One Word: BELIEVE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: One Word: BELIEVE!

The first problem is that the Bruins are way too nice with the Habs in general and most of all with Price.  No one even tried to drive to the net.  If the Habs do not want to drop the gloves you have to force them.  If they bump into Price the D will have to step in and that is our chance to give some beatings.  The Bruins are trying to be way too cute with those cross ice passes.  Everyone knows that the way to get around the trap is by dumping the puck in the corner and than finishing their checks to create some space for the cycle game.  Then when the puck goes back to the point if there is no lane just shoot wide hoping for a rebound in front.  In the meantime 2 guys have to drive hard in front of the net.  It is nothing complicate!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from terry24. Show terry24's posts

I've always loved the B's but as I've gotten older, I have opted to pass on the Causeway Street Kool-Aid. Too many riders on this team (no pun intended) and some really bad player and contract decisions by PC.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

In Response to Re: One Word: BELIEVE!:
    if all you guys dont think the bruins have a shot then all you guys are bandwagoners. whoopty doo, they lost the 1st 2 down 2-0, well that doesnt mean its over. they jus dug themselves into a huge hole. all of bostons sports are about belief, and faith, and having the great fan support. i can see why they dont win, we have a bunch of pessimistic people thinking the series is over. well its not. you know why? cuz montreal still has to win 2 games. once montreal wins those two games, or even if they do, then you guys can start whinning about julien and PC and everything else, but until then please, jus dont complain or whine and jus dont give up on our b's.
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09

YAY GO BRUINS!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

The only way to Believe is through actions. The Bruins would need to sweep the Habs in Montreal. Then I would believe. Until that happens its only a dream.

In Response to One Word: BELIEVE!:
    We did it in '04 with the red sox, why not with the b's? everyone of you fans needs to try and be optimistic until that final buzzer sounds and the season is officially over. its not even close to over. litterally yes they are only 120 minutes until the season could be over, but it wont be. everyone we gotta rally up behind this team, they need us more then every now. we all know the next 2 games are gunna be the toughest games of the whole year but with some faith and everyones negativity turned to positivity things could change. i made a lil inspirational video about and for the bruins. here it is.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c4ATC2zbeA enjoy, and remember BELIEVE!! and GO BRUINS!!!
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Any other team yes, Bs no.

Have they given you any reason to beleive?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

NAS!  You have to be kidding me, I just hope we score 2 more goals this series, nevermind win 4 out of 5.  This team, coach, and front office just don't have it.  Until changes happen to all 3, we are stuck in Bruins hell, again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

NAS!  You have to be kidding me, I just hope we score 2 more goals this series, nevermind win 4 out of 5.  This team, coach, and front office just don't have it.  Until changes happen to all 3, we are stuck in Bruins hell, again.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan

What does Nas have to do with this?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: One Word: BELIEVE! : Wow,you want to call a guy an idiot for refusing to believe a 7 game series is over after 2 games?Even DECENT  goaltending could've earned a split in these games.TT was shaky at best.He's playing the puck like it's a hot potato.Once he spots the Habs a 2-0 lead in each game,the game plan goes out the window,with the team forced to try and open up.I mean,he gave up 4 goals on the first 27 shots.Teams don't win with an effort like that in the playoffs.I expect a different lineup to hit the ice on Monday and I guess I'm an idiot too because I still expect them to come back and win.
    Posted by dezaruchi

You keep telling yourself they can win.

I'll be here when the series is over in 4 or 5 and you're still making excuses.

I predicted after game 1 that after they lost Saturday (i was right) Julien would finally insert Seguin into the lineup to get something going, but that it'll be too little too late w/too much pressure on the kid. I'll probably be right about that too...we'll see.

I have no doubt that coach clueless has a nifty idea up his sleeve for turning this series around. About as good as having your 4th line of tomato cans on the ice in the last 2:30 of a game trailing by 2.

