OK just work with me please

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

OK just work with me please

Now that it's pretty much a done deal that Kelly is pretty much done for the season. PC's hand is basically forced to make a move. So, without playing fantasy hockey...and throwing out names like Perry & Ryan. PC probably would like to have 2 forwards & another D, but I doubt he has the parts to get that now. So without moving any of the TOP 6. That includes Krecji people...Peverly stays & we all know that the 4th line probably won't be going anywhere. And Rask, DS, Chara, Hamilton & McQuaid are safe. Please add your own to the list. These can be rentals but I'm looking at realistic 3rd liners on the B's & possibly a d that could play top 4 in case Boychuk goes. Here's mine from some teams

Ana- Daniel Winnik- LW/C

Cal- Curtis Glenncross, Lee Stempniak, Joni Pitkanen

Carl- Patrick Dwyer,  Jay Harrison

Chic- I don't think they'll let anyone go     

Colo- David Jones-He's better than this, Cody McLeod,  John Mitchell,   Ryan O'Bryne

Colu- Vinny Prospal, Mike Foligno,

Dal- Jagr, Morrow, Robidas

Det- Filppula

Ed- Ryan Smyth, Smid, Whitney

LA- Scuderi

Min- Gilbert

Nash- Mike Fisher

New J- Clarkson, Zidlicky, Tallinder

NYI- Boyes, Streit, 

NYR- Girardi

Pitt- Dupuis, Niskanen

San J- Murray, Clowe

Tor- MacArthur

Wash- Fehr, Chimera

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: OK just work with me please

FLA  - Matthias!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Morrow and Streit. Rentals only please....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

My front runners are Glencross, Smid, and Murray.  Matthias isn't a bad idea either.  Or Robidas

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

who,s the oldest thats my pick

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bruinsfan084evr's comment:

who,s the oldest thats my pick

So Jagr or Whitney then?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not having watched any of the above I haven't a clue on anyone except the pipe dreams like Yagr, Prospal, Smyth. So ask yourself, are any of these [ not well known] better than Caron for solid size, work along the boards, still only 21/22. He's not a sniper, but he is Claude's type of player. NAS mentioned Matthias. Is he the same one we saw last night who took out Hamilton[ why was that not a trip?] and scored. He looks like good size, speed, and he did deke Tuuka. He looks like the prototype 3rd liner, and was working on their PK so he could replace Pandolfo's contributions. Is he a goal scorer ? That's at forward. Has anyone watched Krug in Providence ? Or Bartkowski, Cohen ? Are any of the suggestions better skaters or puck movers om defense ? Can they replace the experience that Ference has ? Or the size and effort of McQ ? Johnson didn't look as if he's a good fill-in. That's what the bruins need. Someone to be the 7th D who is fast, reasonable size [ Krug's not very big] and able to fill in in Claude's system.  Isn't the real problem that Kreji's line isn't playing the way they can ?? Isn't the 3rd line in need of a different makeup by adding the skills of a Spooner ? My opinion of what they should do with Thornton is well known.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

FLA  - Matthias!

yes

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ribeiro is on fire right now and would improve the 3rd line immensely. I like the Streit Idea as well, goood veteran DMan for the playoff push. Pierre-Marc Brouchard would only cost a conditional pick from the Wild if PC can't get what he wants and/or doesn't want to wait till later this month.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Morrow and Streit. Rentals only please....

Love both of those choices. I also like Fehr because he's on a one yr deal for small money and would require little to obtain.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

How bout moving Horton for legit top 6 (Cammalleri, Ryan anyone?), and then include any additional moves to address 3rd line issues ?

In 3, 2, 1 .....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

JW, is your new avatar a picture of yourself?

With all of the whining, it certainly would make sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonBruin. Show DonBruin's posts

You pretty much said it all NOB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

FLA  - Matthias!

Pipe dream

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So you're going to go start a new thread about...."whining" right ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

JW, is your new avatar a picture of yourself?

Excellent hockey comment from one of the "good posters"

I guess you were right about this place sucking...that would make you the King of suckness

Congrats your highness

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

How bout moving Horton for legit top 6 (Cammalleri, Ryan anyone?), and then include any additional moves to address 3rd line issues ?

In 3, 2, 1 .....

