Olympic roster projected lineups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Olympic roster projected lineups

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to cowboys9's comment:

"Bouwmeester, Doughty, Hamhuis, Keith, Pietrangelo, Subban, Vlasic, Weber on defence"

I will never understand the facination Canada hockey has with Bouwmeester.... Hamhuis , just a complete surprise....Seabrook should have been in...

Jeff Carter, Chris Kunitz----WOW!!!!! No Giroux, Thorton or St.Louis......

What Crosby wants, Crosby gets!

Isn't that the truth! Fawking disgusting, I lost a lot of respect for Yzerman for allowing this stiff & plug Hamius. Compared to players left off the team that's what these 2 are! 

Don't overlook the input Babcock had in these selections ...Yzerman is class act and made most of the tough calls to Giroux, St.Louis, Thorton, Couture.... Those wouldn't have been easy....plus Yzerman had our own PC , Armstrong, Lowe, Holland helping him out... I think Stevie Y wanted St,Louis in, but got over ruled by Babcock.....not his type of player....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

PC has said his Sens sending 11 or 12? players in 2006 hurt their playoff success of that year, hopefully 5 is just right and Chi Stl et al with all their players going have shortlived playoffs.

GOAT!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

"Bouwmeester, Doughty, Hamhuis, Keith, Pietrangelo, Subban, Vlasic, Weber on defence"

I will never understand the facination Canada hockey has with Bouwmeester.... Hamhuis , just a complete surprise....Seabrook should have been in...

Jeff Carter, Chris Kunitz----WOW!!!!! No Giroux, Thorton or St.Louis......

What Crosby wants, Crosby gets!

Isn't that the truth! Fawking disgusting, I lost a lot of respect for Yzerman for allowing this stiff & plug Hamius. Compared to players left off the team that's what these 2 are! 

Don't overlook the input Babcock had in these selections ...Yzerman is class act and made most of the tough calls to Giroux, St.Louis, Thorton, Couture.... Those wouldn't have been easy....plus Yzerman had our own PC , Armstrong, Lowe, Holland helping him out... I think Stevie Y wanted St,Louis in, but got over ruled by Babcock.....not his type of player....

I think crosby was pretty silent until the golden goal.  Kunitz gives him instant comfort and stampkos the best goal scorer he has ever played with.   I dont have an issue with really any of the pics that much.  I wouldnt take carter or marleau but they wanted speed and guys who have played multiple positions well.    The team is built for speed.  Its a very skilled, big, fast team that can score.  Im more ticked at seabrook not making it.  Hes in my eyes better then 3 of the dmen and plays great with keith.  

Goalies were kinda set bc crawfords injury.   

its a very solid team with lots of options.  Absolute canons on the pp. the best defensive fwd in hockey in bergie.  

Overall, very happy with the team.  I wanted logan and lucic and would take them over marleau carter.  But i get why they did.   St Louis Giroux i also like a lot. But how do you leave Nash off.  He was our best fwd in 2010 and plays great with getz perry.  Huge line with size skill.  

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[/QUOTE]

I think crosby was pretty silent until the golden goal.  Kunitz gives him instant comfort and stampkos the best goal scorer he has ever played with.   I dont have an issue with really any of the pics that much.  I wouldnt take carter or marleau but they wanted speed and guys who have played multiple positions well.    The team is built for speed.  Its a very skilled, big, fast team that can score.  Im more ticked at seabrook not making it.  Hes in my eyes better then 3 of the dmen and plays great with keith.  

its a very solid team with lots of options.  Absolute canons on the pp. the best defensive fwd in hockey in bergie.  

Overall, very happy with the team.  I wanted logan and lucic and would take them over marleau carter.  But i get why they did.   St Louis Giroux i also like a lot. But how do you leave Nash off.  He was our best fwd in 2010 and plays great with getz perry.  Huge line with size skill.  

[/QUOTE]

Shupe that was 4 years ago and you and I know he is not the same player...I have seen a lot of Ranger games lately and don't see the big guy taking the puck end to end and dazzling like he used to and dominate....I think he got a free pass based on rep... If I was a guy who worked my bag off this season to make it and had the numbers to back it up... I am pi$$ed... I would have taken Looch... Better stats and he has been dominant all year..

Shupe that was 4 years ago and you and I know he is not the same player...I have seen a lot of Ranger games lately and don't see the big guy taking the puck end to end and dazzling like he used to and dominate....I think he got a free pass based on rep... If I was a guy who worked my bag off this season to make it and had the numbers to back it up... I am pi$$ed... I would have taken Looch... Better stats and he has been dominant all year..

• No argument from me.  Im not a big Nash fan.   I dont think his play deserved an invite to the orientation camp.  If he got one Iggy sure as heck deserved one.   In fact iggy playing better and also played well at the 2010s.   Nash has always been there for Canada.  I think that holds some merit as well.  

You can bet that Nash is with Getz and Perry.  My dream shut down line at the moment would be Toews Bergie(Center) Sharp.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Nash

9-9-18pts -2, 27 games, this year.

He averages between 30 and 35 goals a year. Pretty good.