It's time to finally admit the truth: This team is yet another in a long line of disappointing losers....but no, you go ahead and keep trying to convince yourself they;re the best bunch of guys ever.

and best of luck with that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

My hope is for the Bruins to raise their level of consistent playoff intensity.  The Habs haven't been overly impressive but have been aided by the B's own lack of commitment at times. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins87. Show bruins87's posts

I beliiiiiiieve i can flyyyyyyyyyyy
    I beliiiiiiieve i can touch the skyyyyy

That's a new song that Thomas recently add on his Ipod

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: One Word: BELIEVE! : Technically that's 3 words.  Still valid tho. I believe. I believe we have a coach who has clearly lost this team. I believe I have seen 2 of the worst games the Bruins have played this year. I believe I have seen the losing strategy of game 1, get used again for game 2. I believe this coach should have been fired after the Carolina series, much less than this series. I believe a coaching change is overdue.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Only, I wouldn't have fired him after carolina; but after a 3 game collapse...certainly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: One Word: BELIEVE! : You keep telling yourself they can win. I'll be here when the series is over in 4 or 5 and you're still making excuses. I predicted after game 1 that after they lost Saturday (i was right) Julien would finally insert Seguin into the lineup to get something going, but that it'll be too little too late w/too much pressure on the kid. I'll probably be right about that too...we'll see. I have no doubt that coach clueless has a nifty idea up his sleeve for turning this series around. About as good as having your 4th line of tomato cans on the ice in the last 2:30 of a game trailing by 2. It's time to finally admit the truth: This team is yet another in a long line of disappointing losers....but no, you go ahead and keep trying to convince yourself they;re the best bunch of guys ever. and best of luck with that.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Well I hope all your dreams can come true.Everyone who doesn't share your opinion is an idiot.Well played.......if only it wasn't a 7 game series.Then your constant doom and gloom would have some merit.You want to call other people out for being losers when it's you who has the loser's mentality.calling a series over because a team is facing adversity is the true cry of the loser.Speaking of excuses,when did I make any?The entire league is talking about the inconsistency of what's legal and what isn't.That's not an excuse.It's fact!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Dez, what are you talking about? The ref could give the bruins 20 power plays in one game and they probably wouldn't score a goal with Mr. Softshot, Caberlet Savignon. Don't blame the refs, blame the GM and coach. But your a Chia pet. I forgot!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dez, what are you talking about? The ref could give the bruins 20 power plays in one game and they probably wouldn't score a goal with Mr. Softshot, Caberlet Savignon. Don't blame the refs, blame the GM and coach. But your a Chia pet. I forgot!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

Look who's back,gracing us with his wit.Perhaps you can quote where I've "blamed the refs"?I picture you giggling like a 12 year old playing pac-man as you write your posts.Bravo that you've finally returned from your self-imposed hiatus(no one else cared).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: One Word: BELIEVE! : Yes,yes I do.You guys are acting like Boston has been outplayed in this series.If TT could manage even a decent save percentage this is a different series.He's only faced 46 shots but gave up 4 goals on the first 27 including opening minute goals in both games.The Montreal scoring chances have been few and far between.Unfortunately,shots from anywhere are now being misplayed into scoring chances.
    Posted by dezaruchi

so what you're saying is if TT had pitched a shutout last nite, the series would be even....

granted TT hasn't looked sharp at all, you can't ask a goalie to not allow any goals just so you can have a shot at winning....

outplaying teams and ending up on the losing side of the scoreboard doesn't amount to a hill of beans.... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: One Word: BELIEVE! : Well I hope all your dreams can come true.Everyone who doesn't share your opinion is an idiot.Well played.......if only it wasn't a 7 game series.Then your constant doom and gloom would have some merit.You want to call other people out for being losers when it's you who has the loser's mentality.calling a series over because a team is facing adversity is the true cry of the loser.Speaking of excuses,when did I make any?The entire league is talking about the inconsistency of what's legal and what isn't.That's not an excuse.It's fact!
    Posted by dezaruchi

Actually, I'm being stand-up here by calling the series over NOW rather than waiting for the final result, which would be the safe way of saying 'I told you so."  Now if the Bruins come back and win you can write me off for good as a know-nothing who bails on his team at the first sign of trouble.

Except that I'm not wrong. And I had already predicted the bruins would lsoe (albeit in 7; so I was actually too optimistic.)

You get so mad about those who don't believe in this team and point out their flaws. You say we're the "doom and gloom" crowd. But who's delusional here? We'll find out soon. You'll be making excuses (see your other post: re--"questionable calls", and talking about the minutia of what "might have been" if only blah blah blah blah...when the truth is SO much simpler:

The Habs are a better team, better coach, better organization. (They also won the season series so this playoff outcome shouldn't come as such a surprise.)

So now cue up the entirely predictable "why don;t you become a Habs fan, then?" response.

