Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins.

1. Send two forecheckers deep and force them to go D to D behind the net-- pressure the puck handler.

2. Throw as many shots at the net--- some will get through or deflect off someone in the net or to someone in front of the net as TT is flopping all over the place.

3.  Pressure the points on the PP and force the Bruins to work along the boards.

CJ's response:  Keep doing the same thing because the system will prevail.

Reality:  teams with defensive speed and good forechecking will beat them consistently by forcing the Bruins into mistakes.

Examples:  Carolina 2008/09 playofs
                   Philly 2009/10 playoffs
                   coming soon--- Mtl/Buffalo/Pittsburgh-- 1st rd 2011 playoffs.

Solution:  See New Jersey end of 2006/07 regular season

This team has little chance of going deep in the playoffs with CJ @ the helm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins.

In Response to Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins.:
    1. Send two forecheckers deep and force them to go D to D behind the net-- pressure the puck handler. 2. Throw as many shots at the net--- some will get through or deflect off someone in the net or to someone in front of the net as TT is flopping all over the place. 3.  Pressure the points on the PP and force the Bruins to work along the boards. CJ's response:  Keep doing the same thing because the system will prevail. Reality:  teams with defensive speed and good forechecking will beat them consistently by forcing the Bruins into mistakes. Examples:  Carolina 2008/09 playofs                Philly 2009/10 playoffs                coming soon--- Mtl/Buffalo/Pittsburgh-- 1st rd 2011 playoffs. Solution:  See New Jersey end of 2006/07 regular season This team has little chance of going deep in the playoffs with CJ @ the helm.
    Posted by JYaso

Agree 100% Julian has no clue When Carolina had them figured out,he did nothing to change game plan,same thing for Philly,collapse everone back and hope for the best,what a joke he is.How a coach whose team blows a 3 game lead and a 3 goal lead could keep his job is beyond me,he didn't even no enough to make goalie change against Philly,it was obvious they had Rask figured out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Totaly agree. I hope we are wrong but with CJ behind the bench I see us going to the second round at best. He isn't capable of doing anything different besides his system.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Clod needs to teach his D to learn how to hit the tape, he needs to utilise his speed in Peverley, Pail, Seg, March and even Luc or Hort and invent the stretch pass. He needs to teach these players to take a pass, while staying onside and if they miss the pass to use speed and determination to reach the puck to offset icing and control the play.

He needs to quit his dump and change, or his dump and chase, puck possession is the key.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

all that being said we lost to car in game 7 in ot couldve easily went our way and last year we lost by 1 goal in game 7 wout krejci and really savard so while your theory has some merit with any luck we couldve won both those series maybe you are over analzying a little.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins.:
    all that being said we lost to car in game 7 in ot couldve easily went our way and last year we lost by 1 goal in game 7 wout krejci and really savard so while your theory has some merit with any luck we couldve won both those series maybe you are over analzying a little.... 
    Posted by bruins8

So not having krejci is why we blew a 3-0 nothing lead in game 7? Carolina the bruins were out coached badly and it seemed the cains wanted it more than the bruins did. The bruins still haven't learned they just can't flip a switch on and off when they feel like it and win. They came back from down 3-1 to force a game 7 vs the cains but the bruins were much much more talented than them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Clod needs to teach his D to learn how to hit the tape, he needs to utilise his speed in Peverley, Pail, Seg, March and even Luc or Hort and invent the stretch pass. He needs to teach these players to take a pass, while staying onside and if they miss the pass to use speed and determination to reach the puck to offset icing and control the play. He needs to quit his dump and change, or his dump and chase, puck possession is the key.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

SO true! That drives me crazy every game. A forward gets it to the opposing blue line, dumps it in and peels off for a change. It's an automatic giveaway. Why on earth would you have your players do that in order to make a line change? I don't get it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

In Response to Re: Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins. : So not having krejci is why we blew a 3-0 nothing lead in game 7? Carolina the bruins were out coached badly and it seemed the cains wanted it more than the bruins did. The bruins still haven't learned they just can't flip a switch on and off when they feel like it and win. They came back from down 3-1 to force a game 7 vs the cains but the bruins were much much more talented than them.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

yes in my opinion krejci was the difference if he was in there i believe we wouldve won 1 of the last 4......even know that wasnt my point my point was simply the other coaches figured nothing out we lost both series in 7 games by 1 goal  car series couldve went our way dumb luck that they scored and not us in ot....nothing to do w coaching

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In Response to Re: Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins. : yes in my opinion krejci was the difference if he was in there i believe we wouldve won 1 of the last 4......even know that wasnt my point my point was simply the other coaches figured nothing out we lost both series in 7 games by 1 goal  car series couldve went our way dumb luck that they scored and not us in ot....nothing to do w coaching
    Posted by bruins8

That's another lame excuse from the boundless "Claude Julien Archive Of Lame Excuses".

