Open letter to the Bruins org. Either Claude goes or I do

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Open letter to the Bruins org. Either Claude goes or I do

If they ousted by the habs he will be gone.I've said it before, after all the bad transactions, i.e the thornton trade,Lewis etc...he was the right coach to get them back on track. is he the coach that can deliver a championship. Not so sure, but is this a championship roster?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkratpicks. Show rinkratpicks's posts

In Response to Re: Open letter to the Bruins org. Either Claude goes or I do:
    In Response to Re: Open letter to the Bruins org. Either Claude goes or I do : You  are right, CJ isn't that bad a coach. He's a perfect average NHL coach. He would suffice perfectly fine for about half the clubs in the league. But you must tolerate 2 things with Claude. 1) The spring time losing streak that we've seen every year. 2) Total lack of any ability whatsoever to make an EFFECTIVE change during a game. He just can't cut it for a playoff team with high hopes.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I think your 2nd point is bang on about Claude and because of that he will get out coached in a 7 game series. If you watched the Tampa game tonight they had the exact same line up but the coach made changes to every line.

I'm not saying Boston do the same thing but Claude has had the same lines night in and night out and only seems to make a change if there's an injury.

Game 1 was close and i can understand sticking with his lines, but maybe a bit of a change would have thrown the habs off a little and given the bruins a better chance.

The Plekanec line shut down the b's top line pretty much all night. Why not try moving some players around. I just don't get it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I believe as lame as this thread is, it is still better than most all of what cocktail tony has to say.

I wonder why the Bruins haven't called me yet.

JJ must be slipping a little.  I'm going to give him a hard time about this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

If they ousted by the habs he will be gone.I've said it before, after all the bad transactions, i.e the thornton trade,Lewis etc...he was the right coach to get them back on track. is he the coach that can deliver a championship. Not so sure, but is this a championship roster?
    Posted by kelvana33

This is my take, too. Julien was the right hire at the time and his value was clear for several years, but he's not a guy that can get you over the top. He's the guy that brings order to chaos and gets the team moving in the right direction, but that's it.

That said, I don't think PC should be a scapegoat. A GM is more of a numbers and legal guy, and relies on everyone in talent evaluation. I think the Bs have done just fine with their money. Every team has skeletons in their closet and can point to Ference-type numbers to claim defeat. On the whole, I'm fine with their decisions. It will be interesting to see what they do with Kaberle. Half of me wants them to cut their losses and use the $$ to go after a skilled forward if Savard's money comes off the books. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK.  2 zip early.  Time to do something.  Obviously.

And CJ's move is.....    ????????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

DUMP THIS COACH NOW!!!!!

I MEAN RIGHT NOW!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Young Jacobs (whatever his first name is) took a hand in this organization and let PC spend to the cap.  PC has put together a decent team, maybe not the greatest (his scouting and player development program hasn't exactly produced the next Crosby or Stamkos yet) but there are a lot of players he signed with talent and potential.

My problem is, IMO, management has provided Claude with the necessary 'picks & shovels' to take a deep run into the playoffs and possibly go to the finals.  But I think there is a major disconnect - CLAUDE JULIEN!  (And I have always been a patient supporter of him)

But, what is he doing with the resources the organiztion has provided to him?  Please give Bergeron more ice time and why not give Seguin a try.  And is he going to play Rask any time soon.

I think Julien needs to be replaced regardless of the outsome - even a Stanley Cup - because that would be by a total fluke and not so much the coaching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Dear Bruins Organization,

OK, so I'm going to the 2nd Lightning playoffs game.  This doesn't mean I've recinded my threats.  In fact, rather than spending hundreds of dollars on your concession stands I'm going to eat and get loaded down the street at the Beer works or the Fours instead.