As my intial post said..No fantasy hockey & no movement of the top 6, or Peverly.  0..-1...-2...-3...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In 3, 2, 1 .....

Trading Horton is not out of the question.  We all look at other teams UFA's but forget that the Bruins also have UFA's in Horton, Ference, and Khudobin.  Surely the Bruins aren't the only team looking for rentals.  I have noticed a lot of media members close to the team talking about a top 4 defenseman.  Assuming that you wouldn't have to include Boychuk, Ference, or McQuaid in the deal, which one of these 3 sits?  As I son't see Dougie sitting and certainly not Chara or Dennis.  PC seems frustrated by not being able to make a move yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Not having watched any of the above I haven't a clue on anyone except the pipe dreams like Yagr, Prospal, Smyth. So ask yourself, are any of these [ not well known] better than Caron for solid size, work along the boards, still only 21/22. He's not a sniper, but he is Claude's type of player. NAS mentioned Matthias. Is he the same one we saw last night who took out Hamilton[ why was that not a trip?] and scored. He looks like good size, speed, and he did deke Tuuka. He looks like the prototype 3rd liner, and was working on their PK so he could replace Pandolfo's contributions. Is he a goal scorer ? That's at forward. Has anyone watched Krug in Providence ? Or Bartkowski, Cohen ? Are any of the suggestions better skaters or puck movers om defense ? Can they replace the experience that Ference has ? Or the size and effort of McQ ? Johnson didn't look as if he's a good fill-in. That's what the bruins need. Someone to be the 7th D who is fast, reasonable size [ Krug's not very big] and able to fill in in Claude's system.  Isn't the real problem that Kreji's line isn't playing the way they can ?? Isn't the 3rd line in need of a different makeup by adding the skills of a Spooner ? My opinion of what they should do with Thornton is well known.

How can somone be a hockey fan & not know these names? Not being a smart alec here...Seriously if you don't know any of list I provided how can anybody take what you say seriously about what the Bruins need!! You can't replace Ference's experience with Krug, or Cohen. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

FLA  - Matthias!

One of about 3 players that Fla has & you get upset over someone mentioning a big name in a trade? Here's a double standard that you're notorious for NAS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

FLA  - Matthias!

One of about 3 players that Fla has & you get upset over someone mentioning a big name in a trade? Here's a double standard that you're notorious for NAS.

Florida has to do something.  They're miserable.  Versteeg and Weiss are out for the year, so they aren't being traded.  Matthias has been on the third line for most of the season.  He's not a big name at all.  Fleischmann, Kopecky and Goc are much bigger.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In 3, 2, 1 .....

As my intial post said..No fantasy hockey & no movement of the top 6, or Peverly.  0..-1...-2...-3...

Why not ? I'm for anything that helps the team. Horton is walking on egg shells. I'm a Horton fan, but he's gotta engage emotionally. Right now he's killing the 1st line. Is he in the B's future? I'd say they need to figure that out sooner rather than later. It's a legitimate question -

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Why not ? I'm for anything that helps the team. Horton is walking on egg shells. I'm a Horton fan, but he's gotta engage emotionally. Right now he's killing the 1st line. Is he in the B's future? I'd say they need to figure that out sooner rather than later. It's a legitimate question -

Because it wasn't the premise of the OP or this particular thread - if you want to talk about trading the top 6 there are plenty of other threads devoted to that. Why not stick to the premise of this one, and discuss trading top 6 in the threads where that's the topic?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

For Kelly and Peverley, it basically cost Boston a 2nd reounder, a young roster player with potential and a solid D. So let's say you add two players - one for the third, one an upgrade on D, and then use Yetiberg to fill out the third, you'd likely be looking at a similar pckage going the other way (say Caron and a second, and then a depth
    D maybe from the system). Because of the deadline being pushed back, they could even try to go after Dekeyser or Sustr from the college ranks for that depth d spot as they'd be playoff elligible.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

For Kelly and Peverley, it basically cost Boston a 2nd reounder, a young roster player with potential and a solid D. So let's say you add two players - one for the third, one an upgrade on D, and then use Yetiberg to fill out the third, you'd likely be looking at a similar pckage going the other way (say Caron and a second, and then a depth
    D maybe from the system).

PC can offer Ference as well to some teams like Washington or the Islanders because he has an expiring contract.