Olympic roster projected lineups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Olympic roster projected lineups

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Ryan didnt make it becuase they question his skating what does that mean for Lucic?

[/QUOTE]

Nothing.  Different selection teams.  If the Canadians want to throw him out there to put the fear into the opposition, they will.  I think he took a good run at it, but there are too many safer choices.  Go home and spend some time with your daughter, Fat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE] The article did little to help understand the "lock" status for Martin and Orpik or how Faulk made it other than being RH. [/QUOTE]

Shero and Bylsma...something stinks in suburbia!

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/01/03/team-usa-says-sorry-to-ottawa-senators-bobby-ryan

Poile's dance is priceless!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE] The article did little to help understand the "lock" status for Martin and Orpik or how Faulk made it other than being RH. [/QUOTE]

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/01/03/team-usa-says-sorry-to-ottawa-senators-bobby-ryan

[/QUOTE]

Why the Team USA management signed up for this is beyond me.  What good did they think would come out of it?  Even guys that made it were critiqued pretty hard. 

Would expect that Poile will be reaching out to the Yandle and Byfuglien camps soon for the next round of apologies. 

Embarrassing situation for Team USA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

San , I actually admire  Poile for having the balls to take this right between the eyes.. The guy who should be front and centre on this apology is how Ryan describes him "gutless"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Very good article from Puck Daddy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/luckily-usa-hockey-not-elite-scoring-helps-win-151656149--nhl.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/luckily-usa-hockey-not-elite-scoring-helps-win-151656149--nhl.html

[/QUOTE]

Good stuff, fletch.

"Why not just climb a mountain and ask an oracle for the roster, then? Might help to see if Apollo thinks you should run one or two defensemen on the second power play unit. Holy hell."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You totally swung and missed if you think Ryan did anything wrong and needs to apologize. I go to a lot of Duck games, the last thing Ryan is - is gutless. Poile let it get to this point by letting Burke control the Pebble Beach meetings.

US Hockey has a history of holding grudges and they once again have egg on their face.

PS. I would love to hear all about how gutless Ryan is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not only do I have Maxi Pad, Kessel and Wheeler, now this crap comes up.

Just because I'm American, do I have to root for them?  Because I'd rather not.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

You totally swung and missed if you think Ryan did anything wrong and needs to apologize. I go to a lot of Duck games, the last thing Ryan is - is gutless. Poile let it get to this point by letting Burke control the Pebble Beach meetings.

US Hockey has a history of holding grudges and they once again have egg on their face.

PS. I would love to hear all about how gutless Ryan is.

[/QUOTE]

Where is this coming from?  I am assuming your replying to my post.  Where do I say Ryan should apologize?  I think I pretty much made it clear I was referring to Brian Burke who should have stood up to take the bullet instead of Poile....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great read.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Bobby Ryan, somehow snubbed for reasons that themselves defy description despite the fact that there are few goalscorers more prolific than him in the entire world. For instance, since 2008-09, and prior to last night's games, Ryan had scored 160 goals, putting him 11th in the entire league during that time. The only right wings ahead of him on that list are Alex Ovechkin (who spent most of that time as a left wing), Corey Perry (a former league MVP who played ahead of Ryan in Anaheim and cannibalized his ice time), Phil Kessel, and Jarome Iginla. Obviously Kessel is the only other American on the list of 11, which also includes names like Sidney Crosby, Rick Nash, Ilya Kovalchuk, Jeff Carter, Patrick Marleau and Steven Stamkos."

Yah there right who needs goal scoring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It seems like Burke designed this team with his "truculence" and "hard to play against" mantras running through his head. Explain again to me how that works in International hockey? The last two Olympic gold medalists on International ice have been the Czechs and Swedes, not exactly known for their "truculence." And it's not like that style has been helping Canada and the States at the Worlds as of late either. I feel for you guys- I'm starting to get a pretty bad feeling about this US team. Just hoping that Team Canada doesn't make similar boneheaded moves (Though I kind of doubt they'll leave their third leading goal scorer this season at home as well - it's some guy named Crosby)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"You can never have enough defense. Defense wins championships. Except in Canada's case last time around when their defense was only okay (they allowed 16 goals in seven games, 2.29 per) but they outscored opponents by 19 because they scored a tournament-high 35 goals (5.0 per)."

