Olympic roster projected lineups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Olympic roster projected lineups

He wouldn't have to coach LoL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Stamkos out for the Olympics... Shouldn't be a surprise... I think the doctors finally made him see the light....the schedule to come back from a broken leg was too tight

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Hope they pick St.Louis as replacement....he is deserving....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

I wonder if he'll even go, he looked pretty upset when discussing being left off originally.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

St. Louis would not turn down a chance to wear the Maple Leaf at the Olympics because his feelings were hurt. He'll go if asked - but he's not the only option. Thoenton, Seguin, Giroux, and even Hall, Benn, Lucic and Marchand would all be in the mix as well. The first 4 of those players have more points this year than St. Louis

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

They didn't take him 4 yrs ago, they're not going to take him now. Do I think they should? Yes, but I think it's Hall that's going to go!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I hope st louis or lucic.  big hurt missing one of the best players in the world.   Stampkos is a big favorite of mine.   Wishing him a quick return.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

They didn't take him 4 yrs ago, they're not going to take him now. Do I think they should? Yes, but I think it's Hall that's going to go!

You could be right.  I kinda forgot him.  Im going with two proven playoff and cup champs in lucic and st louis.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Maybe Giroux, Fat would be great, still like the thought of a Getzlaf,Perry,Fat line.Would be one tough line to stop.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Maybe Giroux, Fat would be great, still like the thought of a Getzlaf,Perry,Fat line.Would be one tough line to stop.

I think getz perry nash will be a lock.  Giroux with kunitz n sid would be nice as well.  As would kunitz sid lucic.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I think getz perry nash will be a lock.  Giroux with kunitz n sid would be nice as well.  As would kunitz sid lucic.  

Wow, those are 2 great lines, Fat with Crosby and Kunitz is a real good combo as well.Fat into the corner,retrieves the puck,over to Sid who circles behind the net,out to Kunitz, one timer,in the net.Like it! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think it will be Giroux that is the replacement. Nash and Duchene are going to so much fun to watch on that big ice.

Loungo LoL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I would prefer Giroux goes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I think it will be Giroux that is the replacement. Nash and Duchene are going to so much fun to watch on that big ice.

Loungo LoL

Price.   Loungo gets nod bc of 2010 and will be replaced by Price.   I think both will be bored.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Loungo LoL

Price.   Loungo gets nod bc of 2010 and will be replaced by Price.   I think both will be bored.  

I hope you're right Shupe. Both guys scare me with their hot and cold stretches. Our D better be tight.  Can't wait for the fun to start.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Loungo LoL

Building card houses in their creases ?

Don't get me started on Bobby Lou's contract, Shup!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to red75's comment:

St. Louis would not turn down a chance to wear the Maple Leaf at the Olympics because his feelings were hurt. He'll go if asked - but he's not the only option. Thoenton, Seguin, Giroux, and even Hall, Benn, Lucic and Marchand would all be in the mix as well. The first 4 of those players have more points this year than St. Louis

I agree Red.. Marty is a professional..no way he would turn down the invite... Plus we don't know what discussions might have come into play between Yzerman and him when he got the call To let him know he wasn't picked...

Benn is already on the team :)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Oops;)

I've been in the odd position of defending Lou as of late. Due to his rough patch lately I've had a few friends bringing up how he's a choker and how they would have won the Cup if he played better so he should not be on Team Canada. It's interesting if you look at that series the Canucks offense was so weak against the B's defense, Lou could have had even a sub 1.00 GAA and they would have still lost. If the Canucks were to score the same 8 goals, Lou could have had 3 shutouts in their 3 wins, and given up only 7 goals in the other 4 games and the Canucks would have still lost. Think about that even if he had completely stood on his head, and held the Bruins to 7 goals the whole series, they could've still lost because their offense didn't put up enough.

But yeah, it was Lou's fault.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Finland's Koivu, Filppula out of Olympics

Finland will be without top forwards Mikko Koivu of the Minnesota Wild and Valtteri Filppula of the Tampa Bay Lightning for the 2014 Sochi Olympics.

