Olympic tournament schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Olympic tournament schedule

In response to rickrand3's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

The golden goal was scored by Canada.  1 goal or 20 goals?  Does it matter?  Canada will be better with StamPkos and others. 

Yep, by a goal that Quick won't be allowing! And a game that should not have went to OT to begin with, but choko Lu made sure that happened. I think if Miller played the same game he did in the Qualifying rd against Canada the outcome would've been different. 

I don't get you SHupe. You bit ched & whined about Rask & his contract, but you're OK with Crawford & Lu in a single elimination tournament. 

Crawford just stood on his head and won the cup.  Quicks play will have to be better then Miller.  Good luck with that. 

Fact- Our defense is better and more experienced
    Fact- Our offense is better with Giroux and Stampkos.

Our goal tending is good enough to win.  Crawfords record by the way makes Rask look like Steve Mason.   He's fresh off a stanley cup championship that he out played rask. 

Loungo did enough to win.  The season will produce a surprise or two.  Jake Allen for example is a kid that may start for St. Louis.  Price as well could be a starter if not Crawford.  

Canada will be fine.   You worry about how you are gonna score goals, create chances and hold our offense down.  I will worry about the 20 shots Price or Crawford will have to save. 

Nice "our"... I didn't know you were part of the canadien(never capitilize a 2nd rate nation's name) hockey team? Nice.  Here's some lifelong advice----Unless you play for the team you never say "our". You don't play for the team so stop saying our. It's pretty annoyng to hear you spout our our our our our

Here is some advice back.  I dont care what you think.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to rickrand3's comment:

Nice "our"... I didn't know you were part of the canadien(never capitilize a 2nd rate nation's name) hockey team? Nice.  Here's some lifelong advice----Unless you play for the team you never say "our". You don't play for the team so stop saying our. It's pretty annoyng to hear you spout our our our our our

I completely disagree.  Here's some lifelong advice:  Before you give lifelong advice, know your audience and know your subject. 

People using "we" and "our" in reference to their favorite team is very weak.  "We traded Tyler Seguin."  "Our defense is awesome with Chara and Seidenberg."  That's so annoying.

People using "we" and "our" in reference to their country's national team is 100% fine.  The team belongs to the people of the country.  I'm an American.  Patrick Kane is going to win the goal medal for my team.

Here's a little more advice:  Don't be a dick to a member of a group when none of the members of the group have any idea who you are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Crawford is 40 games over 500.  Rask is 65-46 or something like that.   He has a cup, continues to improve.  Crawford has also been a starter for three yrs in a row.  4th year coming up.  I can only hope Rask can do this.   Close.  But no cigar.  

Crawford will be the next 7m dollar goalie.  Which is just stupid. 

You dont think Rask improved this year? I think Rask is better than Crawford and I dont see Crawford getting 7 million. His back up went 17-1 last year and didnt strike it rich.

Kelv.  isnt that what rask just did?   Back up goalie numbers.  Why?  Bc he has been a backup in 2  of 4 seasons.  He is now the highest paid goalie in hockey.  I dont think im willing to say rask is that much better.  The reason being is that crawford w/l record is much better, he just won a cup and out played rask in the process.  Crawford is a darn good goalie.  And you can bet your bottom dollar that crawfords agent will compare what i just stated.  The fact crawford was a starter in 3 straight yrs compared to rasks backup numbers only helps.  

lets get back on track.  Canada has very solid goalies to choose from.  The americans have outstanding goalies.  Easily the best in the world.  Im not worried about "our" goalie situation at all bc "our" team is deeper and better then any country.  Our defense is just fantastic.  And no one comes close to our fwds.  Our coaching is also the best out there.  

Should canada lose.  I hope the yanks win.  

Kelv, quick question, my rcmp team is coming down the end of september to play bpd, halifax regional is also sending a team.  We are playing at td garden.  Any chance you are playing.  I guess a retired chief has 3 sons who played for BU and are now members of bpd.   Looking for a scouting report.  

PS.  Go Canada.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Interesting they kept Canada and the US away from each other in the preliminary round. Talent pool is so good for the US now.

LW
    Patrick Kane
    Zach Parise
    Max Pacioretty
    David Backes (A)

C
    Joe Pavelski
    James Van Riemsdyk
    Paul Statsny
    Ryan Kesler
    Derek Stepan

RW
    Dustin Brown
    Phil Kessel
    Bobby Ryan
    Ryan Callahan (C)

D

E. Johnson, J. Johnson, McDonagh, Yandle, Martin, Orpik, Byfuglien, Bogosian, Faulk, Suter, Fowler, Shattenkirk, Carlson, and Trouba.

