One Week to Go. The Big Playoff Question?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

One Week to Go. The Big Playoff Question?

We won the Cup Final without Horton. Can we get into the Cup final without him?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If we get into the Final, ring up another one boys!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Re: One Week to Go. The Big Playoff Question?

We didn't have Seguin last year (except few flasehs against the Bolts)... We have him this year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Shaping up to be the same story as last year, which is a good thing.

1. There were specific games won on the backs of players that dominated for one game (Krejci vs Flyers, Seguin vs Bolts, Ryder vs. Canadiens, Thomas vs Canucks).

2. There were games won on timely goals by role players (Kelly, Ference, Peverly come to mind).

3. The most talented players did what they needed to do a the right moment (Chara-Seids shutting down the top line, Bergeron in just about every game 6 and 7, Thomas big in deciding games, Horton x3).

4. Unsung heroes stepped up to make a huge difference in several games (Marchand, Recchi, 4th line for energy, Ference-Boychuck pairing, stellar PK play).

So I'm ok with Horton being out...as long as the rest of them remember that any given night their play could be the difference. The Bs have the ability to go far as long as any one player doesn't let them down with a horrible game or big mistakes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm not ready to look towards June just yet.  Let's close out these last few games with solid play, stay healthy, and prepare for Round 1's opponent.

Goaltending, team defense, health and compete level get teams deep into the playoffs.  I hope they have all four, but there are no guarantees.  Crossing my fingers though and I can't wait to get the playoffs cranked up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"1. There were specific games won on the backs of players that dominated for one game (Krejci vs Flyers, Seguin vs Bolts, Ryder vs. Canadiens, Thomas vs Canucks)."

Yah good point Asmaha. Certain players rise when the Bruins needed them the most and I don't have any reservations that this won't happen again. Horton will be missed if he can't go so it must be P00 and Rolston collectively, scary but not out of the question.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: One Week to Go. The Big Playoff Question?:
    "1. There were specific games won on the backs of players that dominated for one game (Krejci vs Flyers, Seguin vs Bolts, Ryder vs. Canadiens, Thomas vs Canucks)." Yah good point Asmaha. Certain players rise when the Bruins needed them the most and I don't have any reservations that this won't happen again. Horton will be missed if he can't go so it must be P00 and Rolston collectively, scary but not out of the question.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

...and it's not unlikely. I can see any number of guys taking over for one game. Outside the usual suspects (Looch, Krejci, Seguin and Bergeron), would it surprise anyone if Marchand, Kelly, Pouliot or Peverly played out of their minds for one game and got 2G and 1-2 assists? I can see it happening. I especially think Pouliot might surprise us. He can go into beast mode if so inclined, that line will get some favorable matchups, and Kelly/Rolston know how to protect the house and get him the puck in good positions.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to One Week to Go. The Big Playoff Question? : As long as Gregorys Daddys special teams with those striped shirts co-operate like they did last year...another tainted Cup could easily be on the horizon.  But i think League Marketing may dictate either LA or Nashville are this years chosen one.
    Posted by null

Haha, I can almost feel the anger your keyboard is taking nine months after the fact. I love it!
    Boo-hoo, they conspired and paid off the refs so my Canucks lost! It had nothing to do with the mental meltdown of Bobby Five Hole.

Hey, do you think someone paid off Gillis to trade Hodgson for Kassian? Because they suspect this in Buffalo. Now instead of having someone who can score you have someone who can take a stupid penalty the next time the sisters are pushed around so much they play scared enough to not get on the scoresheet.

Oh and your right, NBC would love to somehow get all things in order so that hockey hotbed and Americas Team Rating Juggernaut Nashville Predators find their way onto to NBC during sweeps weeks. At the NBC big-wig offices I'm sure they struggled with this one:

NBC Worker:Hey Boss, wouldnt it be great ratings if we had Crosby and Malkin going for the Cup?
    NBC Boss: Are you kidding, this country is dying for for a hero like David Legwand!!! Legwand = Ratings!!!!
    NBC Worker: Your right, not sure what I was thinking.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Hey Null, if Gregory Campbell is so important, why did the Panthers stink so badly for so long with him? You claim of "tainted cup" might make you feel better, but it doesn't bother me at all. As for the topic at hand, Horton, it's hard to forget that while certain players were clutch in certain games, he did score the three of the biggest goals of the playoffs: game 5&7 OT goals vs Montreal and game 7 vs TB

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If the NBC wanted t.v ratings they surely wouldn't have wanted the Nucks in the Cup final in the first place, how did Bettman and the NHL screw that up ?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to One Week to Go. The Big Playoff Question? : As long as Gregorys Daddys special teams with those striped shirts co-operate like they did last year...another tainted Cup could easily be on the horizon.  But i think League Marketing may dictate either LA or Nashville are this years chosen one.
    Posted by null

Chosen to be ground up in the Final by the Bruins. Sounds get to me.

Now, another question, for Null this time:

If the Bruins win it all again, will it send you off into the deep end?
    No, no, no, wait, you're already off the deep end. There is only one thing for you to do Null. Would you do it?

Would you become a referee?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I'm stoked to see the Bruins heading back for a chance to do something that hasn't been done in quite a while in the league; win back to back cups.

They have the talent (and more guys now with cup experience), but it's a tough road, and alot depends on matchups, injuries, some lucky/unlucky bounces, and as always, big contributions coming from players not normally expected from.

Best time of the year for hockey fans (well, at least for those that have a team that's made it.....sorry Leaf fans!)

GO BRUINS!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I'm stoked to see the Bruins heading back for a chance to do something that hasn't been done in quite a while in the league; win back to back cups. They have the talent (and more guys now with cup experience), but it's a tough road, and alot depends on matchups, injuries, some lucky/unlucky bounces, and as always, big contributions coming from players not normally expected from. Best time of the year for hockey fans (well, at least for those that have a team that's made it.....sorry Leaf fans!) GO BRUINS!!
    Posted by 4everbruins

And a shout out the Le Habitants!!

hahahaha

Next year, isn't that the saying

Sections
Shortcuts