One and Done

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: One and Done

6 games in 9 nights with a playoff spot already locked... how much effort would you give as a player or expect as a coach?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

6 games in 9 nights with a playoff spot already locked... how much effort would you give as a player or expect as a coach?

At the money they make 100 percent no less.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I like their chances against either Ottawa, Islanders, or Leafs... Honestly I do...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

When healthy and rested, I like their chances against anyone. It would not surprise me if we find out someone has been playing through an injury and needs offseason surgery (McQuaid may never fully recover from his surgeries.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

test

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Every year, the playoffs remind me just how different the post-season is from the regular season, and just how much parity exists in the NHL.

I am bummed out the Bruins are playing poorly, but the playoffs are a totally new ball-game in my opinion.

Sit tight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Well said Olsonic...There is no correlation between playing well at the end of the season and winning the Cup. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Wow, this team has played like a playoff DNQ since March and there's still people handing out total passes and excuses.

By the way, how does not being motivated translate into shooting the puck in your own net from the corner of the rink while the goalie is looking at the girls in Row 6? Nice team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Wow, this team has played like a playoff DNQ since March and there's still people handing out total passes and excuses.

Why do you even watch the games if its so obvious the bruins are "gutless,have no heart" and will be knocked out in 4 games guaranteed. It's so annoying to hear you complain constanthow about how "bad"they are. Wheb thats all you do, you have nothing to contribute.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

100% effort. A coach or player should expect that from themselves every time they play or coach. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

I wish I could say that the Bruins performance right now would have no effect on their playoff performance, but as it stands this appears to be a repeat of last year. 

Last year they coasted into the playoffs after an amazing stretch of games near the beginning of the season, which closely parallels this year. After the playoffs began, they were outmatched by a weaker Washington team because they could not rediscover the edge they had earlier in the year.

I hope this is not the case, but the playoffs are about to begin and the Bruins haven't looked like a playoff team in a while.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

You know, pairing Jagr with Krejci and another warm body might be an idea right now. Or is that Claude's ace in the hole?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to bruinsow's comment:

Why do you even watch the games if its so obvious the bruins are "gutless,have no heart" and will be knocked out in 4 games guaranteed. It's so annoying to hear you complain constanthow about how "bad"they are. Wheb thats all you do, you have nothing to contribute.

And what are you "contributing?" They are TIRED? They have INJURIES? They are in second, they are really, really goooood?

How about you put me on ignore if I hurt your feelings?

By the way, they are gutless, have no heart, and they stink. Oh, they might last 5 games if they don't play the Rangers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

A few tweets from J.Murphy who covers the Bs on espn:

--If the Bruins think theiy're going to just flip the switch on in playoffs, they either know something we don't or they're in denial

--This Bruins team has to be one of the most fragile I've covered. Hard to believe considering the skill and character there but yikes!

EXACTAMUNDO.

Hmmm, when I say this people, uh, cry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Well, then they should be adults and stop lying to the public about "we want to win the Northeast Division."  

Admit you are playing "out the string"  -  there's more dignity in it.

I would like to pretend they know they would be embarrassed if they finished second and ended up playing the Rangers, so they are tanking games to finish 4th or 5th.

The problem is, this is the same gutless, fragile, pathetic excuse for hockey we have been watching since March. They aren't sharp enough to tank it on purpose... they are just legitimately this bad.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Well, then they should be adults and stop lying to the public about "we want to win the Northeast Division."  

that would be terrible business strategy... hockey is a business first and foremost

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This team, and claude's system keys off of Chara who isn't the chara we've come to know lately. Can't say that Kreji did much last night. Does the Swede at center mean kreji is looking over his shoulder ? when will Claude ever sit Thorny ? was that really a fight ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I would like to pretend they know they would be embarrassed if they finished second and ended up playing the Rangers, so they are tanking games to finish 4th or 5th.

The problem is, this is the same gutless, fragile, pathetic excuse for hockey we have been watching since March. They aren't sharp enough to tank it on purpose... they are just legitimately this bad.

I think you're right about last night, pretty much right about the last couple months...but I think you're wrong.

It's basically the same team that's had a really good record for a few years now.  If they are "legitimately BAD", it's impossible to do some of the things they've done.  These guys didn't just magically lose their ability to play pro hockey.  Jagr hasn't made them worse has he?   I prefer to consider it a huge slump.  If I didn't, I'd holler for wholesale change.  I truly believe wholesale change would have far greater potential to accelerate the direction this team is in, rather than change it.