Olympian Eriksson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Olympian Eriksson

I only managed to catch a few highlights of one of the Sweden games, but Loui seemed to be all over the place including one sweet assist.

Has anyone caught any Sweden games?  Has Loui caught fire?  Or did I just happen to catch Loui highlights?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Olympian Eriksson

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I only managed to catch a few highlights of one of the Sweden games, but Loui seemed to be all over the place including one sweet assist.

Has anyone caught any Sweden games?  Has Loui caught fire?  Or did I just happen to catch Loui highlights?

[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen any Sweden games but might if they can get by the Finns and play Canada in the final.Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have caught a couple, both games it seemed he was very involved. Everytime he was on the ice he did something noticeable, I think it's a sign of good things to come.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have caught a couple, both games it seemed he was very involved. Everytime he was on the ice he did something noticeable, I think it's a sign of good things to come.

[/QUOTE]

As Bruin fans...lets hope it does !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Eriksson is getting just under 19Mins a game and has been playing with Daniel Sedin with Henrik out and Zetterberg going down. One of the things I would have liked to see more of during the Olympics and when he gets back to Boston - is LouI taking more shots. He only has 9 total shots so far in 4 games.

He would have had two more goals right now but two passes bounced over his stick with wide open looks on the powerplay. LouI needs to get himself into way more passing lanes. He's chasing the puck a bit instead of putting himself in the right position.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

No, Loui's game has improved because  he gets more ice time and plays with some very capable linemates (see SanDogBrewin's post). Maybe CJ should try him on a line with David Krejci, but why would you demote Iggy, who's been hot lately?

I'd still say trade Eriksson for a #2 d-man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So let me get this . Loui was struggling with  the bruins apparently because of recent concussions gets to the olympics and boom

Symptoms - gone right? 

Ok so when he gets back playing  for the bruins no more symptons no more excuses. Is this right? 

Olympic hockey is the new concussion treatment of choice.  

[/QUOTE]

Great deduction, Marco!

Get over there quickly. Only a few days left. 

Then you'll be in the right frame of mind to watch Loui in time for the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, Loui's game has improved because  he gets more ice time and plays with some very capable linemates (see SanDogBrewin's post). Maybe CJ should try him on a line with David Krejci, but why would you demote Iggy, who's been hot lately?

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think Eriksson's issue is playing on a line with Black Hole Kelly.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You wont get a number 2 dman for loui

[/QUOTE]

You have a horrible understanding of what players values are

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You wont get a number 2 dman for loui

[/QUOTE]

You have a horrible understanding of what players values are

[/QUOTE]

...and if you work the phones the right way, talk to the right people and ask for the right players, you might even get a #1 d-man for him...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Eriksson is a second line player who has had to deal with two concussions.  If you trade for a number 2 defenseman you will need to come up with more.  If a team is trading a number 2 defenseman more than likely the team is rebuilding, I doubt Eriksson would be the player to build around.  More than likely the team would want young talent.  Spooner, Subban, Bartkowski etc.  

A lot of dislike for Eriksson on these boards, I seriously don't get.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eriksson is a second line player who has had to deal with two concussions.  If you trade for a number 2 defenseman you will need to come up with more.  If a team is trading a number 2 defenseman more than likely the team is rebuilding, I doubt Eriksson would be the player to build around.  More than likely the team would want young talent.  Spooner, Subban, Bartkowski etc.  

A lot of dislike for Eriksson on these boards, I seriously don't get.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand wanting to trade him. He's a bruins style player. Mainly it's just Marco and his reasons are a combination of seguin love, not knowing a thing about hockey and being a stat geek

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Loui scores today v. Finland.  So Loui will play for gold.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:[QUOTE]

A lot of dislike for Eriksson on these boards, I seriously don't get.  [/QUOTE]

Because he was part of the Seguin trade and got off to a slow start. You could also add that a lot of posters did not see him play in Dallas. It really happened, what LouI did for the Stars.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

We have yet to see loui perform well in a Bruins jersey. Even with soderberg, he was less than expected. Now, in the Olympics, he is skating more and playing better. Could it be the "bigger" ice surface ? Since Claude and Peter are there, they should have a current view of what makes Loui tick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Loui scores today v. Finland.  So Loui will play for gold.

He sure did, and he sure will. Stanley after that!

Watch it here:  http://olympics.cbc.ca/videos/video/loui-erikkson-wrist-shot-beats-kari-lehtonen-even-the-score-for-finland.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Loui and Carl were really starting to click heading into the break. How can somebody not be excited about the pre-Olympic play of the B's third line? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Madhouse27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Loui and Carl were really starting to click heading into the break. How can somebody not be excited about the pre-Olympic play of the B's third line? 

[/QUOTE]

I agree those two were really starting to click.  I think they'll be even better post Olympics.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Buddy first not a fan of just putting uo pts- guys like simmer kerr semin not recently though.  Players that are game breakers guys who even are nit scoring at times draw the opposition to them and open up Ice for others

As far as stat geek comment u might want to address this to  nhl gms as well for paying the big bucks .

[/QUOTE]

Where was Kessel today Marco?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So a Bruin will skate away with gold, one way or another. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Bergeron and Eriksson get back to the Bruins locker room.