Olympic roster projected lineups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Olympic roster projected lineups

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

What about Crawford  ?

LoL

Heh, that should be the title of a new thread.

Or a movie starring Bill Murray.

Was hurt.  Still has outstanding numbers.  If he had been playing i think he and Rinne make their teams.  

PS. Nash is on fire of late.  Dont like him but his game is on again.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

What about Crawford  ?

LoL

Was hurt.  Still has outstanding numbers.  If he had been playing i think he and Rinne make their teams.  

Shup, I think Nash has a big Olympics and I said this before his hot streak. To me, still one of the best and as he gets more comfortable with Vigneaults system, his production will continue to climb.

As for Crawford. Should have been named instead of Smith. If theyre down to the 3rd goalie, why not have someone who has the recent big time experience? I like Smith, but Crawford makes too much sense there. I would have went with Crawford or Brodeur for that reason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

What about Crawford  ?

LoL

Shup, I think Nash has a big Olympics and I said this before his hot streak. To me, still one of the best and as he gets more comfortable with Vigneaults system, his production will continue to climb.

As for Crawford. Should have been named instead of Smith. If theyre down to the 3rd goalie, why not have someone who has the recent big time experience? I like Smith, but Crawford makes too much sense there. I would have went with Crawford or Brodeur for that reason.

Well at least you are honest.  as you know price is one of my favorites.  If you look at the numbers Smith has no business being there.  Crawford has a stanley cup as of last year.  Proved he could out perform the best in the business( Quick- defending champs, Rask- wins 2 outta 3 in Boston, down 3-1 vs Detroit and wins).   If crawford isnt hurt hes on the team.  Smith has done the Worlds and likely gets a nod for this.  

I want Price to start but unfortunately i believe they will start Lou, who will lose his job to Price.    

I think it should be price then crawford.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Crawford is over-rated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Crawford is over-rated.

For sure he is, ok in a 48 game season, injury prone in an 82 game season, Hawks will not repeat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Crawford is over-rated.

LARGELY! Good thing he plays for a good team with a great system to help with his numbers. Funny how that arguement suits some, but not all. Anyway, I think Smith is highly overratted too, but once he went to the Worlds & performed decently that helped him get his full body in the door. I wish they would've taken Harding. Just for the fact of his play this season. You take who's hot as your 3rd goalie. Hardings been hot...sick & injured yes, but still hot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Crawford is over-rated.

LARGELY! Good thing he plays for a good team with a great system to help with his numbers. Funny how that arguement suits some, but not all. Anyway, I think Smith is highly overratted too, but once he went to the Worlds & performed decently that helped him get his full body in the door. I wish they would've taken Harding. Just for the fact of his play this season. You take who's hot as your 3rd goalie. Hardings been hot...sick & injured yes, but still hot.

Plays for the best team in the league this year, and probably has the best D-corps in front of him.  

Still not in the top 15 in GAA.  

Maybe save % is a better stat?  

No, not even in the top 30.  

Please put him on the Olympic team Canada...

Trent Dilfer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Crawford is over-rated.

For sure he is, ok in a 48 game season, injury prone in an 82 game season, Hawks will not repeat.

Regardless of the fact that Crawford is an overrated goalie, he's still good enough to help Chicago win 2 or 3 more Cups. They have an incredible team & I wouldn't be surprised 1 bit if they won 2 more in a row. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Crawford is over-rated.

Regardless of the fact that Crawford is an overrated goalie, he's still good enough to help Chicago win 2 or 3 more Cups. They have an incredible team & I wouldn't be surprised 1 bit if they won 2 more in a row

I think you'll be surprised then when they don't.Tongue Out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Regardless of the fact that Crawford is an overrated goalie, he's still good enough to help Chicago win 2 or 3 more Cups. They have an incredible team & I wouldn't be surprised 1 bit if they won 2 more in a row

[/QUOTE]

I think you'll be surprised then when they don't.Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

Heh,heh! Up urs...But you are right. I will be surprised if they don't win at least another within the next 2 or 3 seasons.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Crawford is over-rated.

Hmmm.  I think rask plays on the best defensive team in hockey.  Has never played a full season, was TT seat warmer.  people on here were questioning his play of late?  Hes let some extremely soft goals.  Is he tiring out?   

I put a lot of stock on where a goalie plays.  I dont think Rask or Crawford would have good stats in edmonton.   I think both rask and crawford are fortunate to play in great system.   Look at what CJ has done in Boston.  We better lock him up long term.  

