TBD 7 a.m.
    TBD noon
    FEB. 22: BRONZE MEDAL GAME  
    TBD 10 a.m.
    FEB 23: GOLD MEDAL GAME  
    TBD 7 a.m.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Olympic tournament schedule

Gold medal game at 4 am out here on the left coast - eek.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In response to red75's comment:

All-nighter pre-game party?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Will you guys actually stay up late or get up early to watch USA vs. Russia?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I don't think it'll be Russia, but the USA wins gold over the Swedes. Canada will be lucky to capture a medal with the goaltending they have to choose from. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Stop with the goaltending stuff.  We won with Loungo so we can win with anyone.  Our team is better then the crew that tore apart the russians and dominated your USA team Miller.  If we could have 3 teams we would win all the medals.   You can't dress 5 goalies.   Crawford just won the cup, I'd be more then happy with him in goal with the blueline we will have.  Oh, the best goal scorer on the planet will be on our roster this time around as well. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's the gold medal game - I'd watch it if it was Slovenia vs. Norway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:

All-nighter pre-game party?

We might have to set one up 49. Though I'm guessing there will be plenty going on, though this town's Draconian liquor laws will put the damper on some ideas.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Stop with the goaltending stuff.  We won with Loungo so we can win with anyone.  Our team is better then the crew that tore apart the russians and dominated your USA team Miller.  If we could have 3 teams we would win all the medals.   You can't dress 5 goalies.   Crawford just won the cup, I'd be more then happy with him in goal with the blueline we will have.  Oh, the best goal scorer on the planet will be on our roster this time around as well. 

Dominated? Or won by 1 goal in OT?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Now, now, Davey.  What have I told you about ruining a good story with facts?

Canadians will tell you that, despite the score, USA was dominated all game.

And Shupe will tell you that Hockey Canada would win the World Series and the Superbowl...on the same night...if they were allowed to play!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Now, now, Davey.  What have I told you about ruining a good story with facts?

Canadians will tell you that, despite the score, USA was dominated all game.

And Shupe will tell you that Hockey Canada would win the World Series and the Superbowl...on the same night...if they were allowed to play!

Silly me! What ever was I thinking?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The gold medal game is played on Feb. 15 before the full schedule of games is completed ?

Silly Yankee !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The golden goal was scored by Canada.  1 goal or 20 goals?  Does it matter?  Canada will be better with StamPkos and others. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Oh Canada   You are the best team ever.  Thank you for supplying the americans with hockey players for their enjoyment.  Canada is simply awesome!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

The golden goal was scored by Canada.  1 goal or 20 goals?  Does it matter?  Canada will be better with StamPkos and others. 

Yep, by a goal that Quick won't be allowing! And a game that should not have went to OT to begin with, but choko Lu made sure that happened. I think if Miller played the same game he did in the Qualifying rd against Canada the outcome would've been different. 

I don't get you SHupe. You bit ched & whined about Rask & his contract, but you're OK with Crawford & Lu in a single elimination tournament. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh Canada   You are the best team ever.  Thank you for supplying the americans with hockey players for their enjoyment.  Canada is simply awesome!

You're the best.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

haha, well done.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

So do you think Tim Thomas just shows up to the first practice and pulls a Willy Mays Hays right out of his cot in the parking lot?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

When was the last time Canada won gold overseas? They're tough on north American soil, but don't bet the house on them overseas.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Yep, by a goal that Quick won't be allowing! And a game that should not have went to OT to begin with, but choko Lu made sure that happened. I think if Miller played the same game he did in the Qualifying rd against Canada the outcome would've been different. 

I don't get you SHupe. You bit ched & whined about Rask & his contract, but you're OK with Crawford & Lu in a single elimination tournament. 

Crawford just stood on his head and won the cup.  Quicks play will have to be better then Miller.  Good luck with that. 

Fact- Our defense is better and more experienced
    Fact- Our offense is better with Giroux and Stampkos.

Our goal tending is good enough to win.  Crawfords record by the way makes Rask look like Steve Mason.   He's fresh off a stanley cup championship that he out played rask. 

Loungo did enough to win.  The season will produce a surprise or two.  Jake Allen for example is a kid that may start for St. Louis.  Price as well could be a starter if not Crawford.  

Canada will be fine.   You worry about how you are gonna score goals, create chances and hold our offense down.  I will worry about the 20 shots Price or Crawford will have to save. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Crawford just stood on his head and won the cup.  Quicks play will have to be better then Miller.  Good luck with that. 

Our goal tending is good enough to win.  Crawfords record by the way makes Rask look like Steve Mason.   He's fresh off a stanley cup championship that he out played rask. 

Loungo did enough to win.  The season will produce a surprise or two.  Jake Allen for example is a kid that may start for St. Louis.  Price as well could be a starter if not Crawford.  

Canada will be fine.   You worry about how you are gonna score goals, create chances and hold our offense down.  I will worry about the 20 shots Price or Crawford will have to save. 

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

Crawford has 17 more career wins while having played 12 more games. Other than that Rask has him beat in every other category. Save pct, G.A.A, and has 16 shutouts to Crawfords 8. Each has 21 career playoff wins.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Crawford is 40 games over 500.  Rask is 65-46 or something like that.   He has a cup, continues to improve.  Crawford has also been a starter for three yrs in a row.  4th year coming up.  I can only hope Rask can do this.   Close.  But no cigar.  

Crawford will be the next 7m dollar goalie.  Which is just stupid. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Crawford is 40 games over 500.  Rask is 65-46 or something like that.   He has a cup, continues to improve.  Crawford has also been a starter for three yrs in a row.  4th year coming up.  I can only hope Rask can do this.   Close.  But no cigar.  

Crawford will be the next 7m dollar goalie.  Which is just stupid. 

You dont think Rask improved this year? I think Rask is better than Crawford and I dont see Crawford getting 7 million. His back up went 17-1 last year and didnt strike it rich.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Nice "our"... I didn't know you were part of the canadien(never capitilize a 2nd rate nation's name) hockey team? Nice.  Here's some lifelong advice----Unless you play for the team you never say "our". You don't play for the team so stop saying our. It's pretty annoyng to hear you spout our our our our our

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

"God I love the Bruins."

Jeepers already making predictins for gold medal game ?

The Russians will want to redeem from their exit from last tourney.

USA are definetly medal contenders

The Canucks will always want to win the gold medal or nothing else

The Fins will be my pick for cinderella team

The country that seems to be progressing most consistently are the Switz and usually gives team Canada a tough time . . .

There you have my bold predictions for Russia USA or Canada will be the in the final game, and my two surprising teams are Switz and Finland getting a shot for bronze agst. one the three mention above.

Sections
Shortcuts