OK just work with me please

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: OK just work with me please

Trying to bite my tongue here...

I think that the most important variables here with the group listed above (good list nite) are 1) availability and 2) contract status.  I'm guessing that only about half of these guys are actually available (at reasonable cost anyhow) and many more are totally impractical due to contract status.  

That's the biggest problem with the trade proposals tossed around here -- most of them are evaluated only on how the fit would be for the Bruins, instead of the variables mentioned above.  Ideas for top 6 forwards are almost always unrealistic, which is probably why the OP tried to avoid that mess here.

I look at someone like David Jones, who's available and might fit in well, but his contract is obscene for the amount he produces and he's on the books for $4 million a year for 3 more years after this season.  No thanks.

That's why I like guys listed like Matthias, Glencross, R. Jones, Smid, Murray -- all are FAs after this year, all are on under-achieving teams, none should be alarmingly expensive.  Then you can start looking at how they would fit in and help the Bruins.  I think you could make an argument for each guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I think that the most important variables here with the group listed above (good list nite) are 1) availability and 2) contract status.  I'm guessing that only about half of these guys are actually available (at reasonable cost anyhow) and many more are totally impractical due to contract status.  

That's the biggest problem with the trade proposals tossed around here -- most of them are evaluated only on how the fit would be for the Bruins, instead of the variables mentioned above.  Ideas for top 6 forwards are almost always unrealistic, which is probably why the OP tried to avoid that mess here.

I look at someone like David Jones, who's available and might fit in well, but his contract is obscene for the amount he produces and he's on the books for $4 million a year for 3 more years after this season.  No thanks.

That's why I like guys listed like Matthias, Glencross, R. Jones, Smid, Murray -- all are FAs after this year, all are on under-achieving teams, none should be alarmingly expensive.  Then you can start looking at how they would fit in and help the Bruins.  I think you could make an argument for each guy.

We really are agreeing too much lately - it's getting creepy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I agree Fletch I don't want a 2nd year on any trades. $11.6M (including Savard LTIR) to sign Horton, Rask plus a 6 and 7 Dman will be difficult enough for PC this summer. Expiring contract needs to happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to red75's comment:

We really are agreeing too much lately - it's getting creepy.

Yeah...

It is my opinion that Montreal and Vancouver play the game with the utmost honor and integrity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I agree Fletch I don't want a 2nd year on any trades. $11.6M (including Savard LTIR) to sign Horton, Rask plus a 6 and 7 Dman will be difficult enough for PC this summer. Expiring contract needs to happen.

^Exactly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah...

It is my opinion that Montreal and Vancouver play the game with the utmost honor and integrity.

You idiot...

Also, it's a travesty that Ulf Sameulsson never won the Lady Byng.

there, that should about do it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to red75's comment:

You idiot...

Also, it's a travesty that Ulf Sameulsson never won the Lady Byng.

I hate you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I hate you.

Good. I feel much better now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Bingo...impending ufa's only.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rask:  $6M

Horton:  $5M

Dump Ference and bring up a couple of ELC guys or sign cheap older guys for #6 and 7.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

(Rental) Streit or Joni Pitkanen (Carolina is still in the hunt so no real chance), Clarkson or Clowe are dreams considering the asking price; Fehr for long term is gonna take a Spooner and a pick.  I'd rather stay the course!  The Bs are in the hunt for the Cup but there are no guarantees even when you say Kaberle.  Steit though can be had! Now that is doable.  