Koivu announced Friday that he was ending his attempts to play in the Olympics. He has been out since sustaining a broken ankle during a game Jan. 4.

"I'm not going to the Olympics games this year," Koivu said in a statement released on the Wild's official Twitter feed. "I just don't feel healthy enough to feel that I can play at the level that I want."

Capitals' Johansson named to Sweden's Olympic team

Washington Capitals left wing Marcus Johansson will represent Sweden at the 2014 Sochi Olympics, it was announced Friday.

Johansson takes the place of Vancouver Canucks center Henrik Sedin, who announced Thursday he will not participate in Sochi because of a lingering rib injury.

Johansson, 23, will be making his first Olympic appearance and will join Capitals teammate Nicklas Backstrom on the Swedish team."

Things got a little tougher for the Swedes and Finns.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to red75's comment:

Oops;)

I've been in the odd position of defending Lou as of late. Due to his rough patch lately I've had a few friends bringing up how he's a choker and how they would have won the Cup if he played better so he should not be on Team Canada. It's interesting if you look at that series the Canucks offense was so weak against the B's defense, Lou could have had even a sub 1.00 GAA and they would have still lost. If the Canucks were to score the same 8 goals, Lou could have had 3 shutouts in their 3 wins, and given up only 7 goals in the other 4 games and the Canucks would have still lost. Think about that even if he had completely stood on his head, and held the Bruins to 7 goals the whole series, they could've still lost because their offense didn't put up enough.

But yeah, it was Lou's fault.

Never could understand the criticism of Luongo as the main culprit in the Canucks loss to the Bruins.

How many teams win 7 game series with those goal totals ?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Never could understand the criticism of Luongo as the main culprit in the Canucks loss to the Bruins.

Because it's convenient/easy..7 game series in the SCF, kind of hard to let one person shoulder the blame.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[/QUOTE]

He wasn't. The refs, Gregory Campbells Dad, Bettman in Jacobs pocket were the main culprits, remember?Leaky Lou was just a minor detail, in the games in Boston anyway.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He wasn't. The refs, Gregory Campbells Dad, Bettman in Jacobs pocket were the main culprits, remember?Leaky Lou was just a minor detail, in the games in Boston anyway.

and don't forget NBC

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

and don't forget NBC

Right, the big tv contract thing, how could that have slipped my mind!?Duh!! 

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

As seen at practice today by the media today...

"The natural duos of teammates at forward were maintained, with captain Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry of the Anaheim Ducks and Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp of the Chicago Blackhawks all playing together, with several players shuffling in and out of the remaining slot on those lines. John Tavares of the New York Islanders was the fourth center with several players taking turns playing on either side of him, including Boston Bruins shut-down center Patrice Bergeron, Dallas Stars captain Jamie Benn and New York Rangers forward Rick Nash. The shuffling was significant enough that even Tavares came away confused."

So where do Toews, Sharp and Tavares go then ?

"No longer was it a philosophical process of believing Phil Kessel and James van Riemsdyk would work well together as the wings on a line because of their familiarity as teammates with the Toronto Maple Leafs. Now they were on the ice with the San Jose Sharks' Joe Pavelski as their center, showing the coach what they could accomplish.

The trio of Dustin Brown of the Los Angeles Kings, Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks and Ryan Kesler of the Vancouver Canucks found lightning in a bottle four years ago when they were thrown together late in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Would that magic remain four years later?"

The aforementioned van Riemsdyk-Kessel-Pavelski trio not only has the Toronto Maple Leafs connection, but Pavelski is familiar with both players from his circle of hockey friends. David Backes and T.J. Oshie, both of the St. Louis Blues, are on a line together with Zach Parise of the Minnesota Wild. All three are from Minnesota."

Then there was the reunification of the Kane-Kesler-Brown line, a unit featuring two ferocious forecheckers and hitters complemented by Kane, one of the game's pure scorers. That line played together for the final two games of the 2010 tournament."

Brown-Kesler-Kane

Parise-Backes-Oshie

JVR-Pavelski-Kessel

Callahan–Stastny–Pacioretty

• Sections
    Shortcuts