OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction)

I know you guys are going to hate me for making this prediction and odds are against me but I would put a $100 on it to get something like 75-1 odds ...here it is :  Today March 13th 2012 ...

The way things are going , the problems with the team (injuries, TT's hip problem, Rolston a regular player with the B's, Turco in net) the BRUINS will miss the playoffs this year .....I saw the game last night between Buffalo and the scabs and believe me the Sabres are playing desparately ...the B's should fall in 7th spot by the end of this week and than in a dramatic season's ending ...we will miss the playoffs by a point ......the last game of the season against the Sabres....never tought it was going to come down to this but we are in such a bad shape right now I dont how we are going to win more than 2 or 3 games before the end of the season when I look at the schedule .....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012..no comments)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction)

stanley, what ever happened to your "once a week post" idea. you should stick to that, or follow through on your sig and just say, "no comment". what's 75-1 is your line on correct predictions. forgive me for trying to stay positive, and supporting the team that at this point needs good mojo coming their way, and not bridge-jumpers in march. i've never put a person on ignore, but you're starting to give me pause in that decision. can't wait to read your posts after the bruins win 3 in a row. i'll bet 75-1 that your sig changes, yet again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction)

stanley, it takes "guts" to stick with your team, when the going gets tough. it's "gutless", and frankly easier to jump ship when things look bad. what exactly is at risk stanley? your credibility? too late. you lost lost that after flip-flopping on the 2012 cup predictions like 10 times. stop taking yourself so seriously. we certainly don't.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

every team plays desperately this time of year and there are quite a few teams who are in bad shape. no risk here, just a thread that would get troll status if 49North said it. Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It may not seem this way to you right now, but it is almost technically impossible for the Sabers to catch the Bruins. If the Bruins go 5-9 (really bad record) the Sabers would still have to go 10-2 (off-the-charts good). Not going to happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction):
    [QUOTE]It may not seem this way to you right now, but it is almost technically impossible for the Sabers to catch the Bruins. If the Bruins go 5-9 (really bad record) the Sabers would still have to go 10-2 (off-the-charts good). Not going to happen.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

OatesCam that is the point..I just looked at the schedule and there is no way the B's can winn more than 3 games till the end of the season with all the injuries (and dont count on TT with his hip problems I think he is done for the year , you can put a goalie in the net if he is only 50% healthy at this time of the year its way too intense) ..that last game agaisnt the Sabres will be a real heart braker believe me ...well in April you'll be abble to say...Stan was right ...again ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Umm... TT doesn't have a hip injury. And I really don't think Buffalo will go anywehere close to 10-2 to close out the year.

In Response to Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction) : OatesCam that is the point..I just looked at the schedule and there is no way the B's can winn more than 3 games till the end of the season with all the injuries (and dont count on TT with his hip problems I think he is done for the year , you can put a goalie in the net if he is only 50% healthy at this time of the year its way too intense) ..that last game agaisnt the Sabres will be a real heart braker believe me ...well in April you'll be abble to say...Stan was right ...again ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]Umm... TT doesn't have a hip injury. And I really don't think Buffalo will go anywehere close to 10-2 to close out the year. In Response to Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction) :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Well....you'll see in April ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

the worst thing that could happen to the B's now is Rene Rancourt gets injured and we have to call the singer from Providence ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Stanley, you're drinking the wrong cool-aid. The forward lines are Ok; the defense needs to be more alert, and Ference helps out there. The loss of Tuuka is the biggest hurdle, but Turco and a tighter defense [ala St.Louis game} could bring in a few wins. It's all up to how Claude uses his resources.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]Stanley, you're drinking the wrong cool-aid. The forward lines are Ok; the defense needs to be more alert, and Ference helps out there. The loss of Tuuka is the biggest hurdle, but Turco and a tighter defense [ala St.Louis game} could bring in a few wins. It's all up to how Claude uses his resources.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