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Now that it's pretty much a done deal that Kelly is pretty much done for the season. PC's hand is basically forced to make a move. So, without playing fantasy hockey...and throwing out names like Perry & Ryan. PC probably would like to have 2 forwards & another D, but I doubt he has the parts to get that now. So without moving any of the TOP 6. That includes Krecji people...Peverly stays & we all know that the 4th line probably won't be going anywhere. And Rask, DS, Chara, Hamilton & McQuaid are safe. Please add your own to the list. These can be rentals but I'm looking at realistic 3rd liners on the B's & possibly a d that could play top 4 in case Boychuk goes. Here's mine from some teams

Ana- Daniel Winnik- LW/C

Cal- Curtis Glenncross, Lee Stempniak, Joni Pitkanen

Carl- Patrick Dwyer,  Jay Harrison

Chic- I don't think they'll let anyone go     

Colo- David Jones-He's better than this, Cody McLeod,  John Mitchell,   Ryan O'Bryne

Colu- Vinny Prospal, Mike Foligno,

Dal- Jagr, Morrow, Robidas

Det- Filppula

Ed- Ryan Smyth, Smid, Whitney

LA- Scuderi

Min- Gilbert

Nash- Mike Fisher

New J- Clarkson, Zidlicky, Tallinder

NYI- Boyes, Streit, 

NYR- Girardi

Pitt- Dupuis, Niskanen

San J- Murray, Clowe

Tor- MacArthur

Wash- Fehr, Chimera

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

(Rental) Streit or Joni Pitkanen (Carolina is still in the hunt so no real chance), Clarkson or Clowe are dreams considering the asking price; Fehr for long term is gonna take a Spooner and a pick.  I'd rather stay the course!  The Bs are in the hunt for the Cup but there are no guarantees even when you say Kaberle.  Streit though can be had! Now that is doable

Absolutely. Could probably nab him for a 2nd rounder. Snow has even signed  a fill in by the name of Brian Strait for near league minimum to fool the less informed Isle faithful.

But seriously, very good odds Streit is at least moved somewhere, might as well be Boston....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

(Rental) Streit or Joni Pitkanen (Carolina is still in the hunt so no real chance), Clarkson or Clowe are dreams considering the asking price; Fehr for long term is gonna take a Spooner and a pick.  I'd rather stay the course!  The Bs are in the hunt for the Cup but there are no guarantees even when you say Kaberle.  Steit though can be had! Now that is doable. 

My long wanting request for Joni Pitkanen will again not happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

(Rental) Streit or Joni Pitkanen (Carolina is still in the hunt so no real chance), Clarkson or Clowe are dreams considering the asking price; Fehr for long term is gonna take a Spooner and a pick.  I'd rather stay the course!  The Bs are in the hunt for the Cup but there are no guarantees even when you say Kaberle.  Streit though can be had! Now that is doable

Absolutely. Could probably nab him for a 2nd rounder. Snow has even signed  a fill in by the name of Brian Strait for near league minimum to fool the less informed Isle faithful.

But seriously, very good odds Streit is at least moved somewhere, might as well be Boston....

Of course they could get him for a second round pick.  That's the maximum asking price of every GM in the league!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Of course they could get him for a second round pick.  That's the maximum asking price of every GM in the league!

Hence, why I mentioned it...:)

Islamorada is right. This is quite "doable."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Thx Fletch. For the most part I tried to stay away from the longer term guys, but Jones isn't playing well & I think he's a better player. Just like Lucic & Horton are better than they're showing. Unless Horton becomes a play-off hero again. I can't see him coming back, but would Jones be a nice replacement? Clowe is another guy who fits the B's mold & he could be a Kelly/Peverly type of trade with the possibilty of a re-signing. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

FLA  - Matthias!

One of about 3 players that Fla has & you get upset over someone mentioning a big name in a trade? Here's a double standard that you're notorious for NAS.

Florida has to do something.  They're miserable.  Versteeg and Weiss are out for the year, so they aren't being traded.  Matthias has been on the third line for most of the season.  He's not a big name at all.  Fleischmann, Kopecky and Goc are much bigger.

[/QUOTE]

You said these guys aren't doing anything & not worth much, so if you notice that for as many times you watched the Panthers this season, do you think many GM's are going to give up much to get one of these guys? Wouldn't Tallon see the samething your seeing & up the value of Matthias?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I wonder if we could get Clowe for Horton ??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You said these guys aren't doing anything & not worth much, so if you notice that for as many times you watched the Panthers this season, do you think many GM's are going to give up much to get one of these guys? Wouldn't Tallon see the samething your seeing & up the value of Matthias?