My problem with him is that  he hasn't had a great year in 4. But if he is the best Left wing available, I guess we got him. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Stamkos has still got a ways to go before he can take that title legitimately Shupe. I still give the nod to Lemieux until someone else on Crosby's team can top 85 goals in a season.

•  

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Stamkos has still got a ways to go before he can take that title legitimately Shupe. I still give the nod to Lemieux until someone else on Crosby's team can top 85 goals in a season.

I had to reread that.  Haha.  Yes, mario likely the best pure goal scorer ever.  I forget mario and sid played together sometimes.  

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I had to reread that.  Haha.  Yes, mario likely the best pure goal scorer ever.  I forget mario and sid played together sometimes.  

Just giving you the business anyways. They only played together for a short time so it's easy to forget. Go Canada!!!!!!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I still think Nash is a heck of a player. Out of all the teams he was traded to, the Rangers was the worst fit. He was actually better off in Columbus and would have produced more if he were in Calgary, especially when Torts was the coach. Far from washed up. I would have taken Lucic and Couture over Carter and Marleau as well.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If Crosby was silent it would be the 1st time! He's always got something to say! He's the "Golden Child!" Kunitz on this team is joke! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If Crosby was silent it would be the 1st time! He's always got something to say! He's the "Golden Child!" Kunitz on this team is joke! 

Put Kunitz on another team and he doesn't make Team Canada. Lucic with Crosby would make it also.  Not taking away anthing off of Krejci.

St Louis with Corsy wouldn't work better ?

I'm upset Seabrook didn't make it. Without him maybe Chicago doesn't win the cup, he also scored 2 very very key OT goals in the playoffs last year.

Team Canada has so many centers to choose from but would have liked Giroux.  Bergeron is not having his best year, even on faceoffs has not been as dominant, at least in some important games.  I think having Julien and Chiarelli as GM there , add his reputation he made Team Canada. He's been outplayed by other centers thus far.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Put Kunitz on another team and he doesn't make Team Canada. Lucic with Crosby would make it also.  Not taking away anthing off of Krejci.

I'm upset Seabrook didn't make it. Without him maybe Chicago doesn't win the cup, he also scored 2 very very key OT goals in the playoffs last year.

Team Canada has so many centers to choose from but would have liked Giroux.  Bergeron is not having his best year, even on faceoffs has not been as dominant, at least in some important games.  I think having Julien and Chiarelli as GM there , add his reputation he made Team Canada. He's been outplayed by other centers thus far.

Bergeron is there because the Russians, States and Sweden are stacked with offensive talent and someone has to run the 1st PK unit. Him and Toews will run the 2 PK units and they'll switch off the lines depending on which dot they're squaring off on. He may not be having his best season offensively, but he's still in the Selke running and that's why he's there. And on the dot he still has the best percentage of any Canadian - of the players in the league who have taken at least 100 draws (and he has taken nearly 1,000) he's fourth in percentage at 61.7 behind Konopka, Sobotka and Vitale. The next best member of Team Canada in percentage is Benn at 57.9

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Bergeron is there because the Russians, States and Sweden are stacked with offensive talent and someone has to run the 1st PK unit. Him and Toews will run the 2 PK units and they'll switch off the lines depending on which dot they're squaring off on. He may not be having his best season offensively, but he's still in the Selke running and that's why he's there. And on the dot he still has the best percentage of any Canadian - of the players in the league who have taken at least 100 draws (and he has taken nearly 1,000) he's fourth in percentage at 61.7 behind Konopka, Sobotka and Vitale. The next best member of Team Canada in percentage is Benn at 57.9

He's not on the team for his offence.

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I'm pretty sure that was the whole point of my post.

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I'm pretty sure that was the whole point of my post.

I know, i don't think you needed to add  the point about Bergy's offensive production, most people know why he was named to the team. 

Well from the tone of his post I don't think Legion does - he's still the tops on the dot, and he's still one of the top three defensive forwards in the league. There aren't any centres outperforming him this year, at least not defensively or on faceoffs.

Well from the tone of his post I don't think Legion does - he's still the tops on the dot, and he's still one of the top three defensive forwards in the league. There aren't any centres outperforming him this year, at least not defensively or on faceoffs.

I'm more in line with your thoughts on Bergy than Legions, Bergy should be on the team and with Toews will form a pretty good PK unit together or on different units. And who knows, depending on how much ice time he gets he could get on a roll offensively.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Quick looked good last night and has looked good!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Something to lighten the mood here lately......

http://bit.ly/1iY8zGJ

Not too impressed with the 3 Canadian goalies coming down the stretch to the Olympics, Larry,Moe & Curly (Luongo,Price & Smith) have all looked really shaky lately,especially Price,Smith has been subpar all year and Leaky Lu, well he's like a box of chocolates,you never know what your gonna get.I realize they will be playing behind better defences than they are right now but after watching some of the goals they have been letting in i can't say any of them are brimming with confidence. I guess Leaky has looked the best of a sorry lot, or should i say Larry.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What about Crawford  ?

LoL

Why not Ochocinco? He's looked as steady as most and Marty, well the ice might be too bad for Marty.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What about Crawford  ?

LoL

Heh, that should be the title of a new thread.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What about Crawford  ?

LoL

Heh, that should be the title of a new thread.

Or a movie starring Bill Murray.

• Sections
    Shortcuts