On the PP - Why do they break up the Berg line?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

On the PP - Why do they break up the Berg line?

Can someone help me understand why they put Seguin on the 2nd PP line and don't just keep him with Bergeron and Marchand. I just don't see how Peverely is a better choice on that line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: On the PP - Why do they break up the Berg line?

Good question, given how bad their PP is and how good that line is they probably should just leave them together

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

I've been saying this for weeks! Keep the two top units as they are - The Bergeron line has greart chemistry, the Krejci line needs some.

Nothing like the man-advantage to get a line's confidence back and help certain guys find their hands again...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Krejci Bergeron Seguin should be the first line PP. when the PP was struggling last year Julien used this forward combination for what seemed like just a few games and it was very successful but never used again. go figure, the three best forwards.

Whats up!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Becuase Ward is the genius behind the "defensive-minded PP" strategy = the PP should serve as a means to prevent the other team from scoring. 

LOL
    Geoff Ward wouldn't even be in this position without his mentor CJ.
    Ward was - at best - a mediocre AHL coach, and he couldn't even keep his coaching jobs overseas. Enter Claude Julien, his old buddy from their Hamilton Bulldogs days - and suddenly Geoff Who? gets to run the power play of an Original Six franchise, with unsurprisingly bad results.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Daniel Paille should get some PP time....we've been struggling for te last 3 years why not try something different ??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Just seems like they want Seguin on the left side to line up his powerful shot, I get that part but the chemistry of that line is too good to break it up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Is the reason - putting Seguin on the left side?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Yes, the chemistry can't be taught. 'Drawing up' a powerplay strategy is trumped by three guys with chemistry, every time. Keep rolling your 4 lines Claude.

Forget 'Powerplay strategy' (except the drawing up of face-off tactics, which is the closest hockey can come to a 'set play'.) To restate the premise:  "Us 5 guys against their 4 guys? I think we can figure it out."

Sections
Shortcuts