OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction)

Stanley,it doesn't take wisdom to ignore mathematics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction)

In Response to Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction):
    [QUOTE]why do you people keep feeding that tool.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

Cause they love me as much as I love them

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 OVER)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Stanley, you said you were going to refrain from posting on this board until June and you were back minutes after saying so, your credibility is shot! Please stick to your commitment and come back and see us in June!

Thanks in advance!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

You are selling this team WAY short Stanley.
    WAYYYY short.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Yawn........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Hey guys ..you supported me when I predicted in Sept. 2010 the Stanley Cup to the BRUINS ...you supported me last year when I went ..11 in a row righ on the winning team (4 with exact scores) , but you never supported me (other than 1 or 2 of you ) when I've said we should never traded Wheeler and now that I told you you were going to hate me for this prediction ...some of you think that I have abandonned my team ...NO WAY I LOVE MY BRUINS ....but my prediction is based on facts , on feelings, on my hockey knowledges & experience and on the playoffs reality ...the team is not healthy ,   TT is injured badly ...Saturday against the Caps I was wathing TT closely , after 2 or 3 lateral moves you could see that he was really uncomfortable and hoping the puck would be iced...you cant go into the playoffs with a team in that condition ..TT- Rask and even Khudobin injured...thats called bad luck ..in April you will say that you've heard it from Stanley 1st ...sorry my friends...
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction):
    [QUOTE]Hey guys ..you supported me when I predicted in Sept. 2010 the Stanley Cup to the BRUINS ...you supported me last year when I went ..11 in a row righ on the winning team (4 with exact scores) , but you never supported me (other than 1 or 2 of you ) when I've said we should never traded Wheeler and now that I told you you were going to hate me for this prediction ...some of you think that I have abandonned my team ...NO WAY I LOVE MY BRUINS ....but my prediction is based on facts , on feelings, on my hockey knowledges & experience and on the playoffs reality ...the team is not healthy ,   TT is injured badly ...Saturday against the Caps I was wathing TT closely , after 2 or 3 lateral moves you could see that he was really uncomfortable and hoping the puck would be iced...you cant go into the playoffs with a team in that condition ..TT- Rask and even Khudobin injured...thats called bad luck ..in April you will say that you've heard it from Stanley 1st ...sorry my friends... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

No it's not Stanley. If it was based on facts and the playoff reality you would know that for the Bruins to miss the playoffs the Sens, two points back with the Bruins having two games in hand, would have to catch them.

As well, either the Sabres and  one of the SE teams would have to pass them in points, or all three of the Caps, Jets, and Panthers would have to surpass the Bruins. The Panthers are 6 points back with 14 games left, Sabres are 9 points back with 12 games, Caps are 7 back with 13 games, and the Jets are 11 back with 13 games.

So even in the easiest scenario for the Bruins to miss in about a dozen games each the Sens would have to catch them (possible) but the Sabres and Caps would both have to as well. If the Bruins can even play .500 over the last 14 games, that would mean the Sabres would have to get 23 points out of a possible 24. That is not going to happen stanley, and to suggest otherwise is nuts and ignoring completely the "facts" and "playoff reality."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Hey guys ..you supported me when I predicted in Sept. 2010 the Stanley Cup to the BRUINS ...you supported me last year when I went ..11 in a row righ on the winning team (4 with exact scores) , but you never supported me (other than 1 or 2 of you ) when I've said we should never traded Wheeler and now that I told you you were going to hate me for this prediction ...some of you think that I have abandonned my team ...NO WAY I LOVE MY BRUINS ....but my prediction is based on facts , on feelings, on my hockey knowledges & experience and on the playoffs reality ...the team is not healthy ,   TT is injured badly ...Saturday against the Caps I was wathing TT closely , after 2 or 3 lateral moves you could see that he was really uncomfortable and hoping the puck would be iced...you cant go into the playoffs with a team in that condition ..TT- Rask and even Khudobin injured...thats called bad luck ..in April you will say that you've heard it from Stanley 1st ...sorry my friends... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs)
    Nothing in your posts is based on reality. Your illusion of self-importance is hilarious. Your posts are no better than Cactus T's. They're becoming a chore to read.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just re-checked my math - with the Bruins playing .500 the Sabres would actually need 24 out of 24 points. Yeah, that's not happening. Heck, even if the Bruins play .250, the Sabres would have to pay .750 the rest of the way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

After seeing what the Red Sox did, anything is possible. I think it's too late for anyone to knock the Bruins out of the playoffs though. The teams making pushes just aren't good enough. I can't even see Ottawa taking the 2nd seed.