Crawford out played everyone last year.  Has a cup.  not many of the olympic goalies have that on their resume.  Crawford would have easily led the league in wins if he wasnt hurt.  And for those questioning his durability look around the league.  Not many goalies last lomg without some kinda injury.  This has been the weirdest year in a long time.  

Yes, i bit on the worm you tools put in the water.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

Hmmm.  I think rask plays on the best defensive team in hockey.  Has never played a full season, was TT seat warmer.  people on here were questioning his play of late?  Hes let some extremely soft goals.  Is he tiring out?   

[QUOTE]

No evidence to support that, even with all of the injuries.

Rask this year:

GAA - 6th in the league

Save % - 3rd in the league

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No evidence to support that, even with all of the injuries.

Rask this year:

GAA - 6th in the league

Save % - 3rd in the league

Yeah those things win cups.  Look nice in contract talks though.  

What about the last month?  PS.  Shouldnt he be 1st.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If your argument about goaltenders is as simple as Cup or no Cup, than there is no discussion to be had.  Crawford wins.

If it's anything more than that...you better start paddling...

What happened last month?  I mean, besides the Bruins losing half of their defensive corps?  

And why isolate smaller and smaller sample sizes....?  The season seems like a practical metric, no?

31st in Save % is not good, especially for the best team in the league.  

Good thing our guy is 3rd, slump be damned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If your argument about goaltenders is as simple as Cup or no Cup, than there is no discussion to be had.  Crawford wins.

If it's anything more than that...you better start paddling...

What happened last month?  I mean, besides the Bruins losing half of their defensive corps?  

And why isolate smaller and smaller sample sizes....?  The season seems like a practical metric, no?

31st in Save % is not good, especially for the best team in the league.  

Good thing our guy is 3rd, slump be damned.

So ypu are saying that when rask doesnt have an air tight defense he has flaws?  I confuse easily so please clarify.  Isnt that why we paid the large dollars.  Paddling where?   The game is about wins.  Come talk to me when Rask has more then Crawford.  

PS.  I think the debate ends with the Stanley Cup.  He out performed our guy when it mattered most.  Crawfords worst game in the league and he still beat Rask.  Since it is a small sample size my cherry on top would be a guy that helped his team win the cup.  Is there a better enchore?    You know what be a telling statement.  Ask Rask whos career he would rather have right now.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't know how a guy as big as shupe fits on that tiny, tiny dime.

Rask has more wins than Crawford.  23-19.  He's played 5 more games than Crawford and given up 7 fewer goals in that span.  Crawford's backup has a better w%, better GAA and the same s% as Crawford - Rask's backup has a slightly better w% but worse numbers in GAA and S%.

If you're waiting for him to pass Crawford in career wins, well...that will take another few years, but it'll pick up speed when Crawford is dealt to Edmonton and they turn the reins over to Raanta, then when Edmonton buys him out and he goes to the DEL or something.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Funnily enough, I hear he has this in common with shupe's high school girlfriends.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I don't know how a guy as big as shupe fits on that tiny, tiny dime.

Rask has more wins than Crawford.  23-19.  He's played 5 more games than Crawford and given up 7 fewer goals in that span.  Crawford's backup has a better w%, better GAA and the same s% as Crawford - Rask's backup has a slightly better w% but worse numbers in GAA and S%.

If you're waiting for him to pass Crawford in career wins, well...that will take another few years, but it'll pick up speed when Crawford is dealt to Edmonton and they turn the reins over to Raanta, then when Edmonton buys him out and he goes to the DEL or something.

Career wins.  Which was part of the small sample size i meant.  Yes.  They let Niemi walk, sign Crawford to long extension and then deal him to Edmonton.  All those stat lines are great.  But neither have a cup ring.  Crawford does.  Geez you bash a point a game player for not winning.  Then trash a goalie with a cup ring who beat our 7 million dollar man 2 outta 3 in boston.  

I was waiting for you book.  Tks for not disappointing.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

So ypu are saying that when rask doesnt have an air tight defense he has flaws?  I confuse easily so please clarify.  Isnt that why we paid the large dollars.  Paddling where?   The game is about wins.  Come talk to me when Rask has more then Crawford.  

PS.  I think the debate ends with the Stanley Cup.  He out performed our guy when it mattered most.  Crawfords worst game in the league and he still beat Rask.  Since it is a small sample size my cherry on top would be a guy that helped his team win the cup.  Is there a better enchore?    You know what be a telling statement.  Ask Rask whos career he would rather have right now.   

[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. Did Crawford ever hold off the highest offensive team in league to 2 goals in 4 games? So are you telling me you'd take Crawford over Lundqvist in a game 7 Stanley Cup Final in OT, because he's won a cup!? Com'on Shupe! You can't base your argument on this. You can't pick Crawford because of his cup win. If that's your final arguement then that means that Crawford starts over your other buddy- Carey Price! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

PS.  I think the debate ends with the Stanley Cup.    

