(One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns

I can't reply to posts for some reason, but true. I was sort of expecting Scott to be chasing around Lucic and Chara, but I doubt Ruff would trust him out on the ice at the same time as the Bruins top line, and Chara won't really be on the ice against the other teams fourth line. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ah look at Horton as he flips Evander Kane, now that is upper body strength in my book.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

If Thornton is a Skating Clown, then guys like

Alex Burrows, Hartnell, and Matt Cooke are Rodeo Clowns---they can put on a good show, run around, agitate.... BUT they will always hide in the barrell when the bull is coming. 

I hate the Rodeo Clowns much more than the skating clowns.

By the way, Raffi Torres is an Azz Clown

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns:
    [QUOTE]If Thornton is a Skating Clown, then guys like Alex Burrows, Hartnell, and Matt Cooke are Rodeo Clowns---they can put on a good show, run around, agitate.... BUT they will always hide in the barrell when the bull is coming.  I hate the Rodeo Clowns much more than the skating clowns. By the way, Raffi Torres is an Azz Clown
    Posted by lucdufour[/QUOTE]

Hartnell has 57 NHL fights.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]But Bleacher Report says he's one of the Bruins most important players!  They would be lost if they didn't have him to beat up Big Bad Barch, it's crucial to get him off the ice for 5 minutes. ...Sarcasm. Imagine if the refs today would have let two players continue to fight while down on the ice, then get back up and start swinging again. Someone would probably end up with a "concussion". I like an emotional fight, but we rarely see them cause Shawn seems to be buddies with everyone he fights. Lucic/Komisarek, Marchand/Subban, McQuaid/Torres, McQuaid/White, Seidenberg/Armstrong are the only good ones I can think of from this past season.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

The Mcquaid beatdown on Torres was the winner, he had that coming, and got it.
     Man, I really hope McQuaid is healthy - Chara turning Shelly into a human bobblehead and Lucic abusing Prust and Gaustad weren't the most emotional, but got me all jacked up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqml4UsVVA4

The good old days. Gotta love Stan

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqml4UsVVA4 The good old days. Gotta love Stan
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

I'm not impressed by that display from Jonathan at all.  He cheapshots a guy who isn't even paying attention, then isn't doing so well in the fight, so he grabs his opponent by the pants, dumps him and throws some punches.

That's not a "wow, great Bruin" video at all in my eyes in the least bit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]If Thornton is a Skating Clown, then guys like Alex Burrows, Hartnell, and Matt Cooke are Rodeo Clowns---they can put on a good show, run around, agitate.... BUT they will always hide in the barrell when the bull is coming.  I hate the Rodeo Clowns much more than the skating clowns. By the way, Raffi Torres is an Azz Clown
    Posted by lucdufour[/QUOTE]

I hate Matt Cooke, but I dont remember him hiding from anyone, especially Shawn Thornton.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : I'm not impressed by that display from Jonathan at all.  He cheapshots a guy who isn't even paying attention, then isn't doing so well in the fight, so he grabs his opponent by the pants, dumps him and throws some punches. That's not a "wow, great Bruin" video at all in my eyes in the least bit.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I didn't post it to impress you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : I didn't post it to impress you.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

No one said you did.  In reference to that video, can you tell me why you are clearly impressed by Jonathan?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : I'm not impressed by that display from Jonathan at all.  He cheapshots a guy who isn't even paying attention, then isn't doing so well in the fight, so he grabs his opponent by the pants, dumps him and throws some punches. That's not a "wow, great Bruin" video at all in my eyes in the least bit. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Man do you manipulate videos the way you want to see them. Lets start with the first instance were you need to be re-diagnosed for better glasses. Jonathan has his back turned to Dupont after both players barely bump each other along the boards right after the whistle blows. Jonathan touches Dupont's left arm with his elbow no wear near Dupont's head, clearly not a cheapshot whatsoever.

Dupont waits for the refs to come over then shoves a much shorter, smaller Jonathan. No that isn't weak at all. Third player in Bridgeman shoves Jonathan and starts the fight. Jonathan lands more blows has had enough probably because he is tired from taking on two players, gets the additional 2 points for the takedown.

