Okay Vancouver.....this is beyond ridiculous

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Okay Vancouver.....this is beyond ridiculous

I know you can't generalize based on the acts of a few, but it's getting stupid and you idiots out that in Vancouver are giving Canadians a bad name.

I hope they find the idiot and lock him up.  This is simply disgusting and beyond what sports and sports rivalries are supposed to be about.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/bruins-lucic-horrified-family-church-defaced/article2342348/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Okay Vancouver.....this is beyond ridiculous

Weak. I hope they realize they are diminishing all the good hockey fans in that City.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Some people just plain don't deserve to breath.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Yep.  Doing this will inch them that much closer to winning the Cup.  Perhaps it assists in reversing the clock so the Canucks can win Game 7 this time?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I agree wholeheartedly with LRH.  This sickens me to no end.  I'd be willing to bet that the loser who perpetrated this offense against a house of worship is on the "wanted list" as a riot participant.

When I see stuff like this, I get upset, sad and, most of all, disappointed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

When they catch these morons. They should spray paint their homes, with the slogan "2011 Stanley Cup Champs Boston Bruins" By M. Lucic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Okay Vancouver.....this is beyond ridiculous:
    When they catch these morons. They should spray paint their homes, with the slogan "2011 Stanley Cup Champs Boston Bruins" By M. Lucic
    Posted by PAULICAS1975

So, your idea of punishment is to do something just as stupid to them as they've done to the church?

My idea would be 300 hours of volunteer service to the church.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Not surprised even a little bit! The thing of it is. Is the players themselves or their media people are just as guilty when they behave in the ripping of the NHL guide & record book covers in Fla. The city is a farce & a joke & it starts with the whole organization & how they conduct themselves as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Sad

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fairshake. Show fairshake's posts

Not surprised even a little bit! The thing of it is. Is the players themselves or their media people are just as guilty when they behave in the ripping of the NHL guide & record book covers in Fla. The city is a farce & a joke & it starts with the whole organization & how they conduct themselves as well.
    Posted by nitemare-38

That's plain silly and provocations like yours are simply tiresome and, frankly, boring. In what way does the organization conduct themselves that would in any way encourage or condone this? In what way is the city of Vancouver a "farce" or a "joke"? Perhaps try working on your IQ, move out of your parent's basement and at least stop with the strawman accusations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In Response to Re: Okay Vancouver.....this is beyond ridiculous : So, your idea of punishment is to do something just as stupid to them as they've done to the church? My idea would be 300 hours of volunteer service to the church.
    Posted by 49-North

or both...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yet another example of why this city can drive me nuts. I'm in East Van and my partner told me about this yesterday morning after she went past it (some kids showed up later to clean it off). She prefaced it by saying "Ok, don't get angry but..."

It's at the point where nothing would suprise me. They tried to beat him up, they've belittled his grandparents and attempted to assualt theim, verbally abused him at local pubs (I witnessed that one first hand), forced him to not be able to celebrate his championship with the community as he intended, and now they've defaced his church. This is a kid from my neighbourhood, and he's treated in a way that makes me want to vomit. We need Gillis or the Sedins or the Mayor or someone to come out and say "Enough is Enough"!

He's as much of a Vancouverite as 49 and he should be treated as such.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Its pretty sad that region treats its very own local boy that way. Chris Nilan was despised as a Canadien but he & his family were never been treated like that. It almost seems like the Canuck organization has no problem w/ this stuff, pathetic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Its pretty sad that region treats its very own local boy that way. Chris Nilan was despised as a Canadien but he & his family were never been treated like that. It almost seems like the Canuck organization has no problem w/ this stuff, pathetic.
    Posted by stan17

Come on!  Do you really, honestly think that the Canucks organization would think this type of garbage is OK?

From today's Vancouver Sun:

“I think that the only thing we can say is that we have absolutely no association with any person that would do such a thing,” the GM said, “and they are not representative of what we are as a business, the way we act in the community, and what we attempt to do daily.”

And about the riot, he said this:

“Some stupid people did some stupid stuff. It’s embarrassing as a citizen of Vancouver,” said Gillis.

“Our answer for it is that we’ve begun a complete campaign, unilaterally, about being responsible. Responsible citizens, responsible fans, to behave responsibly, and that you’re not part of our fan base if you choose to be irresponsible — whether you’re celebrating or you’re angry or whatever you are."

I've said multiple times on this forum how disgusted I was about the actions of the rioters, and how proud I was of the thousands who went down the next day and volunteered to help clean up the mess.  And my post earlier on this thread expresses my views about these graffiti goons. 

