Olympic roster projected lineups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Olympic roster projected lineups

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE]Never mind - I forgot Steen was committed to Sweden for International play. Damn, Sweden's going to have a fantastic team this year. [/QUOTE]

Predicting Sweden to win it. Hope i'm wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE]Never mind - I forgot Steen was committed to Sweden for International play. Damn, Sweden's going to have a fantastic team this year. [/QUOTE]

Predicting Sweden to win it. Hope i'm wrong.

[/QUOTE]

I'm making the same prediction.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE] Never mind - I forgot Steen was committed to Sweden for International play. Damn, Sweden's going to have a fantastic team this year. [/QUOTE]

Predicting Sweden to win it. Hope i'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm making the same prediction. [/QUOTE]

Loui Eriksson-HenrikSedin-Daniel Sedin
    Henrik Zetterberg-Nicklas Backstrom-Patric Hornqvist
    Gabriel Landeskog-Patrik Berglund-Johan Franzen
    Alexander Steen-Marcus Johansson-Jakob Silverberg
    Mika Zibanejad

Erik Karlsson-Niklas Kronwall
    Oliver Ekman-Tobias Enstrom
    Alexander Edler-Viktor Hedman
    Larson-Jonathan Ericsson or Nicklas Hjalmarsson

Henrik Lundqvist
    Anders Lindback
    Viktor Fasth

Could be Soderberg as the extra forward if LouI can't go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You missed Steen San - I figure he'll slot in alongside the Sedins.

Edit: Nevermind, just notuiced you had him on the 4th - the 4th?

Sedin - Sedin - Steen

Landeskog - Zetterberg - Eriksson

Franzen - Backstrom - Hornquist

Hagelin - Berglubnd - Alfie

OEL - Karlsson

Kronwall - Enstrom

Hedman - Edler

Hjalmarrsson or Oduya

Lundqvist

Lehner

Fasth

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Olympics are in Febuary - who says he'll still be on IR by then?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE]

Sedin - Sedin - Steen

Landeskog - Zetterberg - Eriksson [/QUOTE]

I know, I know but only because they way that line played at the 2013 Worlds - dominated. That's what's fun about the projection, everyone is going to want too tweak it there way. Coaches have to be drooling!

I don't see Eriksson missing the Olympics no matter how loud the bells are ringing or how many cowebs there are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Czech's projected lineup looks pretty good too.

Milan Michalek – Patrik Elias – Jakub Voracek

Tomas Fleischmann – David Krejci – Radim Vrbata

Jiri Tlusty – Tomas Plekanec – Jaromir Jagr

Martin Erat – Martin Hanzal – Juri Hudler

Spares: Martin Havlat, Vaclav Prospal

Marek Zidlicky – Rostislav Klesla

Roman Hamrlik – Zbynek Michalek

Roman (banned word) – Filip Kuba

Goaltenders: Ondrej Pavelec, Tomas Vokoun, Michal Neuvirth

Jagr is definately the weakest link in that lineup.  Why they would have a 43 year old guy on the team is beyond me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Jagr can do something about his stick, I think he might be Ok.

Goaltending for the Czech's ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

If Jagr can do something about his stick, I think he might be Ok.

Goaltending for the Czech's ?

[/QUOTE]

Vokoun, if he's cleared to play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"...I made so many switches because I think I'm leaving someone out." "SanDogBrewin'

You are. Milan Lucic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Stamkos-Crosby-Giroux
    Tavares-Getzlaf-Perry
    Couture-Toews-Sharp
    Benn-Bergeron-Richards

Duchene or Staal (maybe both if StamPkos can't go)

Keith-Weber
    Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
    Subban-Doughty

Vlasic

Harding
    Price
    Luongo

I can't pick Canada's team it's too dam hard! I made so many switches because I think I'm leaving someone out.

[/QUOTE]

Canada's defense looks "suspect".

And it would be great story but how many people would have said Harding had a chance to make Team Canada before the season started ?

Somehow, I'm thinking a few months of really good work isn't enough to get him on the team. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Olympics are in Febuary - who says he'll still be on IR by then?

[/QUOTE]

Dumb question ......................simple answer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

And it would be great story but how many people would have said Harding had a chance to make Team Canada before the season started ?

Somehow, I'm thinking a few months of really good work isn't enough to get him on the team. 

[/QUOTE]

But if he's one of the hottest goalie's on the planet at the moment. How can you not give that some consideration? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But if he's one of the hottest goalie's on the planet at the moment. How can you not give that some consideration? 