I am now most certainly convinced that gnomes and goblins used to chase you in your dreams as kid. "Ahhh help Jonathan and Marchand are scary maanstas, short people bother me!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : I hate Matt Cooke, but I dont remember him hiding from anyone, especially Shawn Thornton.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel, he certainly hid behind his shield in that "fight".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : No one said you did.  In reference to that video, can you tell me why you are clearly impressed by Jonathan?

Actually I thought it was a fun clip to watch. It's some players on teams that truly disliked each other. Also there was no such thing as a dirty hit on Dupont. I thought Stan did just fine against Mel Bridgeman who was a pretty tough guy. I love that Stan was fearless and wouldn't backdown from anyone and didn't there, considering he started it all. Plenty of players would've let the refs intervene, back then and today.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : Man do you manipulate videos the way you want to see them. Lets start with the first instance were you need to be re-diagnosed for better glasses. Jonathan has his back turned to Dupont after both players barely bump each other along the boards right after the whistle blows. Jonathan touches Dupont's left arm with his elbow no wear near Dupont's head, clearly not a cheapshot whatsoever. Dupont waits for the refs to come over then shoves a much shorter, smaller Jonathan. No that isn't weak at all. Third player in Bridgeman shoves Jonathan and starts the fight. Jonathan lands more blows has had enough probably because he is tired from taking on two players, gets the additional 2 points for the takedown. I am now most certainly convinced that gnomes and goblins used to chase you in your dreams as kid. "Ahhh help Jonathan and Marchand are scary maanstas, short people bother me!"
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?  What two players did Jonathan take on?

In a hockey fight, there is no extra credit for wrestling moves. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : Kel, he certainly hid behind his shield in that "fight".
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Right Dez, but he did answer the bell, he didnt hide like Luc said he did. I hate him, but I hate when people falsify stuff to get a point across.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : Right Dez, but he did answer the bell, he didnt hide like Luc said he did. I hate him, but I hate when people falsify stuff to get a point across.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I hate Cooke like the rest of you do, but he certainly didn't hide that night.  In fact, he came over the boards and skated directly to Thornton.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : I hate Cooke like the rest of you do, but he certainly didn't hide that night.  In fact, he came over the boards and skated directly to Thornton.

That fight did nothing for the Bruins.  I thought it gave Pitt more of an edge.  Should have happened the night Savy went down.  So Cooke ends a career, then comes in and fights the Bruins biggest ape and skates away and its all over.  I'm sure Savy is impressed.  They have played numerous times since.  I like how Domi treated Ulf. Pure sucker punch...and I loved it.  Run at players knees...get sucker punched.  Bottom line for me is no one did their job when he was blasted by Cooke.  ST is paid to protect...he failed.

I think Cooke was even laughing when he left the ice. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : That fight did nothing for the Bruins.  I thought it gave Pitt more of an edge.  Should have happened the night Savy went down.  So Cooke ends a career, then comes in and fights the Bruins biggest ape and skates away and its all over.  I'm sure Savy is impressed.  They have played numerous times since.  I like how Domi treated Ulf. Pure sucker punch...and I loved it.  Run at players knees...get sucker punched.  Bottom line for me is no one did their job when he was blasted by Cooke.  ST is paid to protect...he failed. I think Cooke was even laughing when he left the ice. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more, which is exactly why I was comparing this to Buffalo's repsonse to the dirty Neil hit on Drury.  It wasn't classy, or polite, or fair to the Senators best players, which made it the desired response in my opinion.

Stafford at least maned-up and fought Neil immediately, which was really no punishment for Neil, but showed that the Sabres cared.  Then, Chris Neil had to sit in the penalty box and watch Spezza get jumped by goons at the faceoff and then witness his goalie have to fight Andrew Peters, all while Ruff screamed and pointed from the bench.  They cared and they showed it.  It was a nasty, ugly reaction -- just as nasty and ugly as the hit. 

It's what the Bruins should have done.  Cooke got off easy.  Imagine if Crosby/Fleury got treated the way Spezza/Emery did -- Cooke wouldn't have been smiling.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : I hate Cooke like the rest of you do, but he certainly didn't hide that night.  In fact, he came over the boards and skated directly to Thornton.

