Once again Thomas steals the show!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Timmy_wow. Show Timmy_wow's posts

Once again Thomas steals the show!

Nine out of thirteen starts with two goals or less. Back to back shutouts. I vote Thomas as the best Bruins goalie of all time!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

Re: Once again Thomas steals the show!

In Response to Once again Thomas steals the show!:
    Nine out of thirteen starts with two goals or less. Back to back shutouts. I vote Thomas as the best Bruins goalie of all time!
    Posted by Timmy_wow

Of all time!! dream on ! where do you live on Jupiter ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Longevity aside, no Bruin Goalie has been as good as Thomas was last year. If he keeps playing like this, or close to this level for a few more years he will own the title of best B's goalie ever. Apologies to sawchuk, brimsek, cheevers, moog and lacher. :P

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Scratch sawchuk - I meant Tiny Thompson
    Scratch lacher - I meant daskalakis

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Timmy_wow. Show Timmy_wow's posts

In Response to Re: Once again Thomas steals the show!:
    In Response to Once again Thomas steals the show! : Of all time!! dream on ! where do you live on Jupiter ?
    Posted by Whitewings
    Looks like you're in the minority, haha.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Can anyone think of someone better? I go back as far as Cheevers and TT is much better. Moog and Peeters don't hold up  IMO either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Can anyone think of someone better? I go back as far as Cheevers and TT is much better. Moog and Peeters don't hold up  IMO either.
    Posted by niftybear

I can't.  This franchise certainly has it's share of legends, but from the golatending position?
    The last 50 years we got Moog and Cheevers in my books.  Loved Cheevers, but that was more based on personality, plus the fact that Eddie Johnston couldn't stop a truck tire.  Moog was the best til recently in my opinion, but TT has contributed much more.
    Brimsek and Thompson are both hall of famers, multiple Vezina winners, and Stanley Cup winners.
    Who can compare TT to Brimsek and Thompson.  I sure can't offer up much.  I do however, feel TT is by a wide, margin, the B's best goalie in 50 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Once again Thomas steals the show! : I can't.  This franchise certainly has it's share of legends, but from the golatending position? The last 50 years we got Moog and Cheevers in my books.  Loved Cheevers, but that was more based on personality, plus the fact that Eddie Johnston couldn't stop a truck tire.  Moog was the best til recently in my opinion, but TT has contributed much more. Brimsek and Thompson are both hall of famers, multiple Vezina winners, and Stanley Cup winners. Who can compare TT to Brimsek and Thompson.  I sure can't offer up much.  I do however, feel TT is by a wide, margin, the B's best goalie in 50 years.
    Posted by stevegm

Perfectly said Steve, but there's an asterisk on that. A few more season with TT doing what he's doing & He'll slide into that top stop, because there won't be anyone around who could prove their argument to say TT isn't the #1 of all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

I can't compare Thomas to Thompson or Brimsek.  The era's they played in are far too different.  Like Steve said and Nite seconded within the last 50 years he's tops in my book but after that its too hard to compare.  Pretty nice discussion to have though, hopefully we'll have a few more players on this team in the upcoming years to start talking about!

Sections
Shortcuts