One. You Only Get One.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: One. You Only Get One.

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NAS kind of stole my thunder a little bit with the Eriksson prediction and I don't want to predict something else just for the sake of making one so I will go with Eriksson getting 30 goals. I'm not going 5 goals higher than him just to make it different, I said in another thread he would net 30 this year and I'm sticking to it.

[/QUOTE]

I was going to go with 30, but totally pussed out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I got nuthin'.  I could come up with some wishful thinking stuff, sort of like nite's:

Jordan Knight will make his NHL debut and look like a viable prospect.

Matt Fraser will gel with Carl Soderberg and score 20 goals and 35 points.

Matt Bartkowski will fetch a prospect who debuts with the Bruins and has a first year similar to Reilly Smith.

But those are all Stan the Man territory.  I guess I'll go with this:

The 4th line will combine for 25+ goals.  I think with a better player on the RW, you'll see Paille in double digits and Cambell and whoever (Spooner/Florek/Fraser/etc.) will combine for at least 15.

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE]

Matt Bartkowski will fetch a prospect who debuts with the Bruins and has a first year similar to Reilly Smith.

The 4th line will combine for 25+ goals.  I think with a better player on the RW, you'll see Paille in double digits and Cambell and whoever (Spooner/Florek/Fraser/etc.) will combine for at least 15.[/QUOTE]

These are very reasonable. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Brad Marchand will score 25 goals and will be a factor in the playoffs. He will find different ways to score in other words. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Tuukka once again is a finalist for the Vezina, earning every cent of his contract....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The 4th line will combine for 25+ goals.  I think with a better player on the RW, you'll see Paille in double digits and Cambell and whoever (Spooner/Florek/Fraser/etc.) will combine for at least 15.

[/QUOTE]

They better, the ST line of last season got 22. 3 more is not exactly a moment of triumph.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I predict Fraser has a regular assignment on the big club and has a break out year like Smith did last year. While the Bruins struggle to score goals on every line and they juggle the lines all season even after a trade. Only consistent is Bergeron and the defense. Hamilton and Krug amount for more goals then some forwards.

Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, Patrice Bergeron traditions die hard in Boston

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to bobruins's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On October 16 in montreal, Milan Lucic will beat-up dale weise & alex yemelin in the first period

[/QUOTE]

Best prediction on here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

On October 16 in montreal, Milan Lucic will beat-up dale weise & alex yemelin in the first period

[/QUOTE]

Best prediction on here.

[/QUOTE

The unfortunate thing is that neither of them will ever be man enough to drop them. Weise wouldn't even fight Thortnon who's no where near the power puncher Milan is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The unfortunate thing is that neither of them will ever be man enough to drop them. Weise wouldn't even fight Thortnon who's no where near the power puncher Milan is.

[/QUOTE]

True. Emelin does not fight, apparently due to an injury from years ago.

As for Weise, he will just do what he did with ST a few years back, pretend to throw down and look for a penalty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Something reasonable.  

[/QUOTE]

You know.  Or nite.  I mean, or not.

[/QUOTE]

What? What's so unreasonable about that? No one expected Smith to come in & get the points he did last year. Let alone end up playing more PP time than Marchand & playing on the 1a/b line. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Rask will be the most overpaid player on the team....

ok, in all seriousness NAS beat me to Loui, but i believe he will have an outstanding year.  Lots of pp time and first line duties...i said duty.  

Ok. My prediction is.....Dougie Hamilton will go on a Norris like start, slow down after all star break and the debate between PK and Dougie will dominate the boards from time to time.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll be at this game

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Krejci gets traded.....and I'll be sad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Krejci gets traded.....and I'll be sad.

[/QUOTE]

Haven't lost a money bet on here yet. $100 bucks asm says that DK re-signs with the Bruins. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE]

The 4th line will combine for 25+ goals.  I think with a better player on the RW, you'll see Paille in double digits and Cambell and whoever (Spooner/Florek/Fraser/etc.) will combine for at least 15.[/QUOTE]

These are very reasonable. 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe on the Stanley scale...which for me makes them Bob Mc-A-Whacka-Doo-dle!

