Olympic Shootout System

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Olympic Shootout System

Does anyone besides me think it's totally strange to have a system where one guy gets to shoot the puck 6 times in a shootout situation? Wasn't it a dffferent system when Hasek stoned the Canadians and Gretsky? I guess I'm elated that Oshie is playing for the US cause he seemed super cool under pressure and with alot of guys shooting 25-30% 4 out of 6 is outstanding.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 99MD. Show 99MD's posts

Re: Olympic Shootout System

Why not, decising games via shoot out is in itself strang so, why not.  The same player is in goal for all attempts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anyone besides me think it's totally strange to have a system where one guy gets to shoot the puck 6 times in a shootout situation? Wasn't it a dffferent system when Hasek stoned the Canadians and Gretsky? I guess I'm elated that Oshie is playing for the US cause he seemed super cool under pressure and with alot of guys shooting 25-30% 4 out of 6 is outstanding.

[/QUOTE]

Gretzky never participated in the shootout.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sux like most of the IIHF .  did you see that glow stick holding up the post ? 

Shootouts are just DUMB ! How can skating in slow motion , zig zagging your way to the net be considered hockey.

Imagine the goal medal game decided with a shootout ??? Really hope that does not happen. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

That's when they decided to have Ray Bourque take the shot instead of Gretzky.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shootouts are just DUMB ! How can skating in slow motion , zig zagging your way to the net be considered hockey.

Imagine the goal medal game decided with a shootout ??? Really hope that does not happen. 

[/QUOTE]

IF Thomas was the goalie he would have skated out and knocked him on his butt,I thought the shootout was a joke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IF Thomas was the goalie he would have skated out and knocked him on his butt,I thought the shootout was a joke.

[/QUOTE]

Good point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Awful. Awful. Awful.

Shootouts in the Olympics are pure BS, necessitated, no doubt, by the need to keep games within TV time limits.

Dumbs down the game big time.

If we need a gimmick to resolve ties, why not have OT periods that go from four on four to three on three to two on two?

I know -- it'll become like regular hockey practice.  That's what shootouts are now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

... oh and PS:

I don't think the Americans won that game at all.  Oshie won something, but not the US team.  Tie, as far as I'm concerned.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My bad. Hasek stopped Theo Fleury, Ray Bourque, Joe Nieuwendyk, Eric Lindros and Brandan Shanahan. Gretzky, who was playing with the Rangers at the time, was on the 98 team at Nagano but didn't shoot in the shootout. He retired in 99

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hasek stopped Theo Fleury, Ray Bourque, Joe Nieuwendyk, Eric Lindros and Brandan Shanahan. Gretzky, who was playing with the Rangers at the time, was on the 98 team at Nagano but didn't shoot in the shootout. He retired in 99. Back then 5 different shooters from each team shot and though I may be wrong I have the feeling that if the score was still tied they continued with additional rounds and different shooters.

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts