On defense, who sits ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

On defense, who sits ??

Really tough decision. I'd like to see Hamilton. His inexperience and some risky plays may costs a goal sometime, but he creates occasions and his offense input would be nice. So, you sit Redden ? Great puck movement. Or you sit McQuaid, and then you lose his strong physical play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: On defense, who sits ??

I think what we see tonight is what we will get.

At least until some new blood is needed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Given the chance, Redden can put up the points.  He's clearly much more mature and will probably a lot more calm in a playoff game.

I'd like to see Hamilton get the Seguin treatment.  Sit in the press box and keep everyone on the ice honest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think there's a very good chance they win against the Caps tonight with Hamilton on the ice for the late PPs.  Chances were there for the slap pass etc., and Chara just blasted away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think Hamilton is their best pp defenseman, I would like to see him out there with Redden.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Who needs Hamilton and his offensive skill when we have McQuaid bumbling around and taking stupid penalties?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Evidently we don't need defencemen with any offensive skill. CJ prefers all slow slugs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Who needs Hamilton and his offensive skill when we have McQuaid bumbling around and taking stupid penalties?

Which one was stupid? You mean the one where the guy was skating all alone in the slot? Yea, I can see that being a stupid penalty. Leave him in prime real estate for a scoring chance, yep! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I think there's a very good chance they win against the Caps tonight with Hamilton on the ice for the late PPs.  Chances were there for the slap pass etc., and Chara just blasted away.

Or Jagr. Especially on the 4 on 3. Oh btw..Is Eric Fehr the newest Bruin killer? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

McQ sits if we play the nyi ott.  Plays against leafs.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I'd like to see Hamilton play.  I'm not as high on Redden as most on here and I don't care if he sits.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I'd like to see Hamilton play.  I'm not as high on Redden as most on here and I don't care if he sits.

I agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Redden has looked like our best dman some nights.   Id play hamilton with redden against nyi and ottawa.  McQ would play against the leafs.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Which one was stupid? You mean the one where the guy was skating all alone in the slot? Yea, I can see that being a stupid penalty. Leave him in prime real estate for a scoring chance, yep! 

The puck was no where near that guy from what I remember. Take the penalty when you have to, not before. And the other one was not exactly a do or die moment either.

His 12:45 on the ice could have easily been handled by Hamilton and maybe, just maybe, Dougie may have been useful on the late pp.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Redden has looked like our best dman some nights.   Id play hamilton with redden against nyi and ottawa.  McQ would play against the leafs.  

Agreed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I just don't see it.  It's funny how two guys can watch the same game and see different things.  I agree McQuaid has had a few eff-ups the last few games, but I think Redden has also.  Either way I think Hamilton should be in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

The puck was no where near that guy from what I remember. Take the penalty when you have to, not before. And the other one was not exactly a do or die moment either.

His 12:45 on the ice could have easily been handled by Hamilton and maybe, just maybe, Dougie may have been useful on the late pp.

Being a goalie I don't mind when a teammate takes a penalty in the defensive zone. Unless it's absolutely a selfish one like Peverly took then I'd always say something. These new rules make a d-man's job a hellva lot harder than it's ever been in the modern era. So, knocking a guy down who's floating around the slot by himself & the opposing team has possession coming into the zone? Take him down! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Being a goalie I don't mind when a teammate takes a penalty in the defensive zone. Unless it's absolutely a selfish one like Peverly took then I'd always say something. These new rules make a d-man's job a hellva lot harder than it's ever been in the modern era. So, knocking a guy down who's floating around the slot by himself & the opposing team has possession coming into the zone? Take him down! 

This we can agree on.

Hopefully CJ's insistance that Peverley be on the 1st line is now over. Put Jagr up there and return Rich to his proper spot, the third line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I thought Hamilton had won the 7th player award, not the 7th D-man award. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

This we can agree on.

Hopefully CJ's insistance that Peverley be on the 1st line is now over. Put Jagr up there and return Rich to his proper spot, the third line.

Ya know what? I'd take Peverly out & play Daugavins on the 3rd tomorrow & show Peverly how stupid he really was. Even though CJ didn't allow him back on the ice after he did it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If Horton gets healthy, Peverley likely sits or plays on the 4th line for Thornton.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ya know what? I'd take Peverly out & play Daugavins on the 3rd tomorrow & show Peverly how stupid he really was. Even though CJ didn't allow him back on the ice after he did it. 

So would I. The guy has been brutal for most of the season and to put him on the first line in the first place is merely a validation of his poor play.

I make fun of "Daugman" but he was as effective as Rich was on the first line (damning with faint praise here).

Give Peverley the Lucic treatment and see if he responds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Nice to have this problem.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

So would I. The guy has been brutal for most of the season and to put him on the first line in the first place is merely a validation of his poor play.

I make fun of "Daugman" but he was as effective as Rich was on the first line (damning with faint praise here).

Give Peverley the Lucic treatment and see if he responds.

I think CJ put Peverley on Krejci's line because he wanted the other lines to gel before the playoffs.  Horton takes his spot for the playoffs and Peverley either takes Thornton's spot or sits between Pandolfo and Daugavins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I think CJ put Peverley on Krejci's line because he wanted the other lines to gel before the playoffs.  Horton takes his spot for the playoffs and Peverley either takes Thornton's spot or sits between Pandolfo and Daugavins.

You may be right but Jagr should be there, not with kelly on the third line.

Peverley should never be anywhere other then the third line unless absolutely necessary.
    This whole "spreading out the scoring" thing is just crap. From a team that can barely score 3 goals a game, the offensive talents should be concentrated not diluted to the point of impotence.

Just my opinion, though.

Sections
Shortcuts