Give it a rest, Stanley.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

I miss the old stanley, the forever optimist. This new stanley is weak. The old stanley was the only one who called a stanley cup in december 2010. He was the only poster who could say 'i told you so' after the bs had won. Now that he is predicting with likes of cactus t he's just becoming one of them, trolls. Sad r.eally

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Folks, isn't this really simple?

Stanley - bet accepted.  I will be in Montreal in late April.  If the Bruins make the playoffs, I will meet you in front of Blatter and Blatter where you can buy me $100 of Cuban cigars (Crowls - put in an order and I'll send you one). 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

NICE ^^^^^^^^^

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction) : OatesCam that is the point..I just looked at the schedule and there is no way the B's can winn more than 3 games till the end of the season with all the injuries (and dont count on TT with his hip problems I think he is done for the year , you can put a goalie in the net if he is only 50% healthy at this time of the year its way too intense) ..that last game agaisnt the Sabres will be a real heart braker believe me ...well in April you'll be abble to say...Stan was right ...again ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 not even in the playoffs)

Ok, let's say this is right, that the Bruins go say 3-10-1 for the rest of the year.
    For the Bruins to miss the Sens would have to play better than 5-7(certainly possible) the Caps would need to go 7-5-1 and the Sabres would have to finish out at least 8-3-1 (or the Jets go 9-3-1). That would require great play down the stretch by a couple of teams as well as an absolute collapse by the Bruins.

I'll join in taking your bet, even with the 75-1 odds.
    You can pay me by buying me a Bruins playoff ticket.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I thought you promised to go away until the June draft?

You. Promised.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In the last few games we have Lightning 2x Panthers Sharks Islanders Washington Ducks Ottawa Buffalo LA Toronto and Philadelphia. Who in that list honestly scares you as a dead to rights loss? I'll even say NYR and Pitt. I'm not convinced we lose ANY of those games outright no contest. We were with a very short bench on Sunday and did reasonably well before we were down to 15 guys. Not to mention each game against the Rangers has been close. There's no saying that we've been blown away by ANY teams aside from Pitt on Sunday and Buffalo ages ago. Every other game has basically been a 1 goal loss. Its not like we have been playing terrible hockey. We've just made one or two mistakes at the worst times and other teams have taken advantage of it.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    Nobody on the list scares you ? Are you sure you don't want to change your statement ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

B's struggled during the first 6-7 weeks of 2012 with only Horton being injured !!!

How can they play better now ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

All of a sudden after tonight"s game my prediction makes more sense ???!!!!! How come I am the ony one who saw it coming.......????? If the Bruins win more than 2 games till the end of the season it will be a miracle I will go up to 5 points is that enough to make the playoffs ? answer is NO.....so lets take the positive side of this...B's could go as high as 16th or 17th pick wich is nit that bad....and next year with the injured players coming back healthy and the addition of Douggie Hamilton ..the B's will get their Stanley Cup back .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 we wont even make the playoffs)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction) : Thank you.  It's not the injuries.  Other teams have figured them out.  Why can't anyone see the game from the other perspective?   When the going got tough after the New Year, the rest of the NHL started to wake up to make a run for the playoffs; the Busted Ruins woke up to the reality of being a 1 year wonder.   We got it wrong.  Looked good on paper, but reality sets in.  We're not on the ice, they are. They are toss up to make the playoffs.    This team is a complete, utter disaster.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

