OK Claude

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: OK Claude

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And unfortunately, it's not true

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?season=20122013&gameType=2&viewName=penalties

[/QUOTE]

Darn, I don't have time to redo it...  any takers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wait, the B's have gone 3 seasons without a bench minor - seriously? Wow, that's a line-changing machine.

[/QUOTE]

At least according to HockeyDB, I would like to verify that against another source.

I think it's significant.

[/QUOTE]

Those numbers are as inaccurate as a Kirill Kabanov height and wieght draft spec sheet.

e.g. bench minor taken by the Bruins served on Oct 24/13...........served by guess who ?

http://bruins.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013020138

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Scabs

2002-03 11

2003-04 8

2005-06 11

NJ

2006-07 4

Bruins

2007-08 9

2008-09 6

2009-10 12

2010-11 5

2011-12 4

2012-13 7

2013-14 5

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Hurt? I couldn't feel any happier today, and don't have anything against anyone 

[/QUOTE]

Showing up out of the blue on this thread to give a subtle jab ....... of course you don't have hurt feewings. 

Sniff.......sniff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hurt? I couldn't feel any happier today, and don't have anything against anyone 

[/QUOTE]

Showing up out of the blue on this thread to give a subtle jab ....... of course you don't have hurt feewings. 

Sniff.......sniff.

[/QUOTE]

Oh could you just bloody well gropw up already? You've been actring like a junior high kid ever since you came back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And Chowdah, I'm not picking sides in this snipe fest, it's just annoying the crap out of me, from all of you. You want to leave the school yard crap back in the 7th grade and talk hockey?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hockey minds smarter than Chowda or Badhab fired CJ in 2 previous organizations,

And how has that worked out for them. 

Were they that dumb in Montreal and NJ to dump a good coach?

Considering the what teams the Habs, Bruins and Devils have iced since then what would your answer be ? Smart ? 

Or was the case that he wasn't that good a coach at the time?

You do realize that the Devils were a top team at the time of his firing  ?

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Oh could you just bloody well gropw up already? You've been actring like a junior high kid ever since you came back.

[/QUOTE]

The ignore button is your friend then love...... because I'm not changing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And Chowdah, I'm not picking sides in this snipe fest hockey?

I could care less if you're picking sides Red but somehow I don't believe you.....

You've been actring like a junior high kid ever since you came back.

Now back to your beer throwing civilized hockey discussions at the Vancouver bar. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:[QUOTE] And now, how about the points I made regarding Julien and his coaching being appreciated more now because of the better talent that he has ? 

P.S. After the cup win you posted directly to me sayiing that you now understood Julien's coaching was effected by the past players he had.  

PLEASE READ MY INTIAL POST

I listed issues that I had in the past - I firmly believe these were vaild observations

I can't understand how anybody with any kind of sense who truly watches what goes on out there, could possibly say those weren't occurring

It's not the results that I'm complimenting - it's apparent if you would just listen to what I'm saying

These are way more about behind the bench, than on the ice

Lack of aggression on the forecheck - don't see that much anymore

unemotional play - don't see that much anymore

playing without enough physicality and emotion - don't see that much anymore

Sitting back with a lead - well, it's better

All I'm trying to convey is

1 - these were vaild concerns in the past

2 - I really haven't seen much of them recently

3 - Apparently things have changed, and I thought it deserved recognition

Your unwavering support for CJ doesn't mean that these points I've raised never happened.

That's how you lose with the best team, and that was never about talent  [/QUOTE]

Nope didn't want to see any reasoning on your part. Totally ignored your points because it makes too much sense. Walked right by it, doesn't believe that the 2009 Bruins had enough talent to get by the Canes. It was the players fault not Sir Claude's.

It's easier for him to act like he doesn't understand why no one picks him for kickball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bingo!  Spot on with the comment on the sycophantic delight who lures in only to admonish.  Yawn!  Please o please make the playoffs begin soon.  

And Chowdah, I'm not picking sides in this snipe fest, it's just annoying the crap out of me, from all of you. You want to leave the school yard crap back in the 7th grade and talk hockey?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

This is getting hilarious.  Red, and now Islamorada chime in about how they don't want to pick sides, yet they do.

To what I'd like to know.

Fletch, the guy who loves everyone and respects everything drops in to take a swing.

Any of you have the courage to articulate exactly where you're coming from? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to stevegm's comment:

Hugs to all.

[/QUOTE]

I've been a pretty stout Julien supporter too, but it didn't stop you from ignoring all that, and being "sour" enough to pour a little gas on the pissing matches.