May I just say that you might want to ignore the overpassioned shift among some for Matthias. He has been a complete nobody his whole career thus far up until the last couple of weeks where he suddenly got hot for all of us to see by embarrassing our 19 year old rookie D man. He is likely not the "missing piece" the B's may be looking for.

PC is in all probability going for vets that CJ can be immediatly comfortable with and who are impending ufa's.

Just my opinion, though. Have at it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Im going for 2 players on one team to solve our problems.

morrow/robidas

or

iggy/sarich

or 

smyth/smid

or 

neil/subban 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Im going for 2 players on one team to solve our problems.

morrow/robidas

or

iggy/sarich

or 

smyth/smid

or 

neil/subban 

Hi Shupe, you have some interesting combos here. I personally think that when thinking of upgrades certain things will likely be considered (and Nite has done a decent job here):

1. PC believes the roster is solid for the most part. This means that he will probably not trade an existing core member to upgrade

2. Since the cap is going to be reduced to $64 million next season he is not looking to add salary. This means he will likely only add impending UFA's

3. Recognizing last season as a template in the uslessness of adding insiginficant parts and addressing the reality of the loss of Kelly, PC will obtain a major addition if possible

4. For this season only, PC does have the cap space for a major addition if possible

Most of your suggestions here are probably not going to happen.

For example; Sarich, Smyth, and Robidas are all signed for next season. Plus, the Neil/Subban thing seems rather odd considering your premise of "2 players, one team."

Not trying to be argumentative, just my opinion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Glencross hat trick for 12G,is not going anywhere, Calg is still close for playoff spot as is almost everybody out west.

Col Cbj and EDm are only sub500 teams over there right now with Cal and NAS at 500.

East

Flo, Buf, TB, Was Phi below 500 and NYI at 500.

At present these are the possible dance partners.

Shupe how about

Col- Kobasew/Hunwick

Cal-Begin/Wideman

Nas-Bourque/Gill

Flo-Hamill/Versteeg

Buff-McNabb/Mackenzie

TB-Pouliot/Thompson

Was-Hendricks

Phi-Knuble/Kessel

NYI- Boyes/TT

The rest is just scraping the barrel.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Col- Kobasew/Hunwick

Cal-Begin/Wideman

Nas-Bourque/Gill

Flo-Hamill/Versteeg

Buff-McNabb/Mackenzie

TB-Pouliot/Thompson

Was-Hendricks

Phi-Knuble/Kessel

NYI- Boyes/TT

The rest is just scraping the barrel.

I would say much of your projections are, in fact, scraping the barrel....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

May I just say that you might want to ignore the overpassioned shift among some for Matthias. He has been a complete nobody his whole career thus far up until the last couple of weeks where he suddenly got hot for all of us to see by embarrassing our 19 year old rookie D man. He is likely not the "missing piece" the B's may be looking for.

PC is in all probability going for vets that CJ can be immediatly comfortable with and who are impending ufa's.

Just my opinion, though. Have at it.

He didn't become hot for beating Hamiton.  You'd agree that Mark Stuart is a pretty solid defenseman, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3UpYgnCBAc

They've had him on the wing all year, but injuries now have him centering their "first" line (Kopecy/Fleischmann).  The result?  5 goals in 8 games.

A former second round pick, Matthias was the centerpiece coming back of the Bertuzzi to Detroit.

So, JMW, you might not really know what you're talking about here.

Also, I've seen the "expiring contracts" talk around here.  What's up with that?  If the B's are going to pay for someone, I'd think they'd want to keep him for more than 20 games or so (unless it's a deadline bomb job like last year and all Chiarelli can do is get Rolston/Zanon/Mottau).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Keep on track of the conversation, Nite.

Fleischmann, Goc and Kopecky are bigger names. 

Tallon is an idiot.  Who knows what he'll do next.

Sections
Shortcuts