OLYMPICS THOUGHTS THREAD, watch at 2:45p today as HOPE is renewed as the US takes gold from the JAPANESE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

OLYMPICS THOUGHTS THREAD, watch at 2:45p today as HOPE is renewed as the US takes gold from the JAPANESE!

sorry, since there are no olympic specific boards here, figure to just make a long thread one (hopefully).

first of, with bball, any doubts that these pups could have held a candle to the 1992 team just went out in permanent smoke with the lithuanian game. no way any of those leaders allow their team to take any of those guys lightly and not blowed out lithu by at least 30. heck, them boys never won by less than 32. margin of victory or point diferrential is one the best measures of team greatness. in tennis, shocked how easily murray blowed out federer. was thinking he would win in a close 5-setter. i mean murray was playin at home and had just lost to fed in the wiby finals.. tough to beat a hungry guy twice in a row on his home court.

2. have no beef with nbc's non-live all the time or taped-delay coverage. its called capitalism and common sense. the american audience maximizes viewership at primetime so u show it then. just hope they had a more accessible live web deal. the ratings have been the highest in history, thus they must be doing someting well (up big time from beijing games). baseball and golf should somehow be included as well. would like to see mlb shut down and send their best guys for a few weeks to compete.

3. london has really done a great job. too bad romney got it wrong per usual and unnecessarily took cheap shots at the prep work of the host country. love their retort "it isnt like we are managing an olympics in the middle of nowhere (salt lake)".

4. usain bolt is a beast. would love to see belichick take a flyer on him as a renaldo nehemiah type at the moss-type fly-route burner position and have brady hit him in stride versus revis.

5. michael phelps.. the greatest athlete or olympic "athlete" ever.. really? really? i respect the man, enjoy watching him but lets get candid for a sec. tell me steve nash or brady is an athlete and i've no beef for they actually play with the best of the entire universe or at least the nation (brady), u know, of all races and pigments, cultures and classes. phelps pretty much competes only against rich suburban white guys. put a few lebrons, randy mosses or adrian petersons in that POOL (pun intended) of competition and i doubt he's ever in any broad discussion... period! kind of like what happened to red grange, ty cobb, the really old boxers and sprinters, or george mikan and others before the whole sports integration thing. you cant be a great athlete unless your sport has a diversity of PIGMENT. not a racist thing, i give welker, brady and the steve nashes their prop. IF the nfl had little or no diversity, i wouldnt... period!

6. if the US hockey team had a hope solo, no way these freakin canadians ever win anything! hope would not be denied as she went solo when necessary. if we had a hope solo, bruins would be going for a three-peat right about now. instead our idiot goalie speaks and isolates. hope speaks and everyone rallies! poor japan.on thursday,  this may feel worse than nagasaki esp with the revenge factor coming into play. hope will be eternal! just get on her back gals and ride that thing out!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: OLYMPICS THOUGHTS THREAD

You needed more then Hope Solo to beat us "freakin canadians" today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: OLYMPICS THOUGHTS THREAD:
    [QUOTE]You needed more then Hope Solo to beat us "freakin canadians" today.
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]

agreed, the ref possibly needed a payoff. i know i sound like null, but that reffing was repulsive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

ztt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLYMPICS THOUGHTS THREAD : agreed, the ref possibly needed a payoff. i know i sound like null, but that reffing was repulsive.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    r u candaian or just addicted to canadian bacon? are you just ticked that hope is making you eat your words about her not winning the gold? bottom line is that the ref warned the canadian goalie at the start of the second half to not delay the game by stalling esp with holding the ball excessively. its not usually called but the RULE book says there is a 6 second maximum time. she repeatedly went beyond it so the norwegian ref decided to actually follow the rule book (THAT's a unique concept). on the free kick that followed, the canadian flagrantly extended out her arm for the penalty. bottom line, the US did what they jad to and were the better team. plus, who can blame the ref if she still wants to punish Canada for paul anka and celine deion?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

As much as I wanted the Americans to win, I can definitely see the Canadian side of it. I mean, I hate it when the goalie holds the ball forever, and I wish it WERE called more often, but if it happened to the US instead of Canada, I'd be really upset, since it never is.
    Regardless, the game was awesome to watch, and I thought it was even more enjoyable than the majority of the men's games. The skill, speed, and physicality were unbelieveable. There weren't a ton of dives, and the refs let good hard challenges go. And there was some genuine sportsmenship, like when the Canadians kicked the ball out so the US player could get help, and then the Americans as a "thanks" booted the ball down the field and gave up posession... then right back to asking no quarter on either side. Both teams showed a lot of class, heart, and talent.
    Christine Sinclair was awesome, and totally badass. Morgan had some dazzling passes, and Rapinoe just seemed unstopable down the field by either out maneuvering or out muscleing everyone in her path. Great stuff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

communist - 
    1. everyone in the world knows canada got hosed, and the US didn't deserve to win. this is coming from an american. 
    2. hope solo is ugly 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Phelps is swimming against the best swimmers in the world, so I don't really get the whole suburban white boy thing. I do see the point you're trying to make though. You can't call someone the best athlete in the olympics because there are different sports and events. Sure Phelps has 22 Gold Medals, but there are many more opportunities to win medals in swimming than other events. He's the most successful olympic athlete of all time, but that doesn't necessairily make him the best.

Yes, the USA hockey team could use someone like Hope Solo to play for them. She could sleep with the entire Canadaian team prior to the games to give the Americans an edge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

The Olympics? Here's what I have to say:

WHO GIVES A FACKING SHIAT???

WOMEN'S BADMINTON???? SERIOUSLY???? Is that even a sport? Get a facking life.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Phelps is swimming against the best swimmers in the world, so I don't really get the whole suburban white boy thing. I do see the point you're trying to make though. You can't call someone the best athlete in the olympics because there are different sports and events. Sure Phelps has 22 Gold Medals, but there are many more opportunities to win medals in swimming than other events. He's the most successful olympic athlete of all time, but that doesn't necessairily make him the best. Yes, the USA hockey team could use someone like Hope Solo to play for them. She could sleep with the entire Canadaian team prior to the games to give the Americans an edge.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]TIMES have progressively changed my caveman COMRADE. if i told ya a guy was sleeping with the entire dutch field hockey team, you would respectfully calll him your hero. as far as i can deduce, hope is clearly waiting for a  CONTRARIAN-type to propose or attach to her someday to stop her wild child days.. but as long she's unattached (unlike a kristen stewart), SHE should be free to get on her knees, lie on her back and bend over for whomever she wants and for as many as she wants.. she's a bonobo.. she has an insatiable itch. thats also what makes her a tough and focused goalie and alpha leader who will protect her brood from even older legend types who dare attack them... period! perhaps if timmy t scored more off the field, he wouldnt be such a boring, irritable, irritating louse!

Sections
Shortcuts