[/QUOTE]

Especially when its a 2 week,winner take all tourney.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE]
    Keith-Weber
    Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
    Subban-Doughty

Vlasic

Harding
    Price
    Luongo[/QUOTE]

Somehow, I'm thinking a few months of really good work isn't enough to get him on the team. [/QUOTE]

I think I chose two goalies who have shown a great body of work and a hot one. I can't ignore the fact that anothet player, played his way on the team. My other choices Crawford, Ward, MAF, Mason and Elliott are not playing well enough.

Of course you won't put your team up because it would be subjected to questions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I happened to be watching a half hour special on CBC before the Winter Classic " The Making of Team Canada"  a great behind the scenes look with Canada's top brass discussing potential players for this team.  One interesting observation was Chiarelli throwing Seguin's name up for discussion..who knew?  I thought that was great to see... It's business and you can't let emotions and your beliefs cloud your judgement....PC =class act.

Other takeaways in trying to read into  these guys , which was difficult, and not set in stone..just my take...

- Jamie Benn has earned a spot on the team I am almost 100% sure.

- Lucic , as much as we want to see him on the team- only PC stood up for him, Holland, Armstrong and Lowe not so much....I think it was between him and Benn.

- Getzlaff and Perry locks- no surprise- "their like Fred and Ginger"-- Kevin Lowe

-  Stall and Nash had to play their a$$es off to have a chance -  Nash might be a wild card here.  Yzerman likes him, but tough to read ..

-  Price will be Canada's goalie-- I think that was obvious-- Smith will be there as well from the sounds of it...

- lots of discussion on Stamkos-- big question was " how in game shape is he going to be ? And do we think him at 50% -60% is better than our 13th forward at 100%?  I thought I heard one guy say Yes :)

Overall, good in behind the scenes look at the inner workings on building the team.. As Yzerman stated " there are going to be a lot of great players who deserve to be on this team but unfortunately they won't be "  Team is going to be focused on young group, speed guys, and also add some veteran influence?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

No Ryan or Yandle On US Team... Guess  Yandle can be had now that his value has dropped :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No Ryan or Yandle On US Team... Guess  Yandle can be had now that his value has dropped :)

[/QUOTE]

I don't get Stepan and Wheeler over Ryan

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE]
    Keith-Weber
    Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
    Subban-Doughty

Vlasic

Harding
    Price
    Luongo

Somehow, I'm thinking a few months of really good work isn't enough to get him on the team. [/QUOTE]

I think I chose two goalies who have shown a great body of work and a hot one. I can't ignore the fact that anothet player, played his way on the team. My other choices Crawford, Ward, MAF, Mason and Elliott are not playing well enough.

Of course you won't put your team up because it would be subjected to questions.

[/QUOTE]

BINGO.  Hes the new Pauly.  Hes chasing the regulars and blasting their posts.  he offers no opinions.  Just blasts others.  He does speak for all greater toronto area and sources a poll on a paper though.    NAS nailed it with his crapsniper remark.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sedin - Sedin - Steen

Landeskog - Zetterberg - Eriksson

Franzen - Backstrom - Hornquist

Hagelin - Berglubnd - Alfie

OEL - Karlsson

Kronwall - Enstrom

Hedman - Edler

Hjalmarrsson or Oduya

Lundqvist

Lehner

Fasth

[/QUOTE]

Red, can Steen play for Canada?  He has dual.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I thought Ryan and Yandle were locks.  Very surprised.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The evaluation team, which is led by general manager David Poile and his assistants Stan Bowman, Ray Shero, Dean Lombardi, Brian Burke and Dale Tallon, made it clear early in the process that a player's previous track record and where he would fit on the roster would have a large impact on the decisions.

Ryan, Okposo and Pominville are not considered to have elite skating ability, which clearly looks like a component the management team valued when picking the wings and could be a factor on the larger international ice surface. Those three are also do not kill penalties for their NHL clubs. The Americans will take five left-handed shots and three righties among the defensemen, and Poile had previously suggested there might not be as much emphasis on left-right balance as some pundits suggested."

Wheeler over Ryan is obviously a choice I have a problem with. If they wanted skaters for the whole team then Yandle would have been my choice over Martin.

"Martin is currently injured, but any player can be replaced on the roster if he is unable to play before the start of the tournament."

I hate Shero even more now!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    Red, can Steen play for Canada?  He has dual.  

[/QUOTE]

No, he's already played for Sweden internationally and according to IIHF rules he's now committed to that team.

Sections
Shortcuts