And this speaks volumes about Shawn Thornton as well. It tells me he is not feared by many if any players at all.

If this happened to a star player while say Boogard was there, does anyone think Cooke would have skated over to him to get it over with.  I don't think so, because he would have had much more fear knowing he would have received a bigger beating.

I'm with you on the role of an enforcer, but if a team feels the need to have one for the sole purpose of protecting your key players, then have one that makes people think twice before hitting them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : And this speaks volumes about Shawn Thornton as well. It tells me he is not feared by many if any players at all. if a team feels the need to have one for the sole purpose of protecting your key players, then have one that makes people think twice before hitting them. Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I don't like the fact that Julien feels the need to play Thornton every night but I haven't really seen Shawn get his A** handed to him so much so that teams have no fear of him. Niether Shelley nor Boogaard destroyed Thornton in there most recent bouts.

Me thinks players like Ott and Avery try to get players like Lucic, Chara, Horton or McQuaid off the ice with a cheap shot because they know those players will throw em plus have tempers. They end up meeting Thornton though.

One thing I would like to see is Thornton do is throw them to win more instead clutch n dance, clutch n dance.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : I don't like the fact that Julien feels the need to play Thornton every night but I haven't really seen Shawn get his A** handed to him so much so that teams have no fear of him. Niether Shelley nor Boogaard destroyed Thornton in there most recent bouts. Me thinks players like Ott and Avery try to get players like Lucic, Chara, Horton or McQuaid off the ice with a cheap shot because they know those players will throw em plus have tempers. They end up meeting Thornton though. One thing I would like to see is Thornton do is throw them to win more instead clutch n dance, clutch n dance.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    You're right San. Too often, Thornton is trying to win fights on points.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : Couldn't agree more, which is exactly why I was comparing this to Buffalo's repsonse to the dirty Neil hit on Drury.  It wasn't classy, or polite, or fair to the Senators best players, which made it the desired response in my opinion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaeURPkJTKc    Stafford at least maned-up and fought Neil immediately, which was really no punishment for Neil, but showed that the Sabres cared.  Then, Chris Neil had to sit in the penalty box and watch Spezza get jumped by goons at the faceoff and then witness his goalie have to fight Andrew Peters, all while Ruff screamed and pointed from the bench.  They cared and they showed it.  It was a nasty, ugly reaction -- just as nasty and ugly as the hit.  It's what the Bruins should have done.  Cooke got off easy.  Imagine if Crosby/Fleury got treated the way Spezza/Emery did -- Cooke wouldn't have been smiling.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I agree...Buffalo handled their business that night.  Its exactly what Boston should have done...5 guys go on the ice....Beat on every good Penguin that steps on the ice.

Buffalo getting Scott is a concern for me.  He was looking for Chara last year.  Buffalo has added muscle for one purpose.  I hope Scott plays lots and we win games.  But Thornton better be able to back up his words that he used in the media after Scott called him out.  He sure didnt look interested in fighting him last year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns : You're right San. Too often, Thornton is trying to win fights on points.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

And, as everyone knows, you get two points for the takedown.

And you also get 25 points for being sure not to hurt the guy you are FIGHTING.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/63182

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: (One of the many reasons) Why I Hate Skating Clowns :  But Thornton better be able to back up his words that he used in the media after Scott called him out.  He sure didnt look interested in fighting him last year. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Do you think Boogaard was tougher than Scott ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'd like Thornton to be meaner and nastier all around.  I think he believes is role is only to respond to opponents chippy play and protect his teammates.  But if you're going to use a roster spot on him, I like to see him initiate some trouble too.  He should try to intimidate and irritate opponents instead of being such a gentlemen of 'the code'.  Snow the goalie, hit the star players, target the top two d-men of the opponent and pester them.  I thought Thornton was great in the Stanley Cup because he was asking Bieksa to fight on every shift, which really seemed to bother him and wear him down.  I don't have much respect for the role of the enforcer, but if you have one, you might as well get the most out of them.

And if something like the Matt Cooke hit happens, he should be dragged from the rink by the police.

Sections
Shortcuts