OK no to Marleau for Marchand, but what....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

OK no to Marleau for Marchand, but what....

About Evander Kane? Marchand, Kelly & Bart, For Kane & a 4th rounder? 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: OK no to Marleau for Marchand, but what....

Stanley says it's a done deal but they cannot announce trades during the SCF, unless it is Dan Boyle being traded to the Islanders.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

[object HTMLDivElement]

if i'm the Jets i don't make this deal....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If we can have Lucic, Kane, Loui, Paille as our 4 left wingers while having Dk, bergie, soder, Campy up the middle im down with it.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PS. We save around 2+ m with this trade.  Allowing us to sign Iggy and biznasty. 

Dk, iggy, lucic

bergie kane smith

soder loui ?

campy paille biznasty.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

If we can have Lucic, Kane, Loui, Paille as our 4 left wingers while having Dk, bergie, soder, Campy up the middle im down with it.  

Well, I love the idea of Kane, but only if the Bruins can get him to change his attitude. A lot will say he's got Kessel's attitude & Seguin's behavior, but the difference is that he plays with a hellva lot more jam than these two & certainly fits the teams mold a lot better. Gotta admit Shupe..That profile is the the best I've seen & it doesn't fit another poster better than you. Great stuff!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Good for the B's but I am not so sure good for the Jets. Though, Chevy is due for a move in Winnipeg...the locals are starting to get restless...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Good for the B's but I am not so sure good for the Jets. Though, Chevy is due for a move in Winnipeg...the locals are starting to get restless...

I think it addresses a few needs for the jets. # wise kane and marchand arent far off.  Bart is a serviceable dman. Kelly gives them some fwd depth.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think it addresses a few needs for the jets. # wise kane and marchand arent far off.  Bart is a serviceable dman. Kelly gives them some fwd depth.  

That's exactly how I see it as well Shupe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Problem though is that the Jets already have a whole stable of 6-7 D men and plumbers who have problems putting the puck in the net.  At least that's what I see. What the Jets are missing is top end talent....like the immortal (and off-side magnet) Blake Wheeler.

But I do see your point and would very much like to see this happen...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I try to refrain from homemade "reciped' trades but since it's nite I can't resist. 

If you're a Winnipeg fan .............are you excited about getting Kelly and Bartkowski in a Kane deal ?

I think the returns would have to be a bit higher with a bit of youth and future upside rather then acquiring a couple of bottom end players when trading away Kane's potential.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

You could make a case for a straight up trade of Marchand for Kane. Marchand statistically is superior to Kane in goals and assists although it's so close as to be a virtual tie. Marchand is also the better defensive player and has a much higher shooting %. However, Marchand is 26 to Kane's 23 and Kane seems to be regarded as having greater overall potential. But Kane is also an immature pain in the butt with a questionable attitude. Otherwise the Yets wouldn't even think of trading him and those negative aspects have to be considered in weighing his value in a trade. Then there is a difference in salaries to be factored in if your PC as you'd be taking on $.75m in cap hit.

Would Win-a-pig want Marchand? Sure but even though I just made a case for an even swap I think Chevy will have the advantage in the deal as he will likely have a minor bidding war if he decides to trade Kane. Kane is the more desirable player across the league IMO. So PC would have to up his offer. Bart has upside as a PMD and if Chevy values that maybe that gets it done. Or perhaps a 3rd rounder and a middle prospect or something like that. I don't think they'd have much interest in Kelly.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

But Kane is also an immature pain in the butt with a questionable attitude. Otherwise the Yets wouldn't even think of trading him and those negative aspects have to be considered in weighing his value in a trade.

Could also describe Marchand, no?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

You could make a case for a straight up trade of Marchand for Kane. Marchand statistically is superior to Kane in goals and assists although it's so close as to be a virtual tie. Marchand is also the better defensive player and has a much higher shooting %. However, Marchand is 26 to Kane's 23 and Kane seems to be regarded as having greater overall potential. But Kane is also an immature pain in the butt with a questionable attitude. Otherwise the Yets wouldn't even think of trading him and those negative aspects have to be considered in weighing his value in a trade. Then there is a difference in salaries to be factored in if your PC as you'd be taking on $.75m in cap hit.

Would Win-a-pig want Marchand? Sure but even though I just made a case for an even swap I think Chevy will have the advantage in the deal as he will likely have a minor bidding war if he decides to trade Kane. Kane is the more desirable player across the league IMO. So PC would have to up his offer. Bart has upside as a PMD and if Chevy values that maybe that gets it done. Or perhaps a 3rd rounder and a middle prospect or something like that. I don't think they'd have much interest in Kelly.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Furthermore, I don't think Kelly has much interest in them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

But Kane is also an immature pain in the butt with a questionable attitude. Otherwise the Yets wouldn't even think of trading him and those negative aspects have to be considered in weighing his value in a trade.

Could also describe Marchand, no?

Marchand's antics seem to be on-ice things - Stupid penalties, etc. Inability to control himself at time. Kane is a more of a problem child off the ice and not getting along so well with his coach. Maybe that's Paul Maurice's fault for all we know but either way there have been problems and he's sat Kane a couple of times as a healthy scratch.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Give us your best player.

We'll give you a second liner who sucks when it matters, an overpriced, underperforming aged and injured third liner, a third pairing defenseman who is prone to stupid penalties and a crappy draft pick.

Seems reasonable.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I don't think they'd have much interest in Kelly.

[/QUOTE]

Furthermore, I don't think Kelly has much interest in them.

[/QUOTE]

Ha! Probably not. Kelly has a NTC. Not sure if it's limited though.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Problem though is that the Jets already have a whole stable of 6-7 D men and plumbers who have problems putting the puck in the net.  At least that's what I see. What the Jets are missing is top end talent....like the immortal (and off-side magnet) Blake Wheeler.

But I do see your point and would very much like to see this happen...

You can never have enough serviceable dmen.  Trading from a position of strength for them would be move big buff.   Could trading Buff for Staal help the jets?  Carolina want dmen.  All of a sudden you have staal, wheeler, march, ladd sheifele, little in your top 6.  Still have bogo, enstrom and trouba on the back end.  

How does one apply to be a GM.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Give us your best player.

We'll give you a second liner who sucks when it matters, an overpriced, underperforming aged and injured third liner, a third pairing defenseman who is prone to stupid penalties and a crappy draft pick.

Seems reasonable.

Didnt we make a similar trade with jumbo joe.  They happen.  

• Sections
    Shortcuts