Olympic roster projected lineups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Olympic roster projected lineups

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Stamkos-Crosby-Giroux Nash
    Tavares-Getzlaf-Perry
    Couture-Toews-Sharp
    Benn-Bergeron-Richards Marleau

Carter

Duchene or Staal (maybe both if StamPkos can't go)

Keith-Weber
    Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
    Subban-Doughty

Vlasic Hamhuis

Harding Smith
    Price
    Luongo

I can't pick Canada's team it's too dam hard! I made so many switches because I think I'm leaving someone out.

Goaltenders: Roberto Luongo, Carey Price, Mike Smith

Defence: Jay Bouwmeester, Drew Doughty, Dan Hamhuis, Duncan Keith, Alex Pietrangelo, PK Subban, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Shea Weber

Forwards: Jamie Benn, Patrice Bergeron, Jeff Carter, Sidney Crosby, Matt Duchene, Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Kunitz, Patrick Marleau, Rick Nash, Corey Perry, Patrick Sharp, Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Jonathan Toews"

Nash too good to leave off the open ice. Marleau is a big suprise to me. Some POd people about Giroux not being on the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Tavares-Getzlaf-Perry
    Couture Kunitz-Toews-Sharp

Carter

Keith-Weber
    Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
    Subban-Doughty

Vlasic Hamhuis

Harding Smith
    Price
    Luongo

I can't pick Canada's team it's too dam hard! I made so many switches because I think I'm leaving someone out.

Defence: Jay Bouwmeester, Drew Doughty, Dan Hamhuis, Duncan Keith, Alex Pietrangelo, PK Subban, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Shea Weber

Forwards: Jamie Benn, Patrice Bergeron, Jeff Carter, Sidney Crosby, Matt Duchene, Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Kunitz, Patrick Marleau, Rick Nash, Corey Perry, Patrick Sharp, Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Jonathan Toews"

Nash too good to leave off the open ice. Marleau is a big suprise to me. Some POd people about Giroux not being on the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

"Bouwmeester, Doughty, Hamhuis, Keith, Pietrangelo, Subban, Vlasic, Weber on defence"

I will never understand the facination Canada hockey has with Bouwmeester.... Hamhuis , just a complete surprise....Seabrook should have been in...

Jeff Carter, Chris Kunitz----WOW!!!!! No Giroux, Thorton or St.Louis......

What Crosby wants, Crosby gets!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I guess Babcock won out in terms of Hamhuis and Seabrook - he got the left shot he wanted.

So 4 B's at the Olympics. Who else is sending 4 or more? I know the Canucks have 6.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Tavares-Getzlaf-Perry
    Couture-Toews-Sharp

Carter

Keith-Weber
    Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
    Subban-Doughty

Vlasic Hamhuis

Harding Smith
    Price
    Luongo

He didn't play his way onto this team... Other's played better and didn't make it... Sends a bad message in a way... Jeff Carter , just didn't see him at all....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Patrice Bergeron in at the 2010 Olympics  (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)

Happy for Bergy!

PS. Too bad he'll have Silver or Bronze around his neck this time around.

Holy cats - 10 Hawks are going (could've been 12 with Seabrook and Saad)

In response to red75's comment:

St. Louis Blues have ten players going to Olympics. Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo, Oshie, Sobotka, Tarasenko, Shattenkirk, Backes, Berglund, Steen and Halak.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Crawford could've been there also,definetly a stacked team.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

So 4 B's at the Olympics. Who else is sending 4 or more? I know the Canucks have 6.

I know Detroit has 6 going to Sweden alone, Datsyuk to Russia, Howard to US, and Tatar + Jurco to Slovakia.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Canadian team looks good,if i have any objections it would be to Marleau & Hamhuis, i thought there were better options. I guess Hamhuis was favored due to the too many right shots theory and Marleau? I likely would have taken Giroux or even Jumbo Joe. Big ice surface likely corned Joe and Kunitz better give Sid a big,fat,juicy kiss before he hits the sack tonight.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BritishColumbiaBruin. Show BritishColumbiaBruin's posts

I guess Babcock won out in terms of Hamhuis and Seabrook - he got the left shot he wanted.

Isnt it 5?  Chara, Rask, Krejci, Eriksson and Bergeron

Right - I forgot about Eriksson

Happy for Bergy!

Slowly building up HOF credentials ......

PS... You are wrong Sir... :)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

St. Louis Blues have ten players going to Olympics. Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo, Oshie, Sobotka, Tarasenko, Shattenkirk, Backes, Berglund, Steen and Halak.

I love it. The more the better. What about the Kings, Sharks - send more.

These teams won't make it past the Conference Finals.

