'll continue to tell you you're stupid, childish and inept. i guess that's par for the course in this place. 

[/QUOTE]

That's the gist of it adk, and it will go on forever with him...trust me, I know...

[/QUOTE]

You don't know near as much as you think you do.  Trust me...I know.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[/QUOTE

the sad thing is... i think you actually believe the rubbish you type. insults? where? off topic? we're talkin' about clode in a clode thread. as far as your stance on clode himself... who knows. you stated you weren't a big fan of clode, but that's now changed. but not really since " a lot of other coaches could probably??? do as well"(what a bold statement), and " there are others who could probably??? keep this team out of the toilet"( again with the probably). basically your last post is nothing but, stop disagreeing with me, or i'll continue to tell you you're stupid, childish and inept. i guess that's par for the course in this place. 

[/QUOTE]

Well.....  The first line in your above post is another exanple of off topic, plus it's an insult.

This started by you accusing me of being a Clod "hater".  That's insulting to me, it's totally without merit, and ridiculously distorts and takes out of context the spirit of what I wrote originally.  It's also 1000% false.

To interpret someones view that there are others who could maintain a winning record behind the bench as "Hating"....sorry, but that's stupid, childish and inept, plus a whole lot of other colorful descriptors including mean and petty.

The "probably"s you bring up.  Probably is the opposite of definatly.  I ncluded that term on purpose.  What do you think probably means?  Most 3rd grade grammer teaches would say "probably" takes the 'boldness" out of any statement.

And what's with this "stop disagreeing with me" BS.  Another irrelevant, but more importantly factually incorrect statement.  I've not said or inferred anywhere that I have a problem with you disagreeing with me.  What I've said is very clear.  Stop fekin trying to tell me how I feel about the Bruins coach.  You have absolutely no right to do that.  You're the one being the stubborn no- it- all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

What's entertaining about this thread is those who bashed Julien back then are now trying to justify their stupid comments ( back then ) by saying how much Julien has changed.

A " I feel better about myself for saying that " justification type of commentary.

What a crock of crap ! Look at the talent. Better players make coaches and their decisions look better.

Would Bylsma's winning percentage be as high as it is if he were in Florida ?  Would Quenneville be winning cups without Toews, Keith and Kane or working in NHL city #4 ? 

If the talent flow would have gone in the opposite direction with the Bruins headed south we'd be hearing the same old rants from the boneheads who have once again reintroduced their stupidity from the past.

That's a given from where I sit. Haters hate.....  and yes, they hate Julien ....it's what they do without any type of thinking that they could have been wrong back then.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's entertaining about this thread is those who bashed Julien back then are now trying to justify their stupid comments ( back then ) by saying how much Julien has changed.

A " I feel better about myself for saying that " justification type of commentary.

What a crock of crap ! Look at the talent. Better players make coaches and their decisions look better.

Would Bylsma's winning percentage be as high as it is if he were in Florida ?  Would Quenneville be winning cups without Toews, Keith and Kane or working in NHL city #4 ? 

If the talent flow would have gone in the opposite direction with the Bruins headed south we'd be hearing the same old rants from the boneheads who have once again reintroduced their stupidity from the past.

That's a given from where I sit. Haters hate.....  and yes, they hate Julien ....it's what they do without any type of thinking that they could have been wrong back then.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's a little ridiculous to claim that nothing has changed. It's also kinda silly to take the position that there never were any issues, and that everything was being handled perfectly.

And, since you brought it up... it's sad to see anyone who refuses to change their views. See, without the ability to voice criticism, then that becomes a one sided viewpoint. Once that becomes the pattern, then everything said after that is diminished.

This isn't about CJ - it's really more about you. The real reason you're taking this position is that once the B's won with CJ, you felt validated for supporting him when things weren't going so well. So, for anyone to now state that things aren't being done the same way anymore..you take it personally, and feel the need to defend yourself.

Don't be so insecure -

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

What makes a great coach is the ability to adapt and use the players he's dealt.  I don't believe CJ was always able to do that.  I can't remember the specfics, but I recall thinking that Peter Laviolette was making the right moves and Claude wasn't in that melt down series.

If you recall, your right moves came after the turning point in that series ( noted by hockey observers smarter then chowda and badhab ) when the Bruins lost Krejci and Julien had the choice between Trent Whitfield and a very green, errattic Brad Marchand.

Did Julien become an overnight dummy after this incident or the Bruins lost a valuable player with no depth to replace him ? 

One thing I can point to is his vast improvement in calling time outs.  In his first years, he simply didn't or they weren't well timed.  

What is well timed ? There are 3 heads behind the bench. Was their timing all fawked up between the three of them ? Some opinions aren't meant to be taken as gospel. This is one of those cases.

He's also managing players better - we used to have threads all the time asking why so and so was on the ice at that point of the game and why - we haven't had one of those threads in years.

NOTE : THIS POINT IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE.

Julien managing the players better or the Thornton detractors just not seeing it  ?