Obviously Waddell (still laughing that he has input) and Poile didn't research, cause of all their Stanley Cups, how recent short tournaments can be won.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Milan Lucic makes Damian Cox's Canadian Olympic Team.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/sochi2014/hockey/2014/01/03/sochi_2014_damien_coxs_picks_for_canadas_mens_hockey_team.html

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

sorry about the non-link...but trust me, he did pick Lucic

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"...Lucic won’t be bothered by the big ice as some suggest and can physically dominate like no other power forward in the game some nights..." - Damian Cox

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

I just saw on the HNIC 'bubble' list the name of Johnny Boychuk for Canada. Or did I have too many pops today?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stamkos-Crosby-Giroux
    Tavares-Getzlaf-Perry
    Couture-Toews-Sharp
    Benn-Bergeron-Richards

Duchene or Staal (maybe both if StamPkos can't go)

Keith-Weber
    Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
    Subban-Doughty

Vlasic

Harding
    Price
    Luongo

I can't pick Canada's team it's too dam hard! I made so many switches because I think I'm leaving someone out.

[/QUOTE]

Canada's defense looks "suspect".

And it would be great story but how many people would have said Harding had a chance to make Team Canada before the season started ?

Somehow, I'm thinking a few months of really good work isn't enough to get him on the team. 

[/QUOTE]

Not to mention -- just recently out of commission to have his medication regimen readjusted.

[/QUOTE]

The first three lines I had projected the same.

I had Staal- Bergeron-StLouis on the 4th with Benn as the 13th.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment: 

[/QUOTE]

Just wondering as far as team management, who decided to let the media get any info on this at all ? Not thinking this would happen with certain media types involved is being naive.

Team management were doing what they're supposed to be doing...........discussing how they feel about the pros and cons of players.

I'm sure Ryan wasn't the only player they had negative comments about. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just because I'm American, do I have to root for them?  Because I'd rather not.  

[/QUOTE]

You can always head north for a couple of weeks and cheer for the "good guys". We're accepting Americans who are "closet Canadian fans".

P.S. You only have to cheer for them for 2 weeks. Some Canadian fans (Montreal, Toronto and Jets fans) ? The whole season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Crowls2424's comment: 

[/QUOTE]

Just wondering as far as team management, who decided to let the media get any info on this at all ? Not thinking this would happen with certain media types involved is being naive.

Team management were doing what they're supposed to be doing...........discussing how they feel about the pros and cons of players.

I'm sure Ryan wasn't the only player they had negative comments about. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering - is this some kind of plan to get Ryan motivated and they will add him to the team later?

I don't know, just wondering.  

What I do know is that I don't like my men's Olympic hockey team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

You can always head north for a couple of weeks and cheer for the "good guys". We're accepting Americans who are "closet Canadian fans".

P.S. You only have to cheer for them for 2 weeks. Some Canadian fans (Montreal, Toronto and Jets fans) ? The whole season.

[/QUOTE]

Cheering for Canada doesn't feel quite right, even tho I do have relatives in Hamilton.

What would feel right would be maybe Sweden, maybe I owe it to Soderberg.  I said some harsh things about him once.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'm wondering - is this some kind of plan to get Ryan motivated and they will add him to the team later?

I don't know, just wondering.  

What I do know is that I don't like my men's Olympic hockey team.

[/QUOTE]

That's a thought .................but aren't there other ways to motivate a player then let something like this happen ?

Throw him a bone ..........tell him personally he's on the bubble.........if he pick up his play he has a chance.

Humiliating him in public is not the way to go. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Cheering for Canada doesn't feel quite right, even tho I do have relatives in Hamilton.

What would feel right would be maybe Sweden, maybe I owe it to Soderberg.  I said some harsh things about him once.

[/QUOTE]

You have relatives in Hamilton ? I have a dicktator that I deal with on a daily basis from there.

Could it be ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QU

Or Norway and Lars Volden if they are both there. 

Sections
Shortcuts