Because I can't. I'm stuck with a loser team run by loser management and coaches surrounded by "fans" who think the only way to be a fan is to never say a bad word about their team no matter how many years of futility and disappointment they spew onto the ice (while raising ticket prices.)

yeah, I know I'm in the minority (altho' as John Lennon once said "I'm not the only one"), but you pom-pommers need to start looking in the mirror and asking yourselves whether being a "real fan" means defending the indefensible...like yet ANOTHER first round playoff exit. Me? I'd rather sound off about it. You--keep lying to yourself.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

if all you guys dont think the bruins have a shot then all you guys are bandwagoners. whoopty doo, they lost the 1st 2 down 2-0, well that doesnt mean its over. they jus dug themselves into a huge hole. all of bostons sports are about belief, and faith, and having the great fan support. i can see why they dont win, we have a bunch of pessimistic people thinking the series is over. well its not. you know why? cuz montreal still has to win 2 games. once montreal wins those two games, or even if they do, then you guys can start whinning about julien and PC and everything else, but until then please, jus dont complain or whine and jus dont give up on our b's.
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09

thanx for solving the mystery....

i've been beating myself over the head for nearly 40 years searching for the reason why this team hasn't won another cup....

don't blame management or the players, it's been the pessimists fault all along....  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: One Word: BELIEVE! : Actually, I'm being stand-up here by calling the series over NOW rather than waiting for the final result, which would be the safe way of saying 'I told you so."  Now if the Bruins come back and win you can write me off for good as a know-nothing who bails on his team at the first sign of trouble. Except that I'm not wrong. And I had already predicted the bruins would lsoe (albeit in 7; so I was actually too optimistic.) You get so mad about those who don't believe in this team and point out their flaws. You say we're the "doom and gloom" crowd. But who's delusional here? We'll find out soon. You'll be making excuses (see your other post: re--"questionable calls", and talking about the minutia of what "might have been" if only blah blah blah blah...when the truth is SO much simpler: The Habs are a better team, better coach, better organization. (They also won the season series so this playoff outcome shouldn't come as such a surprise.) So now cue up the entirely predictable "why don;t you become a Habs fan, then?" response. Because I can't. I'm stuck with a loser team run by loser management and coaches surrounded by "fans" who think the only way to be a fan is to never say a bad word about their team no matter how many years of futility and disappointment they spew onto the ice (while raising ticket prices.) yeah, I know I'm in the minority (altho' as John Lennon once said "I'm not the only one"), but you pom-pommers need to start looking in the mirror and asking yourselves whether being a "real fan" means defending the indefensible...like yet ANOTHER first round playoff exit. Me? I'd rather sound off about it. You--keep lying to yourself.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Who's the one crying here or"getting mad"?Like I said,we get it.You say there are going to lose,you've always said they were going to lose,and you somehow feel this makes you a stand up guy about it.Somehow you've also managed to make yourself think that you're some sort of "real fan"because you know they stink and us "pom pom wavers"are too dumb to see it.Like I said,I've mentioned many negatives about Boston in these playoffs in particular,but somehow I'm the sheep for not throwing in the towel and seing things as you do?You want to "sound off about it"-go ahead!Just don't get your panties in a bunch when someone else sounds off about your opinion.Free speech is supposed to be available to everyone.Not just the ones who share your bitterness.Talk at you later Superfan!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: One Word: BELIEVE! : What does Nas have to do with this?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Not a Shot, his name could actually be used as an answer to the original post.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

One word: delusional.
    Posted by mlmka

mimka....I used to like you....

Bruins will win in 6 ...that was my original prediction ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I'm not feeling great after the first two games. 1 goal in 120 mins at home is not the stuff of champions. I'll hope for a miracle in the next week but I wouldn't stake my hard earned on it.
    Posted by Kurako

This is why I'm not a very good gambler. Well done Bruins. Please, let's finish the job.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: One Word: BELIEVE! : Actually, I'm being stand-up here by calling the series over NOW rather than waiting for the final result, which would be the safe way of saying 'I told you so."  Now if the Bruins come back and win you can write me off for good as a know-nothing who bails on his team at the first sign of trouble.

but you pom-pommers need to start looking in the mirror and asking yourselves whether being a "real fan" means defending the indefensible...like yet ANOTHER first round playoff exit. Me? I'd rather sound off about it. You--keep lying to yourself. Posted by TryToBearIt

Your honor I tender the witness no need to cross examine OUCH!

Dez, Stop lying to yourself darn you ...

Sections
Shortcuts