On the Plus Side

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

On the Plus Side

Well, I'm really cranky about the Canucks game, the officiating, and the Marchand suspension. But time to move on. So on the positive side, Marchand out means.... more Zach Hamill! Yeah!!

Also, until Brad got the flu he was getting close to catching Seguin for the league +/- lead. I didn't want him to.  Tyler is on pace to become the youngest player to lead the league in that category ever. He is the first player under 21 to do it since Gretzky. That's pretty cool. There was some talk about unbreakable records a while back, with this Bruins team +/- records seem reachable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: On the Plus Side

Funny, but I'm not cranky at all. I kinda like being a fan of a team that just shrugs their shoulders and lets everyone else get their shorts in a bunch over things out of their control. Want to suspend Marchand and make an example? Ok. We'll just beat you a thousand other ways, then go back to playing our game...a game that will crush it when playoff rules/standards are in play.

Other positives:

* I really like the way the organization is banding together, top to bottom. It bodes well for team chemistry, especially regarding pending free agency for some of the guys.

* I no longer have worries about a Jan/Feb/March slump. When things are clicking so well, you run the risk of complacency. Can't imagine that happening now. These Bruins have a newfound chip on their shoulders, and that spells disaster for the rest of the league. I can't say they will be any more dominating than they already are, but I can't see this team losing more than 3 times out of 10 at any stretch here on out.

* Yes, would love to see more Pouliot on the Bergeron line and Hamill wheeling with Kelly/Pevs. Experience and opportunity never hurt.

* Eventually a physically imposing team like Boston has to pay the piper at some point. Now that the rest of the league feels they've got their pound of flesh, hopefully it's out of the system and the chirping will calm down.

* It never hurts to know where the league and refs will draw the line. The Bruins are great and knowing just how far they can push it, and players like Marchand and Lucic are too smart and surrounded by too much support to go and do anything stupid when it matters most.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

* It never hurts to know where the league and refs will draw the line. The Bruins are great and knowing just how far they can push it, and players like Marchand and Lucic are too smart and surrounded by too much support to go and do anything stupid when it matters most.

Very well said, ashmaha.  I sure hope they have meetings with BM to address this side of his game.  He is too valuable a player to be sitting for 5 games because of a dumb move he made during a blowout game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: On the Plus Side:
    [QUOTE]Funny, but I'm not cranky at all. I kinda like being a fan of a team that just shrugs their shoulders and lets everyone else get their shorts in a bunch over things out of their control. Want to suspend Marchand and make an example? Ok. We'll just beat you a thousand other ways, then go back to playing our game...a game that will crush it when playoff rules/standards are in play. Other positives: * I really like the way the organization is banding together, top to bottom. It bodes well for team chemistry, especially regarding pending free agency for some of the guys. * I no longer have worries about a Jan/Feb/March slump. When things are clicking so well, you run the risk of complacency. Can't imagine that happening now. These Bruins have a newfound chip on their shoulders, and that spells disaster for the rest of the league. I can't say they will be any more dominating than they already are, but I can't see this team losing more than 3 times out of 10 at any stretch here on out. * Yes, would love to see more Pouliot on the Bergeron line and Hamill wheeling with Kelly/Pevs. Experience and opportunity never hurt. * Eventually a physically imposing team like Boston has to pay the piper at some point. Now that the rest of the league feels they've got their pound of flesh, hopefully it's out of the system and the chirping will calm down. * It never hurts to know where the league and refs will draw the line. The Bruins are great and knowing just how far they can push it, and players like Marchand and Lucic are too smart and surrounded by too much support to go and do anything stupid when it matters most.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Great post! Your points are very well taken, and OatesCam is right. This organization is about taking the "high-road" and moving on. Maybe Vancouver will have a little parade in town, you know, to celebrate Saturdays' monumental achievement.However, in time the BEAR will smother Orca again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flameurass. Show Flameurass's posts

Yeah I'm over all the drama and hoping that the team has largely ignored it.

Very much looking forward to seing a good look at Hamill--hopes he makes the most of what could be a once in a career opportunity--and a promoted Pouliot, who's beast play along the boards on Saturday was drowned out by the noise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]* It never hurts to know where the league and refs will draw the line. The Bruins are great and knowing just how far they can push it, and players like Marchand and Lucic are too smart and surrounded by too much support to go and do anything stupid when it matters most. Very well said, ashmaha.  I sure hope they have meetings with BM to address this side of his game.  He is too valuable a player to be sitting for 5 games because of a dumb move he made during a blowout game.
    Posted by BruinsIn4[/QUOTE]
    A 2pt game in January is a far cry from games played in late Apr, May & June.This B's team have won a Cup and know what it takes to win, they also know how far go when push comes to shove.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

