one of many reasons to like andrew ference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

one of many reasons to like andrew ference

This is what he tweeted today. Really made me feel better:

Just put the kids to bed, they were a couple blocks away today and got pretty scared.Tough to know what to say to them on a night like this.

Told them that although there might be a bad person out there, we saw thousands who ran to help.Way more good people in this world than bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: one of many reasons to like andrew ference

Ference is a class act.  He went out of his way to help someone I know when no one was looking.  Heart of gold.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Good guy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

it really sounds like it. also, class act by MTL to have a moment of silence tonight

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Just put the kids to bed, they were a couple blocks away today and got pretty scared.Tough to know what to say to them on a night like this.

Told them that although there might be a bad person out there, we saw thousands who ran to help.Way more good people in this world than bad.

So true.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Love this guy.  Met him a few times too.  I understand that this forum and hockey fans in general will rate players on the basis of their on-ice talents, but days like today you appreciate the other stuff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Truer words...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Surprised someone from Vancouver has offered the person(s) responsible a free round of golf yet

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Surprised someone from Vancouver has offered the person(s) responsible a free round of golf yet

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Class act, so many were also struggling to do the same last night.  He summarized what all those parents were saying to their children.  

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Andrew has always been a stand up guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TitleTown11's comment:

That was probably supposed to be funny.  There is nothing funny about what happened.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I am aware NAS. I was there. I am having trouble directing my anger at the moment. Don't police me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Leave.  Please.  Personal pot shots towards Vancouver when we are talking about something positive is unwarranted and not wanted here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I am aware NAS. I was there. I am having trouble directing my anger at the moment. Don't police me.

Everyone around boston is feeling anger.  Dont make a mockery of the city by stooping to make unneccassry jokes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Ference has always been underrated because he isn't overly physical and he isn't overly offensive.

But there is a place in the NHL for someone who positions well , keeps his legs moving, and does all of the little things.

I have always liked Ference; however, I will admit that this year, he hasn't quite looked like himself.  Here's to hoping he breaks out of it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

My apologies. That was not my intent. From what I have seen, heard, and read - every city has pledged their support and prayers. As I said previously, I am feeling angry and sad this morning. Again, my apolgies for the poorly placed comment.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Hey man, everyones a little angry today.  

Today especially, everyone in the city of Boston needs to remember to smile to eachother, be nice, hold doors open for other people etc.  Hate breeds more hate. We need LESS hate in the world, not more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanneyJoyce. Show JanneyJoyce's posts

Should do all those things anyway. But I understand where you are coming from.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to JanneyJoyce's comment:

Should do all those things anyway. But I understand where you are coming from.

No arguments here.  Which is why I said today especially.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hard to trade a guy that speaks like this:

Pretty heavy room today, a lot of the B's feeling helpless following yesterday. Ference said they're always proud to call Boston home...^

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ference has been a solid addition to the bruins. That said, plus applause for his social comments and commitments, he is slowing from prior injuries and age. Neither Bartkowski or Krug have his experience, but both are faster, and move thepuck up better. Claude will have a challenge on his hands.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Fer is a great and respected person of the community, raised properly to give that helping hand.  He also has the respect of his coaches and teammates as he is wearing the A for the team.

He has many good hockey qualities but they are deteriorating, it is time for him to take a seat.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Another great tweet:

The Batman @TheBatman 2h

When Gotham needs a hero they look to Batman. When Boston needs a hero they just look to the person standing next to them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Another great tweet:

The Batman @TheBatman 2h

When Gotham needs a hero they look to Batman. When Boston needs a hero they just look to the person standing next to them.

The best!

In the middle of all the emotions that come from such a tragedy, I couldn't help but feel heartened and a sense of pride as I watched videos of people running TOWARDS the blasts. That is what Boston is. That is what we are about in this country. Guess what terrorists?....you lose. All you did yesterday was make us stronger.

Sections
Shortcuts