One. You Only Get One.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: One. You Only Get One.

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to asmaha's comment:

Krejci gets traded.....and I'll be sad.

Haven't lost a money bet on here yet. $100 bucks asm says that DK re-signs with the Bruins. 

Heck no. I don't want to see it happen. Not a fun bet at all. Just a silly prediction....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevethebloviatingmachine. Show stevethebloviatingmachine's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to bobruins' comment:

On October 16 in montreal, Milan Lucic will beat-up dale weise & alex yemelin in the first period

I'll be at this game

Get your seatbelt ready!! But in all seriousness,the media will be all over this story line leading up to this game,they will interview all parties,Fat,Yemelin & Weise and all will grin and say that things are said in the heat of the moment but its a new season now.The puck will drop and other than a few thunderous hits & glares i predict nothing will happen,very anti climactic to say the least. Add in the fact that Yemelin will absolutely not fight(ala Orprick) and Weise knows he'd be made into cole slaw with red mayo, so he won't be too interested either but will drop the gloves and skate to the nearest lineman.It could get interesting on their first visit to Boston though.  

Emelin has four fights, which is impressive, because he's lost them all and risks going blind at any moment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to stevethebloviatingmachine's comment:

Emelin has four fights, which is impressive, because he's lost them all and risks going blind at any moment.

Yeah, but that's always been the case for jerkoffs, hasn't it?

[object HTMLDivElement]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You might find it impressive,but i find it a rather low fight count considering the many borderline hits  Yemelin  makes. He seems to be the new breed of d-man creeping into the league these days, questionable hit,turtle type,same as Orprick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevethebloviatingmachine. Show stevethebloviatingmachine's posts

[/QUOTE]

You might find it impressive,but i find it a rather low fight count considering the many borderline hits  Yemelin  makes. He seems to be the new breed of d-man creeping into the league these days, questionable hit,turtle type,same as Orprick.

[/QUOTE]

He has one game misconduct in three years and averages a minor penalty every three or four games in the NHL. Sorry to butt in with reality.

He's also been showcased by the DOPS in their video on clean hits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

We all know how well they do their jobs, so this isn't that impressive either. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevethebloviatingmachine. Show stevethebloviatingmachine's posts

"There's no way i'm wrong about this one...if anyone needs me, i'll have my head in the sand. Phoaaar! Whaaaaa!!! Huhhhh? Looooch is gunna kill em!!!!!"

We all know how well they do their jobs, so this isn't that impressive either. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Nuthin' to say!??! 

I get it Steve,your a Scab fan defending the Scabs on a B's forum,its ok,i get it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Seidenberg does not return to form.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nuthin' to say!??! 

I get it Steve,your a Scab fan defending the Scabs on a B's forum,its ok,i get it.

very RMiller like

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't hold it against Emelin  if he fights or not. He's a big hitter and when your one of those some of your hits are going to be questioned. That's his game, not fighting. He did answer the bell to Chara  and he did not turtle. I'd take him on the B's anyday, other than that I hope Lucic pastes him against the boards.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

More and more, I find Emelin's a bit of a defining case for me. Here's a guy who lays the body regularly.  13th in the league for D in hits.  Sometimes, he goes for the "big hit".  Now, let's be clear here.  Big hits are borderline hits almost universally because they happen to guys who have somehow left themselves vulnerable (head down, looking the wrong way, riding the tracks into danger zones, sacrificing the body to make a play) because another guy sees it coming and takes the opportunity to generate some force. Emelin sees those opportunities and acts on them, so he has a rep as a borderline hitter as well as a textbook one.  There's really no meaningful reason both can't be true.

The question is should a guy have to fight after a big hit.  I've never thought so, and I didn't like the way Iginla would go looking for a fight every time he got jacked cleanly.  Take the hit the way Boychuk does and just keep on playing - I think that's the hockey version of Jim Brown getting up slowly every time so no one every thinks they can hurt you.  And that's intimidating.

