Olympic Chick Stick-n-Puck: Everything is Backwards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Olympic Chick Stick-n-Puck: Everything is Backwards

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3 daughters and I understand it as well as anyone. I live it. Just suprised that there wasn't a word said in that handshake.

[/QUOTE]

Have watched previous games between the two teams, no love lost there,thats for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wow, I understand their is a rivalry/hatred but those handshakes are terrible. Dont even look at each other.

[/QUOTE]

You with 2 daughters don't understand that female psyche yet?

They're different than us you know.

[/QUOTE]

3 daughters and I understand it as well as anyone. I live it. Just suprised that there wasn't a word said in that handshake.

[/QUOTE]

Not surprised at all - they bloody well despise each other. They never do the "good game" thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wow, I understand their is a rivalry/hatred but those handshakes are terrible. Dont even look at each other.

[/QUOTE]

You with 2 daughters don't understand that female psyche yet?

They're different than us you know.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ha.  trick question.  no one understands the female psyche.

one thing I do understand is that when there is a fight and the fight is over, we shake hands and it's done.  With them, that's just the beginning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

one thing I do understand is that when there is a fight and the fight is over, we shake hands and it's done.  With them, that's just the beginning.

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it was the end.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully it was the end.

[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

IF the US wins, I wonder if they'll act as classy as the Canadian girls from 2010:

[/QUOTE]

Thats a big if Nas.

[/QUOTE]

What's the problem with having a couple of cold ones after winning the gold medal ? Please explain....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's the problem with having a couple of cold ones after winning the gold medal ? Please explain....

[/QUOTE]

I've watched a lot of Olympic hockey and even more Stanley Cup hockey.  I've never seen players sitting around on the ice with booze and cigars.

Classless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Classless or awesome?  I can see it either way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Canadian team, celebrating on Canadian ice, drinking American beer.

A chick with a cigar in her mouth just doesnt look right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Canadian team, celebrating on Canadian ice, drinking American beer.

A chick with a cigar in her mouth just doesnt look right.

[/QUOTE]

Monica Lewinsky thought it was ok.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

IF the US wins, I wonder if they'll act as classy as the Canadian girls from 2010:

[/QUOTE]

Guess you wont have to worry aboubt it!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

This is a complete mockey of the game of hockey.

Pathetic.

The players stink.

The refs stink.

Miserable.

[/QUOTE]

I thought you always said complaining about the reffing was lame,what gives?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've watched a lot of Olympic hockey and even more Stanley Cup hockey.  I've never seen players sitting around on the ice with booze and cigars.

Classless.

[/QUOTE]

Fourth consecutive gold for canadian women. CANADA  CANADA  CANADA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Man, they should just fight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People here cry when a ref misses a call in a game. 

The refs in the game today didn't miss a call.  They did their jobs poorly.  The takedown at the end was a penalty shot in every league in the world every single time it happens.  The refs were afraid to call it.

The call at the net was right.  It was a roughing call on Canada.  Five seconds later they hand out the biggest make up call I have ever seen in my life.

People here cry about the refs disliking the Bruins or the league wanting to give Team A the advantage.  This isn't about that at all.

They didn't make mistakes.  They suck at their job.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im sure your use to classy woman hookers don't count dick weed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The refs in the game today didn't miss a call.  They did their jobs poorly.  The takedown at the end was a penalty shot in every league in the world every single time it happens.  The refs were afraid to call it.

The call at the net was right.  It was a roughing call on Canada.  Five seconds later they hand out the biggest make up call I have ever seen in my life.

People here cry about the refs disliking the Bruins or the league wanting to give Team A the advantage.  This isn't about that at all.

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree with both points, that play on the make up call happens all the time during a game,basically a tap on the pads and a penalty shot should have been the call.I think,as you said, fear was the motivating factor in both cases.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

This is a complete mockey of the game of hockey.

Pathetic.

The players stink.

The refs stink.

Miserable.

[/QUOTE]

It's quite obvious that your problem is with women in general and not their game which can be very entertaining if you give it a chance.  CANADA  CANADA  CANADA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's quite obvious that your problem is with women in general and not their game which can be very entertaining if you give it a chance.  CANADA  CANADA  CANADA

[/QUOTE]

I tried, man.  I watched almost all of that game today.  Terrible passing, turnover central, weak shots that almost always miss the net, too many girls on the ice etc.  Just a bad game.  Looked more like our JV team from high school, and I rarely had a chance to see them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Does anyone else wonder why there was a British Ref working the game? At least that is what was said on the CBC broadcast. Like, what does a Brit know about hockey? Football yes, but hockey? I just don't see why they'd be using a British Ref for the most important game of the Tourney. I'd have prefered a US or Russian Ref. Just doesn't make sense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pauly1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I tried, man.  I watched almost all of that game today.  Terrible passing, turnover central, weak shots that almost always miss the net, too many girls on the ice etc.  Just a bad game.  Looked more like our JV team from high school, and I rarely had a chance to see them.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. They make such lame, weak passes, and bad turn overs. I guess I have just gotten used to it, and accept it. The one good thing was the excellent passing play on the winning goal. I am not trying to brag (already did that), but it was beautifully set up against a very tired US team. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE]

They suck at their job.[/QUOTE]

Agree with both points, that play on the make up call happens all the time during a game,[/QUOTE]

Not in overtimes of Gold Medal games do you call the original penalty on Canada nor the slap in the goalie pads as a make up. They should have been allowed to play.

IIHF referees have been terrible in the U20/U18 tournaments as of late and today's was another prime example of taking over crucial games instead of letting the competitors go at it even strength.

The ultimate outcome was taken out of the hands of the two teams. Awful!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE]

They suck at their job.[/QUOTE]

Agree with both points, that play on the make up call happens all the time during a game,[/QUOTE]

Not in overtimes of Gold Medal games do you call the original penalty on Canada nor the slap in the goalie pads as a make up. They should have been allowed to play.

IIHF referees have been terrible in the U20/U18 tournaments as of late and today's was another prime example of taking over crucial games instead of letting the competitors go at it even strength.

The ultimate outcome was taken out of the hands of the two teams. Awful!

[/QUOTE]

I don't know,that check to the side of the net should have been a penalty,imo for womens hockey,gold medal game or not.The slap on the pads on the other hand was a joke,no penalty.

Sections
Shortcuts