G
    Quick, Miller, Howard, and Schnieder.

These would be my lines.

Parise(C)-Kesler-Kane
    Ryan-Stastny-Kessel
    Stephan-Backes-Callahan(A)
    JVR-Pavelski-Brown
    Oshie, Pacioretty

Suter(A)-Faulk
    McDonagh-Carlson
    Yandle-Bogosian
    Byfuglien
    Shattenkirk

Quick
    Howard

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who the fawk is this cherry talking to Shupe this way? Beat it yahoo!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Kelv.  isnt that what rask just did?   Back up goalie numbers.  Why?  Bc he has been a backup in 2  of 4 seasons.  He is now the highest paid goalie in hockey.  I dont think im willing to say rask is that much better.  The reason being is that crawford w/l record is much better, he just won a cup and out played rask in the process.  Crawford is a darn good goalie.  And you can bet your bottom dollar that crawfords agent will compare what i just stated.  The fact crawford was a starter in 3 straight yrs compared to rasks backup numbers only helps.  

lets get back on track.  Canada has very solid goalies to choose from.  The americans have outstanding goalies.  Easily the best in the world.  Im not worried about "our" goalie situation at all bc "our" team is deeper and better then any country.  Our defense is just fantastic.  And no one comes close to our fwds.  Our coaching is also the best out there.  

Should canada lose.  I hope the yanks win.  

Kelv, quick question, my rcmp team is coming down the end of september to play bpd, halifax regional is also sending a team.  We are playing at td garden.  Any chance you are playing.  I guess a retired chief has 3 sons who played for BU and are now members of bpd.   Looking for a scouting report.  

PS.  Go Canada.  

[/QUOTE]

I stopped playing earlier this year. 4 kids 3 in youth hockey coaching 2 of the teams. Anyways, I played BPD every wednesday for 5 years. Very good team if they all show up. Brendan Walsh is their best player, but he is also as big a nut as Tibbetts and from what I understand played in a 9/11 Tournament down in New York a couple of years and dropped the gloves a couple of times. Amonte played a couple of times for them in the Wednesday league as those games were in Hingham.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Interesting they kept Canada and the US away from each other in the preliminary round. Talent pool is so good for the US now.

LW
    Patrick Kane
    Zach Parise
    Max Pacioretty
    David Backes (A)

C
    Joe Pavelski
    James Van Riemsdyk
    Paul Statsny
    Ryan Kesler
    Derek Stepan

RW
    Dustin Brown
    Phil Kessel
    Bobby Ryan
    Ryan Callahan (C)

D

E. Johnson, J. Johnson, McDonagh, Yandle, Martin, Orpik, Byfuglien, Bogosian, Faulk, Suter, Fowler, Shattenkirk, Carlson, and Trouba.

G
    Quick, Miller, Howard, and Schnieder.

These would be my lines.

Parise(C)-Kesler-Kane
    Ryan-Stastny-Kessel
    Stephan-Backes-Callahan(A)
    JVR-Pavelski-Brown
    Oshie, Pacioretty

Suter(A)-Faulk
    McDonagh-Carlson
    Yandle-Bogosian
    Byfuglien
    Shattenkirk

Quick
    Howard

Amazing roster.  Best usa team since world cup team.   I think scoring goals will be only problem.

They have a great shot.  I think the russians and swedes are solid as well.  Im hoping for a usa vs canada final.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Van Riemsdyk played mostly on the wing last year. 

Another glaring thing.........how many of these players are first line centers for their teams ? Center doesn't seem to be a position of strength for the USA squad.

C

Joe Pavelski
    James Van Riemsdyk
    Paul Statsny
    Ryan Kesler
    Derek Stepan

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I think scoring goals will be only problem."

US outscored Canada in 2010 7-5 in the two games they played, added more fire-power for 2014 but might have problems scoring...

LoL classic Shup!

FORWARDS

Jonathan Toews - Sidney Crosby - Steven Stamkos

John Tavares - Claude Giroux - Martin St. Louis

Taylor Hall - Logan Couture - Eric Staal

Jamie Benn - Patrice Bergeron - Corey Perry

Patrick Marleau, Rick Nash

CHANGES: Jarome Iginla, Joe Thornton out; Taylor Hall, Logan Couture in.