[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. Did Crawford ever hold off the highest offensive team in league to 2 goals in 4 games? So are you telling me you'd take Crawford over Lundqvist in a game 7 Stanley Cup Final in OT, because he's won a cup!? Com'on Shupe! You can't base your argument on this. You can't pick Crawford because of his cup win. If that's your final arguement then that means that Crawford starts over your other buddy- Carey Price! 

[/QUOTE]

Amazing isn't it ?

With this type of thinking, Chicago Black Hawks cup winner Antti Niemmi should be a lock to be Finland's starting goalie.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Career wins.  Which was part of the small sample size i meant.  Yes.  They let Niemi walk, sign Crawford to long extension and then deal him to Edmonton.  All those stat lines are great.  But neither have a cup ring.  Crawford does.  Geez you bash a point a game player for not winning.  Then trash a goalie with a cup ring who beat our 7 million dollar man 2 outta 3 in boston.  

I was waiting for you book.  Tks for not disappointing.  

Would I let you down?

I'm only partly serious about them dealing Crawford, but I could see it. A GAA close to 2.50 is an open door.  If Raanta gives him a good hard shove, the Cap might bite a $6M goalie whose numbers put him middle of the pack among starting goalies.  In other words, yes, he has a ring, but if he's doesn't look like he's going to help the other 19 guys on that team collect another one, then what has he done for them lately?  Kane, Toews, Saad, Kruger, Oduya, Leddy and Roszival are all up for new deals after next year.  Chicago is behind only the Laffs in terms of Cap spending.

So far, Rask is doing exactly what his history said he would.  His career s% is .927.  This year?  .930.  Career GAA is 2.13.  This year? 2.08.  I said that's the difference between him and Crawford.  Yeah, Crawford won a Cup against Rask.  Good for him.  But that's in the past.  When I look at the two and which of them is the more consistent, the more reliable to play at that same level of excellence all the time - with the fewest bad games, though there will be tough stretches - Rask easily inspires more confidence.  And if you weren't so stuck on the dime over Crawford, your own arguments should make you agree.  You didn't like Rask's deal because you don't like the way goalie performance fluctuates - great one year, average the next, good, horrific, great.  Rask - 2.05-ish and .930-ish every time he's been the starter.  Not 2.72, 1.94, 2.47; .903, .926, .910.  Rask doesn't fluctuate.  And in another year or two of this, I wonder how easy it will be to keep saying well, Crawford did win a Cup.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

PS.  I think the debate ends with the Stanley Cup.    

Amazing isn't it ?

With this type of thinking, Chicago Black Hawks cup winner Antti Niemmi should be a lock to be Finland's starting goalie.

• Yep & I'd take Niemmi 6x over Crawford! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't know.  I'm kind of anti-Niemi.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This season began with inconsistent play from Quick before a groin injury sidelined him for nearly two months. He returned earlier this month and still has a 1.85 GAA and .925 save percentage for January despite his rough night against the Penguins.

Bylsma has impressive candidates to consider for the job. Ryan Miller was the MVP of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. He was 5-1 with a 1.35 goals-against average and .946 save percentage in six games to help the Americans to a silver medal.

After a couple of seasons not up to the standard he's set, Miller has been outstanding for the Buffalo Sabres in 2013-14. He's posted a .927 save percentage despite playing on one of the worst teams in the League and routinely facing large quantities of shots and quality scoring chances."

US goaltending shaping up.

"Sweden Olympic hockey coach Par Marts said Thursday that Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen will not play for the team at the 2014 Sochi Olympics."

Sweden takes a hit.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

This season began with inconsistent play from Quick before a groin injury sidelined him for nearly two months. He returned earlier this month and still has a 1.85 GAA and .925 save percentage for January despite his rough night against the Penguins.

Bylsma has impressive candidates to consider for the job. Ryan Miller was the MVP of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. He was 5-1 with a 1.35 goals-against average and .946 save percentage in six games to help the Americans to a silver medal.

After a couple of seasons not up to the standard he's set, Miller has been outstanding for the Buffalo Sabres in 2013-14. He's posted a .927 save percentage despite playing on one of the worst teams in the League and routinely facing large quantities of shots and quality scoring chances."

US goaltending shaping up.

"Sweden Olympic hockey coach Par Marts said Thursday that Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen will not play for the team at the 2014 Sochi Olympics."

Sweden takes a hit.

Is he Wal Marts brother?

• Sections
    Shortcuts