What ressources...there is no one left ..we are playing with only 2 lines....3rd and 4th lines are horribles..only Kelly left ...Rolston, MacDermid, and tonight ..Whitfield + thornton + matteau ...OMG and TT is hurt , they wont say it but you can tell that his hip problems are back ...cant move anymore....
    After this prediction in April I will probably get another offer from the Globe to make weekly predictions (They offered me $50 by predictions last year , I've declined ) I will se what the next offer will be ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

anyone ever heard of "the long con"? shame on us

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

@Stanley - What does Turkey Lurkey feel about this?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I might see in April, but at least you won't be around to rub it in since you are not posting till June... or.... are you?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction) : Well....you'll see in April ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]maybe its because of my age that brings me wisdom  

No Stanley, I am pretty sure its your age that is taking your wisdom, not bringing it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]After this prediction in April I will probably get another offer from the Globe to make weekly predictions (They offered me $50 by predictions last year , I've declined )

No they didn't.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Stanley stop grasping for attention by claiming that you are "risking" anything by making predictions of failure. It's getting old. I'm beginning to have my mouse hover over the ignore button because I'm tired of your pessimistic and arrogant comments.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

eh hem... see my post above. there are only two options as i see it. either this is a 10 year old kid, or we've been duped for the past couple seasons(i've recently learned that trolls come in many forms). no joke. think about it. or i have to apologize to the manic-depressive that has internet access at the state hospital. so there are 3 options i guess... if you're in the hospital, sorry pal, i hope you get better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In the last few games we have

Lightning 2x
    Panthers
    Sharks
    Islanders
    Washington
    Ducks
    Ottawa
    Buffalo
    LA
    Toronto
    and Philadelphia.

Who in that list honestly scares you as a dead to rights loss?

I'll even say NYR and Pitt. I'm not convinced we lose ANY of those games outright no contest.

We were with a very short bench on Sunday and did reasonably well before we were down to 15 guys. Not to mention each game against the Rangers has been close. There's no saying that we've been blown away by ANY teams aside from Pitt on Sunday and Buffalo ages ago. Every other game has basically been a 1 goal loss. Its not like we have been playing terrible hockey. We've just made one or two mistakes at the worst times and other teams have taken advantage of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Stanley. I think you saying the B's won't make the playoffs is going a little too far. As for Ottawa taking over 2nd & dropping the B's to 7th, I can see them going back & fourth til the end of the season with the Sens. Can the Bruins hang on to 2nd ? who knows, but I can't see them dropping out of the playoffs entirely. I know you are upset right now, as are most of us, but don't write them off just yet. They will get through this rough patch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Stanley, the Bruins not making the playoffs is so unfeasible it is barely worth commenting on. For that to happen, the Sens, two points back with the Bruins having two games in hand, would have to catch the Bs. As well, either the Sabres and  one of the SE teams would have to pass them in points, or all three of the Caps, Jets, and Panthers would have to surpass the Bs point total - the Panthers are 6 points back with 14 games left, Sabres are 9 points back with 12 games, Caps are 7 back with 13 games, and the Jets are 11 back with 13 games.

That is not going to happen and to suggest it will is completely ignoring the league standings. It doesn't take guts to make this prediction, it takes delusions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

San Jose. Boston can never beat San Jose. As long as Bergeron's in the lineup the Bruins are a real good team. Until they get one of Horton or Peveley back it's hard for them to be dominant, but they are real good. If newbies like Zanon, Rolston and Caron get the system down pat, it won't even matter all that much if one of those RW's get back, unless they are playing an elite team like Pittsburgh (inc. Croz).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

No one can deny his support for the team but it would appear Stanley's frustrations over their situation (i.e., their now months long sub-par play, injuries) has boiled over. 

If he feels the Bruins won't make the playoffs which assumes a complete collapse so be it.  He's free to feel this way.  I don't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

why do you people keep feeding that tool.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]Stanley stop grasping for attention by claiming that you are "risking" anything by making predictions of failure. It's getting old. I'm beginning to have my mouse hover over the ignore button because I'm tired of your pessimistic and arrogant comments.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

no pessimistic, no negative, just the wisdom and knowledges of Hockey ...B's not in the playoffs this year ..period.

and I am not happy about it believe me ..I am really really sad ..(breaking news Pev is out for the season ...probably the same for Horton) and tonight thye will play Bergeron hurt (his foot is not 100% but they will shot him) ...and Turco in the net OMG ....TB 4 B,s 2 .....so painfull to say so painfull to watch and so painfull to admit...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER)

Sections
Shortcuts