I think there's a much smaller zone where a guy is careless and creating the possibility of injury that should be addressed.  And in that case, I don't know that I care if Emelin (or whoever) is at risk because he already put someone else's career at risk.

Are you not entertained?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Emmy is a ok....I actually have been impressed with his play, especially against the B's. But he's wearing a scab sweater so yeah, I would very much enjoy seeing Lucic pound his face until it looks like he stuck his head in a food processor. If Mother Theresa wore the toilet seat I would want somebody to pummel her senseless as well. She was  hard core B's fan so I have no idea why she would be wearing scab gear but you get the point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Kelly is dealt for 'future considerations'.

Hello cap space. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Jim Brown would get up then think of the number then punish his azz during the game.  He ran up the middle not on the sidelines.  Boychuk hits but he will fight.  Emelin is the new type of NHL player, on the border line then excuses himself to kiss the sky.  The Canadian game I grew to love is turning into the NBA.  

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

More and more, I find Emelin's a bit of a defining case for me. Here's a guy who lays the body regularly.  13th in the league for D in hits.  Sometimes, he goes for the "big hit".  Now, let's be clear here.  Big hits are borderline hits almost universally because they happen to guys who have somehow left themselves vulnerable (head down, looking the wrong way, riding the tracks into danger zones, sacrificing the body to make a play) because another guy sees it coming and takes the opportunity to generate some force. Emelin sees those opportunities and acts on them, so he has a rep as a borderline hitter as well as a textbook one.  There's really no meaningful reason both can't be true.

The question is should a guy have to fight after a big hit.  I've never thought so, and I didn't like the way Iginla would go looking for a fight every time he got jacked cleanly.  Take the hit the way Boychuk does and just keep on playing - I think that's the hockey version of Jim Brown getting up slowly every time so no one every thinks they can hurt you.  And that's intimidating.

I think there's a much smaller zone where a guy is careless and creating the possibility of injury that should be addressed.  And in that case, I don't know that I care if Emelin (or whoever) is at risk because he already put someone else's career at risk.

Are you not entertained?!?!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Soderberg is in the bruins top 3 of points scored

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

& Bobby Robins wins the 4th line RW position outa camp

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Svedberg puts up better numbers than Rask.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Due to salary cap restraints and due to the fact no other team in the NHL wants him,Jordy Caron will make the B's as a regular for the first time, beating out more popular fan choices Spooner & Florek, and play on the 4th line. He will surprise everyone with a scoring line of 8 gls & 4 a.

You will never find a more wretched hive of SCUM and VILLAINY.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

My prediction is still holding firm,looking good!! Let's go Jordy! Some interesting prediction's here,once i read them over.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Due to salary cap restraints and due to the fact no other team in the NHL wants him,Jordy Caron will make the B's as a regular for the first time, beating out more popular fan choices Spooner & Florek, and play on the 4th line. He will surprise everyone with a scoring line of 8 gls & 4 a.

You will never find a more wretched hive of SCUM and VILLAINY.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

My prediction is still holding firm,looking good!! Let's go Jordy! Some interesting prediction's here,once i read them over.

And i would have never of guessed 50. That said, only way to generate interest in him is to keep playing him throughout the pre-season. He does look much better though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I predict Gagne will make either the Bruins or another NHL team and score at least 15 goals.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

And i would have never of guessed 50. That said, only way to generate interest in him is to keep playing him throughout the pre-season. He does look much better though.

[/QUOTE]

To be honest,me neither,just thought it odd that they gave him that qualifying offer in the first place,made me think they thought they might as well keep him for insurance than let him go for nothing. I still think the B's will try and deal him, hoping he play's well enough to get some interest. I think Caron was likely told that as well,start showing you have something, so either we'll keep you or another team will take notice. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Svedberg puts up better numbers than Rask.

Ha Ha how did I miss this ?

LoL

Sections
Shortcuts