There are millions of Canuck fans, and some of them are complete idiots.  The overwhelming majority are angry and disgusted at those who feel that rioting and defacing a church are proper ways to express themselves.  Don't lump us all in with the "IQ = shoe size" crowd. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Okay Vancouver.....this is beyond ridiculous : Come on!  Do you really, honestly think that the Canucks organization would think this type of garbage is OK? From today's Vancouver Sun: “I think that the only thing we can say is that we have absolutely no association with any person that would do such a thing,” the GM said, “and they are not representative of what we are as a business, the way we act in the community, and what we attempt to do daily.” And about the riot, he said this: “Some stupid people did some stupid stuff. It’s embarrassing as a citizen of Vancouver,” said Gillis. “Our answer for it is that we’ve begun a complete campaign, unilaterally, about being responsible. Responsible citizens, responsible fans, to behave responsibly, and that you’re not part of our fan base if you choose to be irresponsible — whether you’re celebrating or you’re angry or whatever you are."   I've said multiple times on this forum how disgusted I was about the actions of the rioters, and how proud I was of the thousands who went down the next day and volunteered to help clean up the mess.  And my post earlier on this thread expresses my views about these graffiti goons.  There are millions of Canuck fans, and some of them are complete idiots.  The overwhelming majority are angry and disgusted at those who feel that rioting and defacing a church are proper ways to express themselves.  Don't lump us all in with the "IQ = shoe size" crowd.   
    Posted by 49-North

I don't think we're trying to lump you all together 49, just noting that the idiots have made you all look bbad unfortunately, and that Looch and his family has been treated like s#!t by a vocal minority in this town. There were a lot of folks on the Drive that were upset his plans were canceled as they wanted to celebrate with him. But that vocal minority screwed it up for the majority, as well as Looch.

and I'm glad Gillis spoke up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Okay Vancouver.....this is beyond ridiculous : I don't think we're trying to lump you all together 49, just noting that the idiots have made you all look bbad unfortunately, and that Looch and his family has been treated like s#!t by a vocal minority in this town. There were a lot of folks on the Drive that were upset his plans were canceled as they wanted to celebrate with him. But that vocal minority screwed it up for the majority, as well as Looch. and I'm glad Gillis spoke up.
    Posted by red75

If you took a poll, I'd be willing to predict that most Vancouverites are proud of Milan's accomplishments, they just wish he had done them against a different team (or better yet, with the Canucks).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Okay Vancouver.....this is beyond ridiculous : If you took a poll, I'd be willing to predict that most Vancouverites are proud of Milan's accomplishments, they just wish he had done them against a different team (or better yet, with the Canucks).
    Posted by 49-North

That's why I said vocal minority. It's like in politics, I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of the GOP doesn't want to ban the pill, but the vocal minority that does makes them all look a little bats#!t. This is the problem Canucks fans are having with the vocal minority that just won't let it go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Okay Vancouver.....this is beyond ridiculous : That's why I said vocal minority. It's like in politics, I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of the GOP doesn't want to ban the pill, but the vocal minority that does makes them all look a little bats#!t. This is the problem Canucks fans are having with the vocal minority that just won't let it go.
    Posted by red75

I hear ya, red -- it's just insane.  Why don't these guys focus on the present?  The current version of the team looks like it can go deep into the playoffs again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

49 you can call what I wrote ridiculous but whats truly ridiculous is 2 massive riots after 2 cup loses, done by 2 different generations of people. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Lucic is angry about this so this will be a chance for Lucic to redeem, If the  Canucks and Bruins meet for Lord Stanley again. I will see Lucic being the player to come out and play herder for the remaining season.

Overall this is a embarassing for the community.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

49 you can call what I wrote ridiculous but whats truly ridiculous is 2 massive riots after 2 cup loses, done by 2 different generations of people. 
    Posted by stan17

The only part of your post that I thought was ridiculous was the part where you suggested that the Canucks organization wasn't doing or saying anything to discourage this type of behaviour. 

The behaviour, on the other hand, is 100% ridiculous -- you have my complete, utter agreement on that one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

In Response to Re: Okay Vancouver.....this is beyond ridiculous : So, your idea of punishment is to do something just as stupid to them as they've done to the church? My idea would be 300 hours of volunteer service to the church.
    Posted by 49-North

My idea to spray paint their homes with the slogan and then have the kids who did it clean it up so they know what kind of hard work and time goes into what they have done. Not to mention money. 300 hours of voluntary work to me would not be enough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

If some dumb kids in Marblehead has spray painted Corey Schneiders boyhood church or school or something of the like, people in Vancouver would be making these sweeping generalazations about fans from Boston

And they would be wrong

Just like some of us are now

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I agree wholeheartedly with LRH.  This sickens me to no end.  I'd be willing to bet that the loser who perpetrated this offense against a house of worship is on the "wanted list" as a riot participant. When I see stuff like this, I get upset, sad and, most of all, disappointed.
    Posted by 49-North

At least you can admit when something is dead wrong & uncalled for. It's too bad something like this reflects on the city of Vancouver as a whole. I may not agree with all of your hockey opinions ( as we are all homers to our teams ) but I do believe you are sincere with your post about being upset & disappointed about a situation like this. Can you imagine a Canucks- Bruins Stanley Cup rematch !!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Okay Vancouver.....this is beyond ridiculous : At least you can admit when something is dead wrong & uncalled for. It's too bad something like this reflects on the city of Vancouver as a whole. I may not agree with all of your hockey opinions ( as we are all homers to our teams ) but I do believe you are sincere with your post about being upset & disappointed about a situation like this. Can you imagine a Canucks- Bruins Stanley Cup rematch !!
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

I'd move. ;)

Sections
Shortcuts