Ooops!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Ooops!!!!!

How did this happen?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/41363-Stanley-Cup-delayed-at-border-Hortons-party-in-southwestern-Ontario-on-hold.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

Re: Ooops!!!!!

ah ah ah ah so funny!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I was thinking of making the one hour trip to Dunville today. Good thing I didn't. Must have been alot of upset people. I will wait till the 27th to see the cup in Welland when Paille has it. It is only a 15 minute drive for me to get there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Ooops!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking of making the one hour trip to Dunville today. Good thing I didn't. Must have been alot of upset people. I will wait till the 27th to see the cup in Welland when Paille has it. It is only a 15 minute drive for me to get there.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

I really hope they give Horton another day with the Cup because he got robbed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

I was there today, big crowd gathered in the park. It was supposed to start at 11:00 but Nathan did not appear until 12:30. Perhaps they were waiting on word when the cup would arrive. The heat was incredible but not many people left as we wanted to pay tribute to Nathan in his hometown. After the short indroductions and having got a few pictures I decided to leave not being assured when the cup would arrive. Appartenly it got there around 2:30 so many would have missed it. But it was great to see Nathan enjoy his day.

Go B's     

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So this is a little off topic, but...I wonder if they've engraved the names on it yet.  I know one of the things I'd do on my Cup day is sit in my house with a cigar and some top notch dram, and I'd find my name, and I'd find Bobby Orr's name, and Eddie Shore's, and Gordie Howe's and Wayne Gretzky's and Mario Lemieux's....  Just spend about an hour doing what I've done in the HHOF on a few occasions - reading the names and then periodically going back and seeing my name there among all those great players (and the forgotten ugly duckling players who we only very rarely remember when listing "slowest" or "ugliest" but who were cogs in a championship run).  I love that most players do something community minded, but I have to think they find a quiet moment to sit back and just take in the fact that the Cup is in their house, that it's theirs.

On Topic - there was a story recently about the guy who travels with the Cup, polishes it, cleans off whatever the players manage to get on it (no wonder he wears gloves).  I think it was NHL.com.  But he said there have been a few occasions where the Cup has not arrived on schedule due to airline transfers etc.  He also said he's surprised it doesn't happen more often - and frankly, so am I. 

I kinda hope Horton doesn't get a compensatory day.  One more reason for him to want to win it again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Maybe it had something to do with "Peggy" not approving his Discover card purchase. I guess he really did take the bus!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

I hung around until 3, Nathan was great at trying to get autographs and photos for all, I was impressed he was still smiling after 3 hours of signing :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]I hung around until 3, Nathan was great at trying to get autographs and photos for all, I was impressed he was still smiling after 3 hours of signing :)
    Posted by BigD7[/QUOTE]

He hasn't stopped smiling since he was traded to Boston!!!!   :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

I would be smiling too if I was Horton - ever see his wife!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]So this is a little off topic, but...I wonder if they've engraved the names on it yet.  I know one of the things I'd do on my Cup day is sit in my house with a cigar and some top notch dram, and I'd find my name, and I'd find Bobby Orr's name, and Eddie Shore's, and Gordie Howe's and Wayne Gretzky's and Mario Lemieux's.... 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Also off topic:  The band with Eddie Shore's name is removed and retired.

Sections
Shortcuts