One Small Change

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: One Small Change

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Stop doing that God forsaken "woo" after goals in Boston.

No spot lights on goalies after goals scored.

In short, attempt to bring a little big of dignity back to the game.

I ike the "woo!" and I like the "FU Swiss Cheese" spotlight!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I ike the "woo!" and I like the "FU Swiss Cheese" spotlight!

And I like shutouts - bigger goalie equpment - much bigger!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I wish there were coaches challenge's allowed (1) per game in regular season & (2) during the play-offs.

Instigator rule ABOLISHED! You'd see less stars getting hit with cheap shots & the punks would be no more! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Let the goalies play the puck.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Better sticks or do away with the broken stick slash.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

No business trips during the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Let the goalies play the puck. 

They get paid to much for that, let the Dmen clean up lazy line-change dump ins...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If a puck can go off your buttocks and go in the net then why not let kicking the puck in the net.  The reviews drive me nuts. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

If a puck can go off your buttocks and go in the net then why not let kicking the puck in the net.  The reviews drive me nuts. 

Isla, I truly think it would lead to increased injuries although I'd be in favour of allowing use of the skate as long as the blade stays on the ice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I would change the unbalanced point system.  Games should be worth two points or three.  I personally like a two point system, winner take all. 

Somewhat separately, During the regular season, I would have a 10 minute sudden death.  Unresolved games would be ties.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'd switch up some of the music played in arenas.  Outside of a few exceptions (Chicago's Chelsea Dagger goal song comes to mind) I seem to hear a lot of the same tunes.  Like it's a league-wide soundtrack.  The Bruins and Leafs both use Zombie Nation as their goal songs. 

Instead of Song 2, Crazy Train, Let's Get It Started, Rock and Roll Pt. 2 and Welcome To The Jungle I'd play stuff like Interstate Love Song, Back Where You Belong by 38. Special, Vaseline, Pride and Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughan and for the Bruins' goal song loop Hip Hop Hooray by Naughty By Nature or Rock and Roll Band by Boston.  Maybe My Own Way To Rock by Burton Cummings.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd allow teams to keep 3 goalies on the roster, have the third goalie be from the minor league affilate (alot of them have 3) and that goalie does not count against the cap. You can even rotate the minor league goalies throughout the year. The reason: Every now and then we see a team lose it's starting goalie in warm ups or early in the game and are forced to dress someone. In some instances it's been the equipment guy, a college goalie int he area etc...I'd hate to see a game lost because of this or a guy who has no business being in an NHL net get hurt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I'd allow teams to keep 3 goalies on the roster, have the third goalie be from the minor league affilate (alot of them have 3) and that goalie does not count against the cap. You can even rotate the minor league goalies throughout the year. The reason: Every now and then we see a team lose it's starting goalie in warm ups or early in the game and are forced to dress someone. In some instances it's been the equipment guy, a college goalie int he area etc...I'd hate to see a game lost because of this or a guy who has no business being in an NHL net get hurt.

When you pay someone 7m per year for 8 yrs they better not get hurt or ever need to come out.  If so get tape and ropes and tie him in.    

Problem with this suggestion is that most backups dont get enough playing time.  To have 3 would waste and rot that goalie.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

I hate when they switch camera angles during the play, especially the "behind the net on a powerplay" angle.  Different camera angles should be used for replays only.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

The 'behind-the-net' camera angle drives me nuts too. Too close to see the play developing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Better sticks or do away with the broken stick slash.

Agree.

Go back to the tougher wooden sticks.

The player gives up some power in their shot, but coupled with a reduction of goalie equipment and a return to non- kevlar shoulder/elbow padding, could we see less injuries, status quo scoring AND a reduction of those one and done slapshot broken sticks?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

When you pay someone 7m per year for 8 yrs they better not get hurt or ever need to come out.  If so get tape and ropes and tie him in.    

Problem with this suggestion is that most backups dont get enough playing time.  To have 3 would waste and rot that goalie.  

[/QUOTE]

Thats why I suggested rotating the goalies from the farm team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Any fan who says "shoot" during a power play will be ejected from the rink immediately and with prejudice.

Omg that would be the best change ever!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

One thing I would change is the dumb trapezoids in the corners behind the net. Also make the goalie crease bigger or what it use to be. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Small change?

Looser/thinner mesh on the nets.

To make goals look bigger...more...dramatic.

There are so few goals. When the puck goes in, the mesh should 'explode' so everyone in the building knows it.

(I liken it to the nets in European soccer , or the mesh on a basketball rim after a 'nothing-but-net, 3 pointer)

I know the puck can get 'hung up' on the bottom back of the net, but so what.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

One small change only?

Definitely thinner goalie shin pads.  I would trim 1" to bring them back to 10".  They were 10", ballooned up to 12", then post lockout in '05 they trimmed 1" to 11".  Take off that additional inch, modern tech should be able to keep them safe.  Removing another inch would create several square feet of additional shooting area and do wonders to increase scoring and up the game tempo.

If I could throw in a few other small changes it would be to change non-goalie padding to soft pads - nothing hard.  Maybe shin pads, but that's it.  I would also revert to wood and possibly two-piece sticks with wood blades.  No more one-piece composite.

Pretty much everything else with the game is fine, as long as they call hooking and obstruction properly.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

Small change?

Looser/thinner mesh on the nets.

To make goals look bigger...more...dramatic.

There are so few goals. When the puck goes in, the mesh should 'explode' so everyone in the building knows it.

(I liken it to the nets in European soccer , or the mesh on a basketball rim after a 'nothing-but-net, 3 pointer)

I know the puck can get 'hung up' on the bottom back of the net, but so what.

I hate soccer and basketball.  hockey doesnt need fireworks after a goal.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

Not sure if someone has said this or not.  But in reference to Home and Home series I believe all back to back games should be home and home.  That way both teams travel the same distance and play each other on the backend game.  This would create more tough games and more rivalry other than the norms.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I'd switch up some of the music played in arenas.  Outside of a few exceptions (Chicago's Chelsea Dagger goal song comes to mind) I seem to hear a lot of the same tunes.  Like it's a league-wide soundtrack.  The Bruins and Leafs both use Zombie Nation as their goal songs. 

Instead of Song 2, Crazy Train, Let's Get It Started, Rock and Roll Pt. 2 and Welcome To The Jungle I'd play stuff like Interstate Love Song, Back Where You Belong by 38. Special, Vaseline, Pride and Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughan and for the Bruins' goal song loop Hip Hop Hooray by Naughty By Nature or Rock and Roll Band by Boston.  Maybe My Own Way To Rock by Burton Cummings.

After the Bruins score they play a different song then the Leafs... Leafs have used several different ones and the Bruins have used the same one for a few years now...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Not for the NHL, but specifically for The B's and NESN. Like to see someone between the glass on all Bruins games. Really enjoy hearing what's going on at ice level, and a feel for what's happening on the bench. Also, I'd imagine there's no way to get the access that HBO gets for that 24/7 deal , but even a taste of that insider coverage would be awesome to witness.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

First time I heard the "Ya-da da DA da, Ya-da da DU da, Ya-da da DAT da, Ya-da da DU da" part of the Black Keys song "Howling for You", I thought it would be a perfect goal song.

We did that thread a few years ago on goal songs/arena music.  Best suggestion might have been working Bottle of Smoke in and seeing if the Censors could figure out what Shane's singing well enough to bleep the right words at the right time.

Are you not entertained?!?!

Sections
Shortcuts