ipot ...u got it wrong my friend....all wrong....the Bruins can still be a dominant team,  have you forgotten the way we were winning in January ...8-0  6-0  and on and on ....the Bruins were litterally burning the league ..and than came the injuries, one at a time, Nathan Horton (who had just scored 4 goals in 5 games I think) ...and Rich Peverley, ...and I wont go through all the names ,,,and now we just realized that something is wrong with TT ...that something is his hip ...I was at the Garden last Saturday and while the action was at the other end I was watching TT ...moving his hip like to get ride of the pain ...believe me TT has a bad hip and will not be ready for the playoffs, you cannot expect to win with all those recalls from Providence and 2 old timers players (Turco and Rolston) and some garbage player from NYI (Mattau) in the best hockey league in the world... ...with TT 100% healthy and all our injured players back we are the best team in the NHL ...but this is not going to happen this season ....Bruins will not win more than 2 games till the end of this season and lose the last game of the year against the Sabres to miss the playoffs by one point ...just like I predicted before yesterday's game

Stanlye Cup to the BRUINSin 2011 and 2013 (2012 out of the playoffs)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Some stuff to chew on with respect to playoff chances.

I don't really understand their methodology, I think it has something to do with statistical analysis of previous years.  (Edit: Strike that, they do a million simulations for the remainder of the season based on existing performance statistics) They still have the Bruins far more likely to make the playoffs than not.

On the other hand, my own number-cruncher shows that if all the teams in the East finish the season at the same point-rate as their past 10 games, the Bruins finish 8th with 93 points... with Buffalo having 92 (note this is a crude analysis, the result may not actually be possible).  That's sweat-inducingly close.  The final game of the season could end up huge at this rate.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The previous 10 games in hockey is more likely to be a predictor of what will not happen than what will. That's why all the people freaking out should relax. Just like last year at this time when the B's were struggling, it's not likely to continue. The other thing is teams all play each other, so it's impossible for everyone chasing the bruins to all win all their game. In response to "Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction)": [QUOTE]Some stuff to chew on with respect to playoff chances. First, a nice site:  http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html I don't really understand their methodology, I think it has something to do with statistical analysis of previous years.   (Edit: Strike that, they do a million simulations for the remainder of the season based on existing performance statistics) They still have the Bruins far more likely to make the playoffs than not. On the other hand, my own number-cruncher shows that if all the teams in the East finish the season at the same point-rate as their past 10 games, the Bruins finish 8th with 93 points... with Buffalo having 92 (note this is a crude analysis, the result may not actually be possible).  That's sweat-inducingly close.  The final game of the season could end up huge at this rate. Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Hence my comment about how the result may not actually be possible.
    I think past-10 is a better indicator than total season stats, but no results that happened before, no matter how recent, matter once the players are on the ice.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction) : Nobody on the list scares you ? Are you sure you don't want to change your statement ?
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Nope. Our beaten up team nearly beat the NYR twice. We've beaten Pittsburgh already. We've beaten Philly. We've destroyed FLA. We can take Tampa despite last nights debacle. And we almost overcame a 2-0 deficit twice against WAS. This team rarely gets blown out. Look at the past 20 or so games. Almost all losses are 1 goal games or 2 goals pending an ENG. That there tells me this team is not getting bounces and not getting the break when they need it.

Last night is a great example. The Bruins were deflated after that controversial (read atrocious) call. Had the ruling on the ice been upheld its entirely possible the B's surge and stop the flood gates from opening. Who knows. Its all speculation and until we unlock parallel universes where we get to see how different circumstances play out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG...it takes guts but here it is : My biggest prediction ever (1st & only one to risk such a prediction) : Nope. Our beaten up team nearly beat the NYR twice. We've beaten Pittsburgh already. We've beaten Philly. We've destroyed FLA. We can take Tampa despite last nights debacle. And we almost overcame a 2-0 deficit twice against WAS. This team rarely gets blown out. Look at the past 20 or so games. Almost all losses are 1 goal games or 2 goals pending an ENG. That there tells me this team is not getting bounces and not getting the break when they need it. Last night is a great example. The Bruins were deflated after that controversial (read atrocious) call. Had the ruling on the ice been upheld its entirely possible the B's surge and stop the flood gates from opening. Who knows. Its all speculation and until we unlock parallel universes where we get to see how different circumstances play out.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    lambda ...everything you saying is right ...even last night 34-17 shots on goal...but with our team healthy ...wich wont be the case this season ....