Open letter to Mike "Doc" Emrick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Open letter to Mike "Doc" Emrick

In Response to Re: Open letter to Mike "Doc" Emrick:
    In Response to Re: Open letter to Mike "Doc" Emrick : I have no idea what any of this means....but I imagine it's something like talking about Ellsbury's OBP and Dave Roberts. The main difference between our fan bases? Passion is the same, but you won't see "This is what we LIVE for" banners at the Garden. I  enjoy the Bruins immensely. I enjoy playing the game. I enjoy frosty beverages, hiking, bluegrass, summer evenings on the boat and theme parks. I  wish The West Wing was still on tv.  I live , however, for my family and for the concept that my time on this planet will have a positive impact on others. Priorities.
    Posted by asmaha

Absolutely asmaha, and those types of healthy boundaries concerning professional sports are exactly why I have never found the time or motivation to go trolling on the internet to message boards for other teams, to taunt the fans.  Got better things to do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Open letter to Mike "Doc" Emrick : Olczyk is also chosen to "do hockeys biggest games".  Is it okay if I can't stand him either?  How about Pierre?  He's always there.  I think he's an imp.  What about JR?  I loved his style on the ice, but in the pressbox, I think he's a dip. Want to know who else I don't like?  The Beatles.  I also think Megan Fox is gross.  More than half of our country chose Obama.  I can't stand the guy.  Law and Order:  SVU has been on forever and wins all kinds of awards.  I hate that stupid show.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

It's like 'Shawshank Redemption' for me.  It in everyone's top 5 all time movies, but it seems like a trite little fairy tale to me about unrealistically-lovable prisoners with a perfect lollypop Hollywood ending.  Simple good and evil characters, banal dialogue, irritating and self indulgent narration, Tim Robbins' idiotic smiling like a Cheshire cat...I don't get it.

Doc s*cks, Olczyk s*cks, McGuire s*cks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanNewbie. Show BruinsFanNewbie's posts

You can do what I do:

1) Turn on Versus or NBC
    2) Quickly mute the sound
    3) Turn on 98.5 The Sports Hub
    4) Crack a cold one

The only drawback is when their audio and the TV feed get out of sync, but using my DVR helps with that. Enjoy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

You can do what I do: 1) Turn on Versus or NBC 2) Quickly mute the sound 3) Turn on 98.5 The Sports Hub 4) Crack a cold one The only drawback is when their audio and the TV feed get out of sync, but using my DVR helps with that. Enjoy!
    Posted by BruinsFanNewbie

That's my plan tomorrow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Open letter to Mike "Doc" Emrick : I have no idea what any of this means....but I imagine it's something like talking about Ellsbury's OBP and Dave Roberts. The main difference between our fan bases? Passion is the same, but you won't see "This is what we LIVE for" banners at the Garden. I  enjoy the Bruins immensely. I enjoy playing the game. I enjoy frosty beverages, hiking, bluegrass, summer evenings on the boat and theme parks. I  wish The West Wing was still on tv.  I live , however, for my family and for the concept that my time on this planet will have a positive impact on others. Priorities.
    Posted by asmaha
    You mean you wouldn't kidnap Raffi Torres to help the Bruins cause ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

don't forget "with a drive!!!" "ohhhh what a save by" but he says that on every slap shot and every save. Emrick is horrible and his voice is worse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

his voice sounds like a squeaky wheel if you ask me, makes me long for gary thorne. that's a voice you can hang your hat on!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Open letter to Mike "Doc" Emrick : You mean you wouldn't kidnap Raffi Torres to help the Bruins cause ?
    Posted by 50belowzero

Shupe would kidnap Raffi to help his own cause Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

yeah, they could double date with stanley and wheeler.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Open letter to Mike "Doc" Emrick : My brother and I wondered what it meant for a pass to be "squibbed".It apparently happened at least 10 times but I don't get it. I kept waiting for the puck to blow up.......
    Posted by dezaruchi

Haha very true.  I heard this too.. squib should only be used in football.  In no way do players intentionally send the puck bouncing toward other players to cause them to fumble the puck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Open letter to Mike "Doc" Emrick : Haha very true.  I heard this too.. squib should only be used in football.  In no way do players intentionally send the puck bouncing toward other players to cause them to fumble the puck.
    Posted by mb30

I love the Bertuzzi quote.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Re: Open letter to Mike "Doc" Emrick : I love the Bertuzzi quote.
    Posted by kelvana33

Haha yes it is a great one

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Posted by asmaha

Perhaps after the Canucks have won their first Cup, it won't be such a priority.  But I know what you're sayin', and even if the Canucks don't hoist the Cup this year, the sun will still come up, I'll still love my wife and kids, and I'll still keep volunteering in my community.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

There was one knifing word I knifed out of the air last night that seemed to knife into my ear every time doc knifed the words out of his knife like mouth that seemed to knife into my brain like a sharp knife out of a knife drawer in a knife shop.

Anybody knife an overused word (or two) last night??

Nobody?  Do I have to spoon feed it to you?

Aw, stick a fork in it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The guy did win the Foster Hewitt award, so he's obviously done something right.

Now, if he'd only stick a fork in "skittered" and "knifes". Send 'em down the river by the half wall, blow a tire, I don't care...just c*ck and fire it! With so many people having a bee in their bonnet about it (or a burr under their saddle), it's the least he can do.

(I learned all that from you, Brick).

Sections
Shortcuts