OK, here we go again. Pack your...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

OK, here we go again. Pack your...

...Tums, Pepto, and punching bags ready.  Another round of pure stress and anxiety.  Why can't they make it easy on us poor fans?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: OK, here we go again. Pack your...

In response to diz420's comment:

...Tums, Pepto, and punching bags ready.  Another round of pure stress and anxiety.  Why can't they make it easy on us poor fans?

Lots of teams make it easy on their fans.  Lots of teams also qualify for the draft lottery!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Nothing better to wash down a little stress with more playoff stress and some fine molson Canadian.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Wife says I lose weight during playoffs as I make every pass, shot and hit from my own chair.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Nothing better to wash down a little stress with more playoff stress and some fine molson Canadian.

agree.  I use the word "some" loosley.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

One thing all us B's fans seem to forget how lucky we actually are! The B's are the only team in the league to play into the 2nd round 4 out of the last 5 seasons. They also have won 7 series since 2009. That's tied with the most in the NHL. We think the B's are bad? And I admit I get frustated & pissed off too, but I see how great they really are as well. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

One thing all us B's fans seem to forget how lucky we actually are! The B's are the only team in the league to play into the 2nd round 4 out of the last 5 seasons. They also have won 7 series since 2009. That's tied with the most in the NHL. We think the B's are bad? And I admit I get frustated & pissed off too, but I see how great they really are as well. 

It's really funny, nite.  The Leafs hadn't even made the playoffs in eight years!  Imagine the disappointment year in year out...every year.

People have such short memories.  From 1994-95 to 2007-08, the Bruins got out of the first round one stinking time and missed the playoffs all toghtether five times!  Imagine the horsedrop we've have to wade through during the Pat Leahy/Dan Lacouture year?  Or how about the year we had to endure Joe Murphy and Andre Savage with Steady Darren Van Impe on the blueline?

This team edition of Your Boston Bruins fun and it is exciting...and they win a lot.  I like that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Year of the Bourque trade.  Horrible.  The first of only three years that JT Superstar would lead Boston in scoring - with 60 points.  Allison was injured.  Van Impe ended up tied for fourth (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in team scoring with the injured Allison.  It was Cameron Mann's best shot at an NHL career.  Horrible, horrible year.  I'm surprised some of the more histrionic people here didn't self-vivisect in horror.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I'm going to bump this.  Great post, Nite.  I can't stand when posters say how the Bruins choke every year or they say it's time to blow them up.  They have more playoff success than any other team in the league since '09.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Year of the Bourque trade.  Horrible.  The first of only three years that JT Superstar would lead Boston in scoring - with 60 points.  Allison was injured.  Van Impe ended up tied for fourth (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in team scoring with the injured Allison.  It was Cameron Mann's best shot at an NHL career.  Horrible, horrible year.  I'm surprised some of the more histrionic people here didn't self-vivisect in horror.

Sure, but Mikko Eloranta was a star in the making....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good stuff nite, and exactly right.  If you can't enjoy this, you probably can't enjoy professional sports at all.  I'll admit it is stressful, and I'll admit to pacing the room sometimes during games, but I love it.  The past 4-5 years of being a Bruins fan has been fun.  I need to carry a Darren Van Impe card to remind me of that.

And when they win, the reward for all of that stress and anxiety is fantastic.  In 2011, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for a month.  I honestly feel bad for the people who bail on the team because they can't handle the stress of close games and uncertainty.  No team has a sure thing in the NHL playoffs.  It's a battle.  It's great.  Embrace it.

Off to the bar for tonight.  They have stress medication there...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

4th leading scorer...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Jesus.  That player is as terrible as the pitiful jersey he's wearing.  What a dark time for all of us!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

hahaha...and wearing the Winnie the Pooh jersey to boot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Good stuff nite, and exactly right.  If you can't enjoy this, you probably can't enjoy professional sports at all.  I'll admit it is stressful, and I'll admit to pacing the room sometimes during games, but I love it.  The past 4-5 years of being a Bruins fan has been fun.  I need to carry a Darren Van Impe card to remind me of that.

And when they win, the reward for all of that stress and anxiety is fantastic.  In 2011, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for a month.  I honestly feel bad for the people who bail on the team because they can't handle the stress of close games and uncertainty.  No team has a sure thing in the NHL playoffs.  It's a battle.  It's great.  Embrace it.

Off to the bar for tonight.  They have stress medication there...

Out of the eight teams remaining, the Rangers and the Kings are the only ones who made it to the second round last year.

Sections
Shortcuts