One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin

He really impressed me tonight ...played physical , made some good passes........he is really getting there ...Recchi is a true leader ..Horton and Looch had a great game ...Marchand and Bergeron as well ....Chara imposed respect and TT what more can we say about the best Bruins goalie ever.......

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Re: One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin

Somebody is looking to be on the playoff roster.  Looks like watching a few games from the press box did some good.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Stanley - We can see more and more that he's finding his way.  I very much look forward to when he further develops his skills and connects them to what we've already seen him that rocket speed of his.  That kid can fly.  He's going to make many defenders nervous if he hasn't began to do so already.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

him and Nathan will shine in the playoffs

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

i agree seguin is slowly becoming more consistant.....i really like the effort the bruins are bringing every game lately..not always winning results but  i love the effort... it has to be tough at this time of the year knowing you are in the playoffs...as a fan i know myself im pretty relaxed knowing that win or lose it isnt the end of the world...so i can bet it must be tough to be all gung ho as a player

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Give him some open ice, he is fun to watch... but he needs to be better along the boards (I've said before he needs about 10 more pounds of muscle.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Under rated skill - keeping the puck in the offensive zone. 
    Stealing the puck and forechecking.

When he is on the ice it just seems to me like the opposition can't get out of their own zone.

If you disagree with me about how effective he is at doing this, it just can't be denied that keeping the puck in the opposition's end gets you to win games.

I think he's been a bit snake bit because he and his line have been kept off the score board.

IMO - that's more effective than Kessel. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Other than one sequence on the PP where he did not take the hit to make a play... is game is coming along.  One thing is for sure Bs don't have too many guys who can break out with that speed!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I would say this game is a step in the right direction for Seguin.  He finished strong after making a couple of weak plays on the forecheck in the first period powerplay. 

I am really hoping this kid starts to get more comfortable and productive in time for the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The best part is that his play is beginning to carry his line and they are starting to get attention from the opposing team. This will relieve some of the pressure on the B's first two lines and put more pressure on the D leading to more chances. Not a bad thing. Depth is working in the B's favour....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin:[QUOTE]Give him some open ice, he is fun to watch... but he needs to be better along the boards (I've said before he needs about 10 more pounds of muscle.)
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

^Yep

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I said it on a different thread but I'll say it again here. I thought it was a great forecheck leading up to the winner. He's always had great skills but his physical play has come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of months.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

It is good to see him play with some jam...taking the body and forcing the play. His speed is very impressive and some of his passes remind me of Savvy. He is beginning to realize that he cannot stick handle through everyone...and now the passing aspect of his game is beginning to shine. I am not seeing so many blind passes to the opposition. More defensive zone support. I would bet he is a better overall player than most other rookies in the NHL. Not as many minutes this year, but betterand more carefully developed. Watch out next season...
    Doc

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

was at the game last night and u can really see so much more at a live game than on tv... Seguin played well but he did have a few turnovers here and there.  Its good to see its not gettin in his head though as his play definately got better as the game went on.  I think he needs to develop a bit more patience with the puck gives it up a second too early sometimes. otherwise he looks great and his one timer is awesome was watchin him practice in warmups. got to utilize that on the pp.  Lookin forward to his improvement

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Adding ten pounds of muscle in the off-season is what he needs.  He's likely never "*had* to go into the dirty areas and get bounced around before because he's always been the guy on the ice who could skate into and around everyone else without getting hit.  Now it's demanded of him on a nightly basis - you don't hit and muck it up, you don't play -  and you call tell he's not comfortable with it (e.g. the play two nights ago when he shied away from the hit on the forecheck with Recchi and turned the puck over, leading to a goal at our end)...but slowly he's forcing himself to be more assertive in those areas. 

I think this was a lot of the calculus that went into Edmonton's decision to pick Hall over Seguin.  Hall is already built like a fireplug and throws himself at people like Ovechkin does.  He can get put into a situation where he's playing 20-22 minutes a game and not worry about getting beaten to a pulp.  Seguin's still very much a teenager in that regard, and if he can add 10-15 pounds of meat in his upper body he'll be a force.  Reminds me of Dean Youngblood before Rakki took out Patrick Swayze.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

I think one of the grestest improvements lately has been the Power Play pressure.  It hasn't be a momentum sucker like it has been earlier this year.  Its not just that its producing PP goals, but solid chances that brings confidence to the B's.  Seguin's play on that second unit has been apart of that.

The leagues best 5 on 5 team now has a dangerous Power Play!!

That, along with the 3rd line creating chances and getting offensive zone pressure has this team rolling at the right time.

Now if they can just keep the PK playing strong, the B's are going to be very dangerous.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

It was fun watching him and Marchand on the PP. ENERGY! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

"It was fun watching him and Marchand on the PP. ENERGY!" 

My thoughts exactly!...it was pretty ballsy of CJ to put them out there so late with the game on the line. Just shows you the confidence he has in the youngsters....bring on the Playoffs!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

At the time, I hated losing Kessel because despite his lack of defense at times, he was the sniper on offense that the Bruins need. He would have scored 40-plus goals in his last year with Boston had he not missed 10 games.

But in the long run, I'm glad the Bruins have Seguin. Kessel appears to be going backward. His stats were down last year in the same number of games that he played the year before in Boston. This year, his stats are about the same as last year (one less goal, three mroe assists, two more points) but he has played in six more games.

Seguin on the other hand is having a solid rookie year, and I believe has tremendous upside. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a dramatic improvement next year with his offensive stats.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Also, Seguin is good at the shootouts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

A few weeks back I posted that I thought Seguin had not improved since the start of the year.
    What a difference from that time till now. He has gotten over some of his timid play and is getting more involved.
    His play during the 2nd period was really fun to watch. Besides the offensive flurry that his line had the thing that I enjoyed about his play was when on the backcheck he threw a shoulder into Hartnell and levelled him.
    He looks more confident in his play right now more then at any time this season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Something that I noticed while watching the highlights of last nights game.. It looks like Seguin got a tip on Seidenberg's shot that led to Marchand's goal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin:
    [QUOTE]A few weeks back I posted that I thought Seguin had not improved since the start of the year. What a difference from that time till now. He has gotten over some of his timid play and is getting more involved. His play during the 2nd period was really fun to watch. Besides the offensive flurry that his line had the thing that I enjoyed about his play was when on the backcheck he threw a shoulder into Hartnell and levelled him. He looks more confident in his play right now more then at any time this season.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Hartnell obviously was not expecting the hit...hehehe.

I  thought he would get back up and challenge Seguin to a fight, Hartnell style with visor still on and nothing but a wrestling match. I guess he could not find him after....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin : Hartnell obviously was not expecting the hit...hehehe. I  thought he would get back up and challenge Seguin to a fight, Hartnell style with visor still on and nothing but a wrestling match. I guess he could not find him after....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

He wouldn't have caught him if he could find him!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin : He wouldn't have caught him if he could find him!
    Posted by mb30[/QUOTE]

His hair likely obstructs his vision which may account for him not being able to hit the net with his shots last night....lol.

Actually, I think he cut it for charity so good on him....

Sections
Shortcuts