OK all you Bruins, go on vacation and rest. Don't even bother to watch the Olympics. Get nice and refreshed for the run at Stanley.

marc savard ‏@MSavvy91 " Maybe I'm showing a little favour towards Luch but he deserved this Nash great player but not lately #GoCanada

marc savard ‏@MSavvy91
    If you say Nash is faster make them race? Lucic Stanley Cup and Stanley Cup runner up!!!! Sorry but what have you done for me lately Ricky

marc savard ‏@MSavvy91
    Congrats to all who made Team Canada Rick Nash great guy but correct me if I'm wrong I'd take Lucic all day over him !!!!!!!!"

Oh man!

marc savard ‏@MSavvy91 " Maybe I'm showing a little favour towards Luch but he deserved this Nash great player but not lately #GoCanada

marc savard ‏@MSavvy91
    If you say Nash is faster make them race? Lucic Stanley Cup and Stanley Cup runner up!!!! Sorry but what have you done for me lately Ricky

marc savard ‏@MSavvy91
    Congrats to all who made Team Canada Rick Nash great guy but correct me if I'm wrong I'd take Lucic all day over him !!!!!!!!"

Oh man!

Gotta love Savvy! Says whats on his mind.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

I love it. The more the better. What about the Kings, Sharks - send more.

These teams won't make it past the Conference Finals.

OK all you Bruins, go on vacation and rest. Don't even bother to watch the Olympics. Get nice and refreshed for the run at Stanley.

Correct.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

marc savard ‏@MSavvy91

marc savard ‏@MSavvy91

Oh man!

Sounds like Savard auditioning for the U.S.A g.m job!

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

The Canadian team looks good,if i have any objections it would be to Marleau & Hamhuis, i thought there were better options. I guess Hamhuis was favored due to the too many right shots theory and Marleau? I likely would have taken Giroux or even Jumbo Joe. Big ice surface likely corned Joe and Kunitz better give Sid a big,fat,juicy kiss before he hits the sack tonight.

The core of this team is there with all the locks in place... The players that can be argued over selection is marginal.. We are not talking about players who will be key to Canada winning or not winning the Gold... Hamhius is the 8th defence man .... Carter is 13th forward .... 

Question will be if strategy of bringing back 11 returnees from 2010 will succeed and capture gold....AND if Stamkos will play... IMO that he won't get cleared by the doctors to play...no way this broken leg recovers and he has enough strength to play in short amount of recovery time...well see... Don't count out Giroux or St.Louis just yet....

The core of this team is there with all the locks in place... The players that can be argued over selection is marginal.. We are not talking about players who will be key to Canada winning or not winning the Gold... Hamhius is the 8th defence man .... Carter is 13th forward .... 

Question will be if strategy of bringing back 11 returnees from 2010 will succeed and capture gold....AND if Stamkos will play... IMO that he won't get cleared by the doctors to play...no way this broken leg recovers and he has enough strength to play in short amount of recovery time...well see... Don't count out Giroux or St.Louis just yet....

I agree here, and the players i mentioned are not integral to this team, as you mentioned Hamhuis will not be a starter and Marleau will be a bottom 6, he is not that bad just thought Giroux was the better pick. I will say one thing though, not one of Team Canada's goalies impress me that much and all are prone to gaffs at the worst times and biggest moments but thats about all they had to choose from.None of them are or have been as steady as Brodeur has been when the stakes are highest,it is what it is and i hope one of them is hot going into the 2 week tournament.

I agree here, and the players i mentioned are not integral to this team, as you mentioned Hamhuis will not be a starter and Marleau will be a bottom 6, he is not that bad just thought Giroux was the better pick. I will say one thing though, not one of Team Canada's goalies impress me that much and all are prone to gaffs at the worst times and biggest moments but thats about all they had to choose from.None of them are or have been as steady as Brodeur has been when the stakes are highest,it is what it is and i hope one of them is hot going into the 2 week tournament.

50.... Remember these guys don't play behind a Defense like this every game....I think Price has been pretty solid this season and a big part of why the Scabs have over reached this season.. He will be the main guy Canada rides.... Brodeur was special , at the prime of his career he was the best ever that I witnessed.....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

"Bouwmeester, Doughty, Hamhuis, Keith, Pietrangelo, Subban, Vlasic, Weber on defence"

I will never understand the facination Canada hockey has with Bouwmeester.... Hamhuis , just a complete surprise....Seabrook should have been in...

Jeff Carter, Chris Kunitz----WOW!!!!! No Giroux, Thorton or St.Louis......

What Crosby wants, Crosby gets!

Isn't that the truth! Fawking disgusting, I lost a lot of respect for Yzerman for allowing this stiff & plug Hamius. Compared to players left off the team that's what these 2 are! 

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Happy for Bergy!

Funny..... but wrong! Laughing

• You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

That Giroux isn't on it was a huge surprise. The guy has been one the the top 3 players in the league the last 6 weeks. A really slow start, but he has brought Philly back from the dead. 

Great pick in Dechene. I am so impressed with this guy. Speed, hands, grit, drives the net, a complete player in my books.

• Sections
    Shortcuts