The plus side Bruins are team with positive forward motivation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I am also excited to see how well Hammil centers Kelly and Peverly it should be excited...I am not sure about Pou on the first line would have rather seen Horton move up and Pou play with Krejci and Lucic...Not that I think that Horton should ultimately playing with them but if there is one link that is fragile in the offense it is Horton and I would like to see if Pou can fill that role if he hurt or cannot play...This is future thinking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Past the Canucks game... just care about tonight and going ahead now. I hate these games between Boston and the Peg, and I am pretty ticked I have to put up with another full year of the Bruins and Jets in the same conference, but it should be a solid game with a B's team with a big chip on their shoulder. I think my Jets will get smoked tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]Past the Canucks game... just care about tonight and going ahead now. I hate these games between Boston and the Peg, and I am pretty ticked I have to put up with another full year of the Bruins and Jets in the same conference, but it should be a solid game with a B's team with a big chip on their shoulder. I think my Jets will get smoked tonight.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    ditto.... i smell a BIG win for the b's tonight, right where they left off pre-vancouver. a very matter-of-fact, business-like, punch the time card type game. they'll win by 4 or 5 goals. never get these predictions right, maybe i should shut up now. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good points all.  I feel like coaches always try to get their teams into the "us vs. the world" mentality because it breeds drive, focus, and team bonding.  This team will have no trouble achieving that mentality.  Everyone wants them to fail and everyone is bitter about their success and style of play.  

Ignore the noise, don't let 'them' win, and go get another Cup.

Next year let's hold the parade in Vancouver.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Funny, but I'm not cranky at all. I kinda like being a fan of a team that just shrugs their shoulders and lets everyone else get their shorts in a bunch over things out of their control. Want to suspend Marchand and make an example? Ok. We'll just beat you a thousand other ways, then go back to playing our game...a game that will crush it when playoff rules/standards are in play. Other positives: * I really like the way the organization is banding together, top to bottom. It bodes well for team chemistry, especially regarding pending free agency for some of the guys. * I no longer have worries about a Jan/Feb/March slump. When things are clicking so well, you run the risk of complacency. Can't imagine that happening now. These Bruins have a newfound chip on their shoulders, and that spells disaster for the rest of the league. I can't say they will be any more dominating than they already are, but I can't see this team losing more than 3 times out of 10 at any stretch here on out. * Yes, would love to see more Pouliot on the Bergeron line and Hamill wheeling with Kelly/Pevs. Experience and opportunity never hurt. * Eventually a physically imposing team like Boston has to pay the piper at some point. Now that the rest of the league feels they've got their pound of flesh, hopefully it's out of the system and the chirping will calm down. * It never hurts to know where the league and refs will draw the line. The Bruins are great and knowing just how far they can push it, and players like Marchand and Lucic are too smart and surrounded by too much support to go and do anything stupid when it matters most.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Top notch post, Asmaha. Bang on!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I love it. They almost HAVE to meet again in the finals. If the same two teams in the Finals were to meet again the next year, usually it would be a turnoff, hockey fans in other cities may not be as interested. Throw that sentiment out the window. I didnt think, after last years finals that I could hate the Canucks anymore, that changed Saturday. In Fact, I hate them so much, I will keep a close eye on them come playoff time, almost rooting for them to advance just so we can have the oppurtunity to beat them again. Could you imagine that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

there are a number of plus positives that mostly affect the Bruins team perspective. IMO the team will want to prove their capabilities to offset Marchand's loss. I'm not yet a big fan of Pouliot, and would have rather had Caron, who played with Bergeron before, even to killing penalties. Pouliot, for my money, is too inconsistent and more of a scrambler than someone who will add any positives to Bergeron's line. However, if he fools me and plays well, it gives Claude additional flexibility. Hamill has demonstrated his capability this year, to play NHL hockey, and although some of our pundits do not think Chiarelli is "showcasing" Hamill, it is a perfect opportunity to do so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]My first instinct was actually to play Caron instead of Hamill.  But since Hamill is on the last year of his contract, it's time to play him.  5 consecutive games will be good to see.  Should we keep him or not.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Yes I say keep him, unless we can get some legitimate return for him.  I know we have a logjam at center and he's a natural center, but he's been playing better on the wing then we've ever seen him at center.  Keep him, because he won't be expensive to sign come next year and could develop into a 3rd line mainstay and a possible 2nd line player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I was going to mention that if Julien had to coach both Hamill and Caron tonight he'd lose his hair but he already did (I know sorry couldn't resist :shouldershrug:).

I think Zach will be fine with Kelly and Peverley both defensively sound. I expect to see Hamill some good looks on net. So for the 7th time this season I think the Sloth will pot his first goal fingers crossed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

turn the page and payback the jets.