OMG Not Eriksson On Top Line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

OMG Not Eriksson On Top Line

I really hope they are not serious about even entertaining the idea of putting the fragile made of glass Eriksson on the top line next season. The guy can't stay healthy, has stone hands most of the time and can't keep his head up to save his life. This guy is not top line material at all. There has to be a better option than him via trade or something. Any thoughts....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: OMG Not Eriksson On Top Line

How many games did you watch Eriksson play in Dallas?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Where it stands right now, he is the best option for the first line rw position. The only other obvious candidate would be Smith but it may be asking too much for a second year guy who has yet to find overall consistency offensively.

It's Eriksson's spot to lose. Here's hoping he rediscovers his former scoring ways....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Eriksson is a top-6 forward.  Now that Iginla is gone, I would expect him to play with Krejci or Bergeron.  Seems pretty easy to figure this one out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blackcrowes. Show blackcrowes's posts

Loui played 1 game on the Krejci-Lucic line last year and scored 4 points. If my math is correct, based on that he will score approximately 320 points next season and be known as the greatest hockey player in the history of hockey. ZOMG!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

HA! Look out Gretzky records!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bergeron was made of glass in 2009 I guess. We need more of those types. Back to Eriksson, he is not a top line player but he is not a third stringer either.  His salary is team friendly.  PC had no choice in other words.  

The Cap is a problem with Boston as with other contending teams (Pittsburgh and Chicago....LA Kings will be in the future).  I also happen to think PC is conservative and did not actively seek to trade one of the top six forwards.  I am critical of his point of view, but the Bs are in contention for the Cup for three years now.  Why change when there is no real tangible need to do so.  

Up unitl the past year I thought the best time for a trade was near the draft.  Certainly in fall or early winter most teams are in contention and will not actively seek trades.   Given the Gaborik success, just maybe the trade deadline in March is the better time to trade.  PC just maybe thinking this as well.  His track record disproves this notion yet.....  

The exception the trade rule theory is minimum cap teams who need to fulfill there obligations, see Mezaros signing in Buffalo.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

I also happen to think PC is conservative and did not actively seek to trade one of the top six forwards.  I am critical of his point of view, but the Bs are in contention for the Cup for three years now.  Why change when there is no real tangible need to do so.  

[/QUOTE]

Why would you be critical of his point of view of trading one of the top 6.......... but then say there is no tangible for change ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Louie seems to play to the level of his line mates.  He was quite good in the Olympics.  I think he will be fine on the first line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How many games did you watch him play in Boston ? Doesn't matter what he did in Dallas, he plays for Boston now. Im not saying I loved Seguin but Tyler totally out performed Eriksson and everyone else involved in the trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I rarely agree with my no.1 enemy but this time I do ....once in a while he makes sense ...Loui would probably be better playing with better players , lets give him a chance....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many games did you watch him play in Boston ? Doesn't matter what he did in Dallas, he plays for Boston now. Im not saying I loved Seguin but Tyler totally out performed Eriksson and everyone else involved in the trade.

[/QUOTE]

Not in the playoffs, where Louie outplayed Tyler by a wide margin.  Everyone on Dallas in the playoffs was giving it their all and Tyler was playing stand offish and didn't contribute at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Eriksson's average season is actually measurably better than Iginla's season from last year.  Playing on the top line with an additional minute or two of ice time per game we should expect Loui to be slightly better than Iginla in terms of production and score 60+ points.  He's, in some ways, an upgrade.

Where we have to have concern is:

a) the impact on the third line.  During the Bruins late-season surge to the top of the standings, their big advantage was a combination of a first line scoring at at torrid pace and a third line that was the best in the league.  Without a player like Eriksson on his line, it's a lot to ask of Soderberg to expect him to score at 25+ goal pace without him.

b) on the powerplay.  The Bruins powerplay was much improved last year, and a big reason was Iginla's skill and his great one-timer on the left side.  The lack of a high-end right-handed shot is an issue.  There is no one on the team no one in the system that seems to fill that void.

But as far as Eriksson as a 1st-line RW, he's more than good enough to do that job.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Another factor, he had a huge adjustment to make in Boston.  On the Bergeron line it seemed to me his instincts took him to the same places Bergeron would go.  Plus the 2 concussions didn't help either.  I think he will work out much better on the first line than either the 2nd or 3rd.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I see your point of view given the success of the Bs the past three years. Yet PC is at a crossroads with age of players, potential new contracts, and the lost of a right winger to replace Ignla/Horton. He needs to improve his team while contending. I hope you defenders of PCs approach are correct. 

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to islamorada's comment:

I also happen to think PC is conservative and did not actively seek to trade one of the top six forwards.  I am critical of his point of view, but the Bs are in contention for the Cup for three years now.  Why change when there is no real tangible need to do so.  

[/QUOTE]

Why would you be critical of his point of view of trading one of the top 6.......... but then say there is no tangible for change ?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I actually really hope he gets to play on the 1st line to see and everyone to see once and for all what this guy can bring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Yes, made of glass. That explains how he only missed a total of 3 games in his final 5 seasons in Dallas.

He was unfortunate to be concussed. There's a difference between being injury prone or "made of glass" and being unlucky.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I watched all of his game sin boston. Including the one time he played on the first line. As another poster pointed out, he had 4 points. As you like taking small sample sizes and making judgments based on them, he will be the best player in the nhl on that line right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

[QUOTE]

I really hope they are not serious about even entertaining the idea of putting the fragile made of glass Eriksson on the top line next season. The guy can't stay healthy, has stone hands most of the time and can't keep his head up to save his life. This guy is not top line material at all. There has to be a better option than him via trade or something. Any thoughts....

[/QUOTE]

Thank God some1 saw the same thing as me last year.  The way every1 loves him on here I was thinking either I was either crazy or I was blind. Glad to have some1 on board but I hope the don't make you walk the plank with my last partner Marco.  Lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:[QUOTE]Bergeron was made of glass in 2009 I guess. We need more of those types. [/QUOTE]

Eriksson will be fine in his recovery. Bergeron did have setbacks as well, I remember when this board was screaming to trade him becuase of his offensive numbers in 2010.

"Doesn't matter what he did in Dallas, he plays for Boston now. Im not saying I loved Seguin but Tyler totally out performed Eriksson and everyone else involved in the trade."

Yes it does matter because LouI  didn't get the same TOI in Boston as he did in Dallas. If you are going to mention Beer Breath's numbers you need to mention his last last three playoff performances.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

He'll be fine on the first line. I personally cant wait to see that line in action.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

If Jarome can score 30 with Lucic and Krejci, Loui can score minimum 35.

Jarome was through in 2012-13. The Bruins and Krejci gave him a break. Jarome gave them a cap squeeze and took off to rob the Av's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Couldn't agree more. he wouldn't hurt that line but isn't the answser either. he did play great the few times he was moved up on that line. bottom line is Krejci needs speed on his wing! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You claim he has stone hands and whatever else.

All of this is unfounded.

Just wait until he has a season without two concussions, Marchand in a scoring slump and/or Black Hole Kelly on his line.

Everyone who is all for lynching Loui is going to have a big fat plate of crow to eat by Christmas.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. he wouldn't hurt that line but isn't the answser either. he did play great the few times he was moved up on that line. bottom line is Krejci needs speed on his wing! 

[/QUOTE]

Who is the answer?

What options to they have right now?

The best course of action would be, at the very least, to see how they play with that line for a dozen or so games.

Like i said, i think he'll be fine.
    Also, Krejci needs speed? Iginla isn't exactly the fastest guy around, nor is Lucic...