One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin

Hartnell would have to go through Chara, Lucic, Thornton, Horton, McQuaid, Campbell, etc to get at Seguin... lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin:
    Something that I noticed while watching the highlights of last nights game.. It looks like Seguin got a tip on Seidenberg's shot that led to Marchand's goal.
    Posted by mb30

I thought the same thing when I watched the play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Re: One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin : I thought the same thing when I watched the play.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Kind of baffled me that Jack and Brick didn't even consider it... he was clearly in the lane and clearly attempted the tip.  And when it happened live I could swear I actually heard the puck hit the stick.. oh well, no love for the Rookie getting to the front of the net.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin : Kind of baffled me that Jack and Brick didn't even consider it... he was clearly in the lane and clearly attempted the tip.  And when it happened live I could swear I actually heard the puck hit the stick.. oh well, no love for the Rookie getting to the front of the net.
    Posted by mb30

It seemed like his tip led to the puck changing direction and handcuffing Boucher,which led to a rebound.I thought it was odd because Jack and Brick did mention a scoring change on 1 of Recchi's earlier milestone points.It looks to me like the official scorers may go back and take another assist from Rex.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Re: One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin : It seemed like his tip led to the puck changing direction and handcuffing Boucher,which led to a rebound.I thought it was odd because Jack and Brick did mention a scoring change on 1 of Recchi's earlier milestone points.It looks to me like the official scorers may go back and take another assist from Rex.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agreed, there's no way an NHL goalie would have trouble with a shot like that unless it changed direction.  Looks like he had a clear view of the shot as well.  I thought the same thing to myself when they had mentioned the point getting taken away last time.. oh well, the old man will get the record eventually. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin : Agreed, there's no way an NHL goalie would have trouble with a shot like that unless it changed direction.  Looks like he had a clear view of the shot as well.  I thought the same thing to myself when they had mentioned the point getting taken away last time.. oh well, the old man will get the record eventually. 
    Posted by mb30

I've no doubt Recchi will pass a few more people before he packs it in.He's like a Timex watch out there.Another solid trade by PC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Under rated skill - keeping the puck in the offensive zone.  Stealing the puck and forechecking. When he is on the ice it just seems to me like the opposition can't get out of their own zone. If you disagree with me about how effective he is at doing this, it just can't be denied that keeping the puck in the opposition's end gets you to win games. I think he's been a bit snake bit because he and his line have been kept off the score board. IMO - that's more effective than Kessel. 
    Posted by BadHabitude

completely agree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This is what I *love* about this kid.

It looks like an optional: 54, 11, 73, 19, 47, 34, 23 and 40 are skating with coaches Houda, Jarvis and Ward.

Optional skates, the kid is always there.  I just freakin love it.

As an old washed up never has been hockey player, it warms my heart that this kid with tons of god given talent clearly appreciates he's there and is working at it.

And it bothers me to death and t no end that a kid with tons of god given speed and a great snap shot disses his coach when he tells him which way the weight room is.

As one coach said to me that the difference between scoring and hitting the post can be as small as one eight of an inch and to think about that in practice, in training or when your buddies ask you if you want a beer.  The first thing on your mind should always be the question "Will this make me a better player."

That's what I love to see.  Makes me feel that much better when I plunk down my hard earned cash for a game that I'm not going to be watching some spoiled prima donna, but a kid with a ton of talent AND works hard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: One of the Best player tonight Tyler Seguin : Hartnell obviously was not expecting the hit...hehehe. I  thought he would get back up and challenge Seguin to a fight, Hartnell style with visor still on and nothing but a wrestling match. I guess he could not find him after....
    Posted by jmwalters

hahah I remember seeing that. I thought the exact same thing, hartnell is gonna get up and try to fight him.  For some reason though, I feel like if Hartnell challenged Seguin to a fight someone like Lucic or Thornton woulda jumped the boards and chased him down.  Although it's never a bad thing to let a kid get into a fight just so people know he won't back down, I wouldn't want to see it in this case, especially with Hall's (sorta) freak injury while fighting.  I really wouldn't want to see that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Also, Seguin is good at the shootouts.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Good? He is excellent and probably their best threat. Isn't 4 out of 7 or something sick like that??

Sections
Shortcuts