ST was out with the 4th line in the last game against the Devils with less then 5 minutes to play with a 2 goal lead.

Oops.............. so much for that point. 

Claude has evolved and adapted and continues to do so.  I *was* calling for his head in years gone by, I *was* seconding guessing him in years gone by.  The start of the turning point was in the cup year when he benched Ryder, and it was completed after they had more trouble with the Habs then they should have in the playoffs.  Since then he's been really good and getting better.

Amazing how a coach can evolve and adapt in a fan's eyes when he is surrounded by better players.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Actually, it's a little ridiculous to claim that nothing has changed. It's also kinda silly to take the position that there never were any issues, and that everything was being handled perfectly.

And, since you brought it up... it's sad to see anyone who refuses to change their views. See, without the ability to voice criticism, then that becomes a one sided viewpoint. Once that becomes the pattern, then everything said after that is diminished.

This isn't about CJ - it's really more about you. The real reason you're taking this position is that once the B's won with CJ, you felt validated for supporting him when things weren't going so well. So, for anyone to now state that things aren't being done the same way anymore..you take it personally, and feel the need to defend yourself.

Don't be so insecure -

[/QUOTE]

Seems like this post is more about me then CJ. 

Care to comment about the points I've made regarding Julien rather then point out how insecure you think I am. 

Frankly, I'm quite secure in my thoughts on Julien. Always have been . 

There was no need to start a thread stating it as you did. If you want to point out insecurity............. start there.

P.S. I don't believe I've ever said directly that Julien hasn't changed. What I've said is he is coaching to the talent he has been given.........something he didn't have back then.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't be so insecure -

[/QUOTE]

Seems like this post is more about me then CJ. 

Care to comment about the points I've made regarding Julien rather then point out how insecure you think I am. 

Frankly, I'm quite secure in my thoughts on Julien. Always have been . 

There was no need to start a thread stating it as you did. If you want to point out insecurity............. start there.

P.S. I don't believe I've ever said directly that Julien hasn't changed. What I've said is he is coaching to the talent he has been given.........something he didn't have back then.

[/QUOTE]

Hey - criticize when needed - praise when deserved

Anything else isn't reality

You want a hug ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

You want a hug ?

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  And its long overdue.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

What makes a great coach is the ability to adapt and use the players he's dealt.  I don't believe CJ was always able to do that.  I can't remember the specfics, but I recall thinking that Peter Laviolette was making the right moves and Claude wasn't in that melt down series.

If you recall, your right moves came after the turning point in that series ( noted by hockey observers smarter then chowda and badhab ) when the Bruins lost Krejci and Julien had the choice between Trent Whitfield and a very green, errattic Brad Marchand.

Did Julien become an overnight dummy after this incident or the Bruins lost a valuable player with no depth to replace him ? 

One thing I can point to is his vast improvement in calling time outs.  In his first years, he simply didn't or they weren't well timed.  

What is well timed ? There are 3 heads behind the bench. Was their timing all fawked up between the three of them ? Some opinions aren't meant to be taken as gospel. This is one of those cases.

He's also managing players better - we used to have threads all the time asking why so and so was on the ice at that point of the game and why - we haven't had one of those threads in years.

NOTE : THIS POINT IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE.

Julien managing the players better or the Thornton detractors just not seeing it  ?

ST was out with the 4th line in the last game against the Devils with less then 5 minutes to play with a 2 goal lead.

Oops.............. so much for that point. 

Claude has evolved and adapted and continues to do so.  I *was* calling for his head in years gone by, I *was* seconding guessing him in years gone by.  The start of the turning point was in the cup year when he benched Ryder, and it was completed after they had more trouble with the Habs then they should have in the playoffs.  Since then he's been really good and getting better.

Amazing how a coach can evolve and adapt in a fan's eyes when he is surrounded by better players.

re: the Flyers series.  Sorry, I can't recall the details but I do recall CJ being outclassed by Laviolette.  Maybe CJ hasn't changed that much and should have taken a chance on Soderberg in the finals over the likes of DogVan, similar to the Marchand/Krejci thing.

ST out on the ice late in a game where they are controlling their opponents with a 2 goal lead is a world of difference from ST out in the last  minute where they are equally matched with a 1 goal lead or tied or behind by 1.

Another thing I just thought of, when they got a bench penalty CJ started to put Seguin in the box so that when time expired on the penalty they would look for him coming out of the box, he had been putting ST in to serve the bench penalties.  That's a change.

Calling time outs.  At first he didn't use them at all.  Then only at the end of the game.  Then he evolved into calling them 'smarter' - when the team is in disarray in the second period for example.

You didn't speak to benching players.  He's doing that judiciously now and he would never bench his veteran players earlier in his career, ST has been benched recently for example, and as I mentioned earlier, he never benched Ryder even tho he deserved it long before that Preds game.

Is this team better now then the first Bruins team he had?  Yes.  Could the CJ of today get 3-5 more wins out of the team he first had?  I say yes.  Would this current team lose 3-5 more with the old CJ?  I say yes.

Sections
Shortcuts