One and Done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: One and Done

The Red Sox got bombed last night they are going to be one n done nine months from now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

And the Habs, Pens, Islanders, and Rangers lost last night to lesser teams.

Does that mean they are all one and done?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL @ ONE n DONE . Nostalgia ,  brings me back a couple of years. I feel younger !

When threads like this were started in 2009-2010 Isn't this where NAS got his name , Not-A-Shot ? 

another one I like, " Put a fork in them "     I find this amuzing .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Some posters act like there's a prize for being the 1st one to throw in the towel. Cheer for the team or don't. Who cares? I still plan to watch them and hope for a win in the playoffs. There's never been a Cup awarded in April unless of course, that's when the Fairweather Fan's top prize is given out. I suspect that must be the case because we have a handful of posters currently jockeying for position. Good luck to all in that very close race.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Some posters act like there's a prize for being the 1st one to throw in the towel. Cheer for the team or don't. Who cares? I still plan to watch them and hope for a win in the playoffs. There's never been a Cup awarded in April unless of course, that's when the Fairweather Fan's top prize is given out. I suspect that must be the case because we have a handful of posters currently jockeying for position. Good luck to all in that very close race.

Lots of people are coaling up the "I Told You So" train. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

LOL @ ONE n DONE . Nostalgia ,  brings me back a couple of years. I feel younger !

When threads like this were started in 2009-2010 Isn't this where NAS got his name , Not-A-Shot ? 

I don't even remember what my name meant to me.  I'm sure it had some relevance at the time, but it wasn't gloom and doom!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I don't even remember what my name meant to me.  I'm sure it had some relevance at the time, but it wasn't gloom and doom!

Not in that way, no doom and gloom that's for sure.  It was honest at the time Bruins didn't have shot. It's just that at that time there were so many threads that started the way this one and others that have popped.

Jeez I wonder what Rangers fairweather fans saying after they lost to the Panthers last night?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

A few tweets from J.Murphy who covers the Bs on espn:

--If the Bruins think theiy're going to just flip the switch on in playoffs, they either know something we don't or they're in denial

--This Bruins team has to be one of the most fragile I've covered. Hard to believe considering the skill and character there but yikes!

EXACTAMUNDO.

Hmmm, when I say this people, uh, cry.

No, you (and I....and James Murphy, I guess) have been ex-communicated.  Murphy is as "positive" a Bs columnist as they come.   Well, he's calling it as he sees it.

But here's somethingto chew on:

08-09 Last 10 games = 8-2 Lost in 2nd round

09-10 Last 10 games = 6-3-1 Collapsed historically in 2nd round

10-11 Last 10 games - 6-3-1 Won Stanley Cup

11-12 Last 12 games = 9-2-1 Lost in 1st round

So, maybe they're gonna mix it up and lose their way into the playoffs since 3 out of 4 seasons it didn't work?  I'm all for it.

Thanks for Exhibit A of evidence as to why being "hot" or playing well in the weeks leading up to the playoffs does not matter.  This is why I give no credence to dumb statements made by JMurphy (ESPN sucks by the way) and others that indicate the Bruins will be a first round exit.  There simply is no basis.  

The only strong trend out there is that you need is to finish in the Top 4 of your conference.  Only two #5 seeds and one #8 seed have won the Cup in the past 25 years.  

Bottom line:  The B's could lose all of their remaining games and still have as good a chance as the Penguins or any other Top 4 seed contender.  It all depends on matchups, hot goaltending, a few breaks, a few hot forwards, and health.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Haha. The OP called Chara "Lurch"...Thats just as funny the 1031st time as it was the first time.

When i say just as, I mean, never.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to ColonCampbell's comment:

A few tweets from J.Murphy who covers the Bs on espn:

--If the Bruins think theiy're going to just flip the switch on in playoffs, they either know something we don't or they're in denial

--This Bruins team has to be one of the most fragile I've covered. Hard to believe considering the skill and character there but yikes!

EXACTAMUNDO.

Hmmm, when I say this people, uh, cry.

Gregorys Daddy knows how to flip the switch. It just takes one call to Terry Gregson (no more emails)

Go B'S Go

Your act is getting old NULL, you have been reported.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

In response to bruinsow's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

6 games in 9 nights with a playoff spot already locked... how much effort would you give as a player or expect as a coach?

Wow, this team has played like a playoff DNQ since March and there's still people handing out total passes and excuses.

Why do you even watch the games if its so obvious the bruins are "gutless,have no heart" and will be knocked out in 4 games guaranteed. It's so annoying to hear you complain constanthow about how "bad"they are. Wheb thats all you do, you have nothing to contribute.

And what are you "contributing?" They are TIRED? They have INJURIES? They are in second, they are really, really goooood?

How about you put me on ignore if I hurt your feelings?

By the way, they are gutless, have no heart, and they stink. Oh, they might last 5 games if they don't play the Rangers.

All I'm saying is that you just keep repeating the same old thing over and over again. This is a lot of the same team that won the Cup two years ago. If they were so gutless then why did they overcome two 0-2 deficits and lose their best forward (Bergeron) and most clutch player (Horton) for a few games and win the Cup. I'm not arguing that the Bruins haven't played horrible for a while now, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop watching the games or want to hear you railing on them after every game. It isn't doing anything to complain about them. If you were offering up a reasonable solution to their problems then it would be constructive, but all your doing is complaining and calling them gutless. Why do you have to try to make everyone as miserable as you obviously are?

Sections
Shortcuts