Old School AHL Brawl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Old School AHL Brawl

I'm no fan of staged fights, but I sure do like a good hockey fight.

I like it more when everyone goes.

CHECK OUT the Portland Pirates vs. Adirondack.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Old School AHL Brawl

Shocker Adirondack, Flyers Affiliation, were the aggressors.

Suspensions aren't up yet on the AHL website, should be interesting to see if they catch the 7th player on the ice.

AHL announcers are funny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Suspensions aren't up yet on the AHL website, should be interesting to see if they catch the 7th player on the ice.

Jack Edwards obviously started there.   Did you make it all the way through?   Lots of violence san dawgy.  

I remember that happened a lot in the 80s.   Its funny bc a lot of them philly was involved in.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Doc Emrick from back in the day, too. Those are my boys right there. Sure will be nice to get the Pirates out of the hell hole that is Lewiston and back into the renovated Civic Center in Portland. As for this brawl, reminds me of the ol' Maine Mariners days which, as you can see, used to be epic experiences for little tykes like me. Shoe!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Jack Edwards obviously started there.   Did you make it all the way through?   Lots of violence san dawgy.  

I remember that happened a lot in the 80s.   Its funny bc a lot of them philly was involved in. 

Blood on burnt Orange...Eeeeekkkk!

I kinda like the Ol barns to watch a hockey game. I hope Matthews Arena never goes away. Saw Kariya at Alfond arena once as well.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

As Fred Cusick would say, that was a real donnybrook.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

70s hockey was awful, but I must say I did like the emotional outburst like the Red Sox/Yankee  Rivers/Lee debacale in those years.  It makes any sport colorful.  One day hockey will be like Olympic hockey with watered down talent.  Oh I cannot wait for that day, zzzzzzzzzzz.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

70s hockey was awful, but I must say I did like the emotional outburst like the Red Sox/Yankee  Rivers/Lee debacale in those years.  It makes any sport colorful.  One day hockey will be like Olympic hockey with watered down talent.  Oh I cannot wait for that day, zzzzzzzzzzz.

I hope this doesn't happen as i would sadly have to stop watching.I agree that the threat of an emotional outburst as you say makes rivalries in hockey what they are. As you stated,it makes any sport colorful, i love that phrase and is a big reason i have always loved B's hockey.Over the years,the characters that have donned the Bruins jersey are too numerous to mention and the fantastic highs and lows i have witnessed are really a big part of my life.The fight,brawls that stemmed from pure hatred were a joy to behold in my eyes and when Wensink threw a punch at Lupien it was if i was throwing one myself and wanting to throw another.When i watch Olympic hockey,as talented as these players are,it pales in comparison to a good old fashioned NHL rivalry game or playoff series.I will agree staged fighting does nothing for me,but the pure animosity and emotion shown in the last B's/Pitt game was real and that to me is as important as the great goals and assists.  "It makes any sport colorful", couldn't have said it any better.

• Sections
    Shortcuts