[/QUOTE]

Settle down Mary.  adk was describing a scenario I am very familiar with, so I said so.  I'm sorry if that 'gas' ignited something.  This is your third rebuttal to that comment now -- kind of exactly what I was talking about.  I do agree with you for the for the most part on Julien.  And most things for that matter.  Peace.

[/QUOTE]

It's not at all, a scenario you're familiar with.  It's just that you're still affected by being embarassed over your "fifa type" post, and you wanted to pile on.  The above is as per usual, when anyone chooses to question your interpretation.  You offer up an insincere apology, and follow it up with some comment you feel shows how much smarter you really are.

LOVE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Scabs

2002-03 11

2003-04 8

2005-06 11

NJ

2006-07 4

Bruins

2007-08 9

2008-09 6

2009-10 12

2010-11 5

2011-12 4

2012-13 7

2013-14 5

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Red, not as good as the hockeydb numbers showed obviously, but I still see the trend as an improvement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Hockey minds smarter than Chowda or Badhab fired CJ in 2 previous organizations,

They did what they felt was in the best interest of the team at the time.  Obviously they felt they were better off without Claude.

Considering the what teams the Habs, Bruins and Devils have iced since then what would your answer be ? Smart ? 

I doubt the decision making process had a discussion along the lines of 'he's an excellent coach, let's get rid of him.'

Yes.  And they didn't have the confidence to go to the playoffs with him.

[/QUOTE]

You say the professional hockey people are smarter than you or I in an earlier post, and now you're saying they're not so bright.  I think they made the right move, I don't think Claude had it figured out in his first several years as a head coach.

In recent years there have been fewer threads critical of CJ, even when they've lost.

In recent years I haven't second guessed him, I often did in his first few years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

If I would have to say just one negative point about Julien .....it would be his bad judgement about ST ...I truly believe that the BRUINS would be even better without ST in the line up...other than that Claude is almost perfect

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They did what they felt was in the best interest of the team at the time.  Obviously they felt they were better off without Claude.

I doubt the decision making process had a discussion along the lines of 'he's an excellent coach, let's get rid of him.'

Yes.  And they didn't have the confidence to go to the playoffs with him.

[/QUOTE]

You say the professional hockey people are smarter than you or I in an earlier post, and now you're saying they're not so bright.  I think they made the right move, I don't think Claude had it figured out in his first several years as a head coach.

In recent years there have been fewer threads critical of CJ, even when they've lost.

In recent years I haven't second guessed him, I often did in his first few years.

[/QUOTE]

Recent years?  Maybe not this year, but plenty criticized CJ last year.  The "FIRE ALL COACHES" thread was just last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Recent years?  Maybe not this year, but plenty criticized CJ last year.  The "FIRE ALL COACHES" thread was just last year.

[/QUOTE]

That was one of mine!  It was after another one goal loss when Julien had the goon on the ice with next to no time left.

Enough was enough.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In recent years there have been fewer threads critical of CJ, even when they've lost

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This much I know.  

It's 100% subjective.

In the past he made moves during the game that I didn't understand.  In the past he had post game interviews where he seemed like a deer in the headlights.  That very seldom happens anymore.

Chowda says CJ is the same and I've changed my opinion.

I say CJ changed and I haven't changed my opinion.

Done and done.  

So I'll ask Chowda this - take an NHL coach, any NHL coach and give me some benchmarks that rates his performance.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Sometimes it's all a matter of breaks, though.  There were a couple times when Julien could have been fired and while some people might not have agreed, it wouldnt have been a crazy move.  Most notably, after the B's collapsed against Philly, firing the coach would have been an understandable, if not knee-jerk reaction, by many GMs in the league.  If he was fired, no one one who have known that the Bs would wind up in the Finals 2 of the next 3 years, with one Cup.  And if the B's had attained some amount of success close to that, everyone would have said the firing was correct.

And in the 2011 Cup run... the B's were one bounce away from being upset by the Habs first round which could easily have resulted in Claude fired, PC fired, Thomas sent to Siberia... but instead they survived and ended up winning the whole thing and everyone's careers took off.

Coaching is an impossible job sometimes. I gotta say I think Blysma really needs to be replaced in Pitt...  but sometimes coaches stay and things work out great... or not. And its impossible to tell if it was the right move or not sometimes.

I've had my complaints about Claude but right now, today, looking at his body of work and how this franchise goes about its business he has to be considered one of the top 2-3 in the NHL.