[object HTMLDivElement]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll be at this game

[/QUOTE]

Get your seatbelt ready!! But in all seriousness,the media will be all over this story line leading up to this game,they will interview all parties,Fat,Yemelin & Weise and all will grin and say that things are said in the heat of the moment but its a new season now.The puck will drop and other than a few thunderous hits & glares i predict nothing will happen,very anti climactic to say the least. Add in the fact that Yemelin will absolutely not fight(ala Orprick) and Weise knows he'd be made into cole slaw with red mayo, so he won't be too interested either but will drop the gloves and skate to the nearest lineman.It could get interesting on their first visit to Boston though.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:[QUOTE] I predict one of the pending RFA's get dealt before the end of the year (2014) [/QUOTE]

One of the two , meaning Krug or Smith.  If i had to pick one I'll say Krug. [/QUOTE]

Desperate to get Krug out of Boston. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Weise knows he'd be made into cole slaw with red mayo, so he won't be too interested either but will drop the gloves and skate to the nearest lineman.It could get interesting on their first visit to Boston though.  

[/QUOTE]

Or he will just go after Campbell for his "fight"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Weise knows he'd be made into cole slaw with red mayo, so he won't be too interested either but will drop the gloves and skate to the nearest lineman.It could get interesting on their first visit to Boston though.  

[/QUOTE]

Or he will just go after Campbell for his "fight"

[/QUOTE]

I see Weisse taking the healthy scratch approach.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Well, like others, I like the Eriksson idea, but enough about that.

I predict the Bruins sign/hire/acquire a new goon.  Not quite a Thornton level goon, but as soon as McQuaid, Chara, or Lucic get forced into a fight with another team's goon and don't do well, management will buckle and bring in another expendable piece to take/throw the punches.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, like others, I like the Eriksson idea, but enough about that.

I predict the Bruins sign/hire/acquire a new goon.  Not quite a Thornton level goon, but as soon as McQuaid, Chara, or Lucic get forced into a fight with another team's goon and don't do well, management will buckle and bring in another expendable piece to take/throw the punches.

[/QUOTE]

I say that Bobby Robins will make his NHL debut this year (some games here and there only though)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:[QUOTE] I predict one of the pending RFA's get dealt before the end of the year (2014) [/QUOTE]

One of the two , meaning Krug or Smith.  If i had to pick one I'll say Krug. [/QUOTE]

Desperate to get Krug out of Boston. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL desperato 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I got nuthin'.  I could come up with some wishful thinking stuff, sort of like nite's:

Jordan Knight will make his NHL debut and look like a viable prospect.

But those are all Stan the Man territory.  I guess I'll go with this:

Are you not entertained?!?!

[/QUOTE]

Jared Knight.

My prediction is for 2015-16 for this guy. He becomes the new Daniel Paille, but with a little grit and daring.

For the upcoming season: Bruins find a way to make it to the Stanley Cup Final. Do they win? I don't know yet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

Get your seatbelt ready!! But in all seriousness,the media will be all over this story line leading up to this game,they will interview all parties,Fat,Yemelin & Weise and all will grin and say that things are said in the heat of the moment but its a new season now.The puck will drop and other than a few thunderous hits & glares i predict nothing will happen,very anti climactic to say the least. Add in the fact that Yemelin will absolutely not fight(ala Orprick) and Weise knows he'd be made into cole slaw with red mayo, so he won't be too interested either but will drop the gloves and skate to the nearest lineman.It could get interesting on their first visit to Boston though.  

[/QUOTE]

The usual 1st meeting between the 2 ; Bruins play careful not to take penalties , try to play their game in the neutral zone trying to slow down the Habs and not give them any break outs . Guys like Weise will take advantage knowing the Bruins will not engage and run around instigating . 

On November 22nd though it'll be a different story.