DEFENSE

Drew Doughty - Shea Weber

Duncan Keith - Alex Pietrangelo

Francois Beauchemin - P.K. Subban

Dan Hamhuis - Brent Seabrook

CHANGES: Jay Bouwmeester, Marc Staal out; P.K. Subban, Dan Hamhuis, Francois Beauchemin in.

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo

Carey Price

Corey Crawford

CHANGES: Martin Brodeur out; Corey Crawford in.

Hank Moodys lineup not mine.

Canada, of course, is loaded but No Pronger and No Niedermeyer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The one thing with Canada, and yes, I know I'm a fan, but Carey Price is the x-factor for me. He plays well that really changes things. I think these upcoming Olympics he establishes himself as the de facto goalie for Canada. It's right there for him to take it and run with it and he is capable of it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Another glaring thing.........how many of these players are first line centers for their teams ? Center doesn't seem to be a position of strength for the USA squad.

C

Joe Pavelski Derek Stepan

I'm fine, offensively and defensively, with Pavelski or Stephan over Drury and Lagenbrunner.

You prefer the older centers ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

US outscored Canada in 2010 7-5 in the two games they played, added more fire-power for 2014 but might have problems scoring...

LoL classic Shup!

FORWARDS

Jonathan Toews - Sidney Crosby - Steven Stamkos

John Tavares - Claude Giroux - Martin St. Louis

Taylor Hall - Logan Couture - Eric Staal

Jamie Benn - Patrice Bergeron - Corey Perry

Patrick Marleau, Rick Nash

CHANGES: Jarome Iginla, Joe Thornton out; Taylor Hall, Logan Couture in.

DEFENSE

Drew Doughty - Shea Weber

Duncan Keith - Alex Pietrangelo

Francois Beauchemin - P.K. Subban

Dan Hamhuis - Brent Seabrook

CHANGES: Jay Bouwmeester, Marc Staal out; P.K. Subban, Dan Hamhuis, Francois Beauchemin in.

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo

Carey Price

Corey Crawford

CHANGES: Martin Brodeur out; Corey Crawford in.

What was the final score in the gold medal game?   I cant remember so please let me know.  Letang is one of the best skating dmen in the league.  Will be on the team. Francois and hamhuis will not be on the team.  

I think nash makes it as well.   Stampkos playing is a huge huge edge for canada.  I still cant believe he didnt make the last one.   canada has so many centers.  

Doughty was canadas best dman as a kid.   our defense on that ice i gotta think keith seabrook together.  Drew and shea.   Letang peitrangelo.  pk as 7th dman.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

The one thing with Canada, and yes, I know I'm a fan, but Carey Price is the x-factor for me. He plays well that really changes things. I think these upcoming Olympics he establishes himself as the de facto goalie for Canada. It's right there for him to take it and run with it and he is capable of it.

Goalies.  Good one year and stink the next.  I will go on record and say price will be our starter.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What was the final score in the gold medal game?   I cant remember so please let me know.  Letang is one of the best skating dmen in the league.  Will be on the team. Francois and hamhuis will not be on the team.  

Doughty was canadas best dman as a kid.   our defense on that ice i gotta think keith seabrook together.  Drew and shea.   Letang peitrangelo.  pk as 7th dman. [/QUOTE]

The final score was 3-2 in OT after Canada choked on a 2-0 3rd period lead. Again not a blow out as you have been trying contend. There sure was a blowout in the preliminary round though.

Letang was awesome when it counted against the Bs this spring, hope that brillant skating continues in Sochi.

Canada's defense suspect!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Goalies.  Good one year and stink the next.  I will go on record and say price will be our starter. [/QUOTE]

Nah bring on "glove side" Crawford

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

C

I'm fine, offensively and defensively, with Pavelski or Stephan over Drury and Lagenbrunner.

You prefer the older centers ?

Who I prefer has nothing to do with my comment. 

The question is..........does the USA have as much talent at center ( with this lineup ) as other top countries do ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

San, you've said some weird things on this forum.

This takes the cake.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

C

You prefer the older centers ? [/QUOTE]

Who I prefer has nothing to do with my comment. 

The question is..........does the USA have as much talent at center ( with this lineup ) as other top countries do ? [/QUOTE]

Me thinks that the US did great medaling in the Worlds this past spring, did great in 2010 with the centers they had (outscoring a more dominant Canada lineup) and have gotten better at the center position with "in with the new, young and out with the old".

