On defense, who sits ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: On defense, who sits ??

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

If Horton gets healthy, Peverley likely sits or plays on the 4th line for Thornton.

Can't sit Thornton.  He has two Cup rings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

If Horton gets healthy, Peverley likely sits or plays on the 4th line for Thornton.

Can't sit Thornton.  He has two Cup rings.   U have no clue when it comes to thornton, the bruins 4 line is considerd to be one of the best in the game and he is 1/3 off that line what part off that do u not get??? Do u actually watch these games and if u say yes why can u not see that the bruins 4th line is top notch? U are the most clueless fan there is on the value of thornton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The D problem isn't really all that different from the whole team problem. There are now actually too many players who are not only unsure of whether they'll play but they're also unsure of how they will be utilised over the course of a game or season.  Julien needs to make his mind up, make good decisions when he does  and stick with them for sometime to bring stability in the minds of his players. As it is none of the players can really sit because they all have ants in their pants because of Julien's 'chickens with their heads cut off' approach which on the surface gives the appearance on the ice of same old same old.      

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Let me see ...Jagr on the 3rd line, Peverly on the 1st, Redden in, Hamilton out, Chara on the PP  - aw F it, sick of saying it

And BTW what is with this Redden infatuation ? Not sure what some of you are watching

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Let me see ...Jagr on the 3rd line, Peverly on the 1st, Redden in, Hamilton out, Chara on the PP  - aw F it, sick of saying it.

No... please keep mentioning it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I like McQuaid, I really do. Seems like a good teammate and certainly is one tough hombre. Even as a 19yr old, though, I think Hamilton has VASTLY more upside and an equal (at worst) downside to McQuaid, even given this is the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

For me - it's Hamilton in, McQuaid out. Plus, reading all the player quotes these past few weeks, they're screaming for some "chemistry" and "consistency" in their linemates. As much as some of these guys have played themselves out of certain lines, I think some familiarity in the playoffs might not be a bad thing.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin

Soderberg-Kelly-Jagr

Peverly-Campbell-Paille

Chara-Seids

Ference-Boychuck

Redden-Hamilton

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

I like McQuaid, I really do. Seems like a good teammate and certainly is one tough hombre. Even as a 19yr old, though, I think Hamilton has VASTLY more upside and an equal (at worst) downside to McQuaid, even given this is the playoffs.

McQuaid not the same player this year,with health issues he had in off season,no way near as physical as before

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Looking like Hamilton, I don't think Claude would sit McQuiad. JMO. Plus Recden is starting to play well. The dilemma will be a tough one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Looking like Hamilton, I don't think Claude would sit McQuiad. JMO. Plus Recden is starting to play well. The dilemma will be a tough one.

But a good one to have.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I think CJ put Peverley on Krejci's line because he wanted the other lines to gel before the playoffs.  Horton takes his spot for the playoffs and Peverley either takes Thornton's spot or sits between Pandolfo and Daugavins.

You may be right but Jagr should be there, not with kelly on the third line.

Peverley should never be anywhere other then the third line unless absolutely necessary.
    This whole "spreading out the scoring" thing is just crap. From a team that can barely score 3 goals a game, the offensive talents should be concentrated not diluted to the point of impotence.

Just my opinion, though.

I very valid one though JM. One of CJ's biggest issues is not going with who's going well in a particular game. And having a shortened bench on some nights. With the excpetion of Peverly skating his behind off where Ovie caught him. He really was pretty useless. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

If CJ is true to his philosophy (and he is to a detriment), the rookie sits Redden and McQuaid play. They don't need additional offense...just ask Claude.

If 54 has a couple more 2 penalty nights he might get one night off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

For me - it's Hamilton in, McQuaid out. Plus, reading all the player quotes these past few weeks, they're screaming for some "chemistry" and "consistency" in their linemates. As much as some of these guys have played themselves out of certain lines, I think some familiarity in the playoffs might not be a bad thing.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin

Soderberg-Kelly-Jagr

Peverly-Campbell-Paille

Chara-Seids

Ference-Boychuck

Redden-Hamilton

Exactly what I would go with.  Although, Id consider using Daug on the third, Sods to the fourth, Pevs to the press box.  Id also consider leaving Sods on the third an subbing in Daug on the fourth for Pevs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

McQ would be my odd man out on D.  Although, I might put him in later in the series depending on the feel.

McQ isnt the only who can hit.  Boychuck is an underrated checker.

Sections
Shortcuts