I'm not backing down.  I'm just going to give in just this once.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Claude will take care of you the game will be great.  He always delivers!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bad hab....the b's are 8-2 in their last 10 playoff games! all in spite of their coach? was seids losing his stick bad coaching? was TT's softy bad coaching? was kaberle's gift bad coaching? losing your best player bad coaching? people have to get over last years flyers series. THE BRUINS ARE DOWN 1-0, IN A BEST OF SEVEN SERIES!!!! long way to go(i hope). the sky is not falling. haven't we learned not to get too up (flyers '10), and not too down (habs '11). it's one game, no need to panic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

I think Chiarelli is on the hotseat for a one and done scenario, if that's what happens. People want to blame Claude, and that's fine, but Chiarelli hired Claude. He also has money allocation issues (Ryder, Ference) and ditched people like Sturm and Mark Stuart, specifically to create depth at C and to add Kaberle. Not trying to be negative, but let's be honest about the source of this. If this goes south quick, expect Julien to be gone and Chiarelli to have spend all summer justifying his moves. He will also need to trade Thomas which will either be unpopular or popular. Tough spot, no doubt.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Yes, lets be honest about the bruins GM...he has been absolutely phenomenal, MAYBE the best GM in the league at this point in terms of setting himself up for the present and future

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Open letter to the Bruins org. Either Claude goes or I do : Yes, lets be honest about the bruins GM...he has been absolutely phenomenal, MAYBE the best GM in the league at this point in terms of setting himself up for the present and future
    Posted by thedauber1

Agreed.  Bad moves came early on, worst thing recently has been Kaberle.  And I can't really blame PC for that as Kaberle is underachieving.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

bad hab....the b's are 8-2 in their last 10 playoff games! all in spite of their coach? was seids losing his stick bad coaching? was TT's softy bad coaching? was kaberle's gift bad coaching? losing your best player bad coaching? people have to get over last years flyers series. THE BRUINS ARE DOWN 1-0, IN A BEST OF SEVEN SERIES!!!! long way to go(i hope). the sky is not falling. haven't we learned not to get too up (flyers '10), and not too down (habs '11). it's one game, no need to panic.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I don't like CJ.

What he's doing is working, but the problem is when it's not working he doesn't change what he's doing.

Learns slow.  FINALLY is taking the time out effectively and he used it somewhere in those horrible 85 seconds, but I feel he should have done something else.  Like pull TT for the rest of the period to wake everybody up.  I don't know, maybe that's a bad idea, but if I had all the perfect answers I'd be an NHL coach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i think people have always disliked clode, simply because he coached the habs, and beat the b's in the playoffs(down 3-1). since he's been here the b's have been a very good team. his big knock was "he can't get out of rd.2" well, he/THEY did. in the final 4, one step from the goal. i'll take it, beats the ONE series win they had in the previous 10 years w/o him. his system works, all coaches systems' work. it comes down to having the right roster to get that job done. they do, they've proven that. stability with the organization is very importatant, imo. this team is building itself into a perrenial cup favorite. i don't see how firing the coach-changing the system and a player overhaul(new system/new players), could benefit a team that is ALREADY very good. small tweaks may be needed, but nothing drastic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the question you have to ask yourself is simple....what gives the b's a better shot at a cup- returning a team and coach that is now in the conference final, OR, overhaul coach/ gm/ players and start from scratch(3-5 yr project to get back to where they already are)?  the engine does not need to be rebuilt, simply tuned up- maybe a couple extra horsepower added.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

down 2-0 to the habs...he didn't panic and change things up- that worked. game 3 against the flyers, the commentators chimed in all game, "doesn't clode have to change things up?", he didn't panic and change things up- that worked... see a common theme? don't panic- trust what has gotten you to where you are. give credit to your opposition, and stay the course. it seems every loss this year could have been prevented if clode knew how to coach! that's how it reads on these boards after every loss, blame the coach, not the players who actually touch the puck.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I feel like this was the convo BH had with his bro's after the game. His wife is the one crying in the hallway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLHtQAIF2l0&feature=player_embedded

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

CJ kept his job for the next couple years with the sweep of the Flyers. If you think he loses his job for a loss in the conference finals, you're nuts.

CJ is a good coach that teaches a conservative style of hockey. People hate it because it doesn't lead to comeback victories but don't give it credit for not losing leads and don't give him credit for having a great 3rd period differential.

Sections
Shortcuts