I do agree the center position is not a strength for the US but only compared to Canada not the rest of the teams at the tournament.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This takes the cake. [/QUOTE]

But I can find mine and won't deny them unlike you...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Doughty was canadas best dman as a kid.   our defense on that ice i gotta think keith seabrook together.  Drew and shea.   Letang peitrangelo.  pk as 7th dman.

The final score was 3-2 in OT after Canada choked on a 2-0 3rd period lead. Again not a blow out as you have been trying contend. There sure was a blowout in the preliminary round though.

Letang was awesome when it counted against the Bs this spring, hope that brillant skating continues in Sochi.

Suspect?  Haha.  Keith seabrook.  are awesome.  Doughty weber.  Awesome.  Peitrangelo pk and letang all up and comers.   letang had rough series against boston but so did their entire team including crosby.   They arent playing the bruins.  Letang still had a great year and will anchor the pp.   He and pk were up and won norris.  Yup very suspect. Norris winners runner up and champions.  4 returning and are older more mature and have 5 stanley cup rings along with gold medals.  

3-2.  Usa scored late so really 2-1 gm.   Hence why i said scoring may be an issue. Choking is losing.  Something canada didnt do.  They won.  

i think the americans are very strong.  Really like mcdonaugh.  I dont think the fwd crew is very good though and a lot of the players are very similar.  

i hope they meet in the finals again.  Should be some great hockey.   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This takes the cake. [/QUOTE]

I say that Canada's defense isn't as good with Pronger and Niedermeyer, you disagree and call me weird. So you've gone back to your chick-like, spell-cheking ways I see.

So when you disagree with a poster call them "weird", got it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

This takes the cake.

I say that Canada's defense isn't as good with Pronger and Niedermeyer, you disagree and call me weird. So you've gone back to your chick-like, spell-cheking ways I see.

Are you cranky bc its hot.  

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Hee Hee. Hit a nerve .  ^^^^^
    No I wasn't calling you weird ..........just some of your past thoughts. ( Hey, Jared Boll is American and a top player for the CBJ's . Maybe he can be on the USA squad  ? )

Keith and Seabrooke......did you watch the finals ?

Pieterangelo.........one of the best young defenceman in the game.

Doughty and Weber.........suspect ?

P.K...............wins the Norris and won't be on the top pairing.

The "suspect Canada defense" is a weird comment. All are #1 defencemen on their teams ( Keith and Seabrooke being a top pairing ). The defense is hardly suspect IN TALENT.

You are fine with Pavelski and Stepan ( USA ) at center but think players of this talent are suspect.

Makes sense..........if you're waving your USA flag and hate Canada.

P.S. You forgot to use spell check for the word spell-cheking.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I know we're mainly Canadians and Americans here, but am I the only one who thinks the US and Canada could get smoked by Russia? Last time the games were on NA size ice, this time they'll be on international ice on Russia's home turf.

You can talk about Canada vs. US goaltending, but Russia will have the reigning Vezina winner, with the very impressive KHL goalie Barulin, backing him up with a veteran in Nabokov ready to step in if needed, but I doubt anyone besides Bob will need to play.

And for forwards they'll likely have the best line in the tourny with Malkin Kovalchuk and Ovie, and their depth at centre will come close to equalling Canada's with Datsyuk, Mozyakin and Ansimov down the middle. Their wingers are frighteningly good with Radulov, Varnakov, Tarasenko, Yakupov, Semin, Kulemin, Grigorenko and Burmistrov all vying for spots.

D is their weakest spot, but it's not poor with Markov, Gonchar, Tyutin, Volchenkov, Emelin and KHL stars like Mamashev, and Nikulin.

Are you really willing to bet against that team on home ice?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Keith and Seabrooke......did you watch the finals ?

The "suspect Canada defense" is a weird comment. All are #1 defencemen on their teams ( Keith and Seabrooke being a top pairing ). The defense is hardly suspect IN TALENT.

You are fine with Pavelski and Stepan ( USA ) at center but think players of this talent are suspect. [/QUOTE]

You follow Brent Seabrook much ?

I think the US will be better at center with new, younger talent than they had in 2010.

I don't think Canada will be as good on defense in 2014 as they were in 2010 at the Olympics.

You don't know the difference between "talent" and "suspect".

• Sections
    Shortcuts