In fact the Flyers used exactly the strategy described by JYaso, and on top of that they kept talking about how they would come back to win the series, while Supercaptain "Question Mark 6ft9" issued clever statements like "the whole team is pretty nervous" before game 5 and Clueless Clod stood behind the bench with his famous deer-in-the-headlights game face and watched things happen like they were inevitable. This was a picture-perfect example of being outcoached.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins.:
    1. Send two forecheckers deep and force them to go D to D behind the net-- pressure the puck handler. 2. Throw as many shots at the net--- some will get through or deflect off someone in the net or to someone in front of the net as TT is flopping all over the place. 3.  Pressure the points on the PP and force the Bruins to work along the boards. CJ's response:  Keep doing the same thing because the system will prevail. Reality:  teams with defensive speed and good forechecking will beat them consistently by forcing the Bruins into mistakes. Examples:  Carolina 2008/09 playofs                Philly 2009/10 playoffs                coming soon--- Mtl/Buffalo/Pittsburgh-- 1st rd 2011 playoffs. Solution:  See New Jersey end of 2006/07 regular season This team has little chance of going deep in the playoffs with CJ @ the helm.
    Posted by JYaso

TOTALY AGREE!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

In Response to Re: Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins. : That's another lame excuse from the boundless "Claude Julien Archive Of Lame Excuses". In fact the Flyers used exactly the strategy described by JYaso, and on top of that they kept talking about how they would come back to win the series, while Supercaptain "Question Mark 6ft9" issued clever statements like "the whole team is pretty nervous" before game 5 and Clueless Clod stood behind the bench with his famous deer-in-the-headlights game face and watched things happen like they were inevitable. This was a picture-perfect example of being outcoached.
    Posted by MrHulot

yet despite having krejci and basically savard gone for the last 4 games of the flyers series the flyers only managed to win by 1 goal on a mental to many men on the ice pentaly by the bruins im sure that was all about stratgey and juliens fault right? get a clue

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Yawn...
    I am sick of all these excuses; they were up three games to none and choked, period.
    The whole series the Flyers stated that they were the better team, and they played like they wanted to win; CJ's response (if you could call it that) was sticking with his strategy of trying not to lose. People can force their luck if they are willing to take an active approach towards things. Julien's passive and unimaginative tactics ultimately were the Bruins' undoing, not the loss of a couple of players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Besides: Good teams (and coaches) don't need excuses, they accept responsibility.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

last i knew the coaches didn't skate a shift during the game...nor do they stop the puck. the coach gets too much credit when they win and too much much blame when they lose. he never touches the puck. the team that skates harder for 60 minutes and has better goaltending wins(95% of the time). where were all you haters when they won 7 in a row?  what did clode do run over your dog or something? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

"the team that skates harder for 60 minutes and has better goaltending wins"
    A coach can make a team skate harder for 60 minutes.
    Does anyone here really think CJ's mixture of excuses, favoritism, stubbornness and lack of imagination and flexibility can actually motivate players to skate harder? Haven't we seen enough of lackluster performances, veteran players on cruise control, lack of accountability and wrong line combinations already?

BTW: I do not consider myself a "hater", just a Bruins fan with a very realistic point of view. I really want them to win, but I just don't see it happen with Julien behind the bench.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

mr hulot... what was your opinion of the coaching after the sabres series win and a 3-0 lead on the flyers... clode is a great coach, then all of the sudden turned into a bad coach for 4 games? exactly how does a coach MAKE grown professional hockey players skate harder? offer them ice cream after the game? i suppose your like bbreigns and ipot and will start pulling for the b's once they are in the finals. where is the player accountability, and doesn't the opposition deserve credit once in a while"? so the bruins win to spite a coach that is trying to make them lose , and when they lose they let the other team win? a realistic point of view this is not 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Time has shown that if you do not change you are destined to repeat history.

The Bruins have not changed. The ingredients are there for change, but the chef remains the same. Therefore, same soup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sizzled. Show Sizzled's posts

In Response to Re: Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins. : SO true! That drives me crazy every game. A forward gets it to the opposing blue line, dumps it in and peels off for a change. It's an automatic giveaway. Why on earth would you have your players do that in order to make a line change? I don't get it.
    Posted by bear-in-the-woods

Probably because they are at the end of a shift and getting fatigued...pretty standard for all teams and players to get the puck deep and get fresh legs out there...rather than trying to play fatigued...especially on defense when you take penalties and/or get scored on

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

mr hulot... what was your opinion of the coaching after the sabres series win and a 3-0 lead on the flyers... clode is a great coach, then all of the sudden turned into a bad coach for 4 games? exactly how does a coach MAKE grown professional hockey players skate harder? offer them ice cream after the game? i suppose your like bbreigns and ipot and will start pulling for the b's once they are in the finals. where is the player accountability, and doesn't the opposition deserve credit once in a while"? so the bruins win to spite a coach that is trying to make them lose , and when they lose they let the other team win? a realistic point of view this is not 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

So sticking with a coach who has been fired by his former NHL clubs (allegedly because his teams didn't appear to be ready for the playoffs), who has presided over the worst playoff disaster in Bruins history, who has a tendency to go into hibernation every time his team needs his input from behind the bench, who steadfastly refuses to adjust, who will bench rookies and young players but not veterans, who preaches defense while his team is one of the worst in shots-on-goal-allowed in the league is a more prudent point of view? Then, Mister, you're a better man than I...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

"exactly how does a coach MAKE grown professional hockey players skate harder? offer them ice cream after the game?"

That's probably just as ineffective as playing favorites, refusing to admit mistakes, refusing to make necessary changes etc. As we all can agree, this Bruins team is maddeningly inconsistent and appears to play without focus a lot of times. Why?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if maddeningly? inconsistent you mean they haven't won 66 in a row your right! the players play the game-  they are ultimately responsible for the teams success. during the 7 game win streak, how was clode's system? heard no complaints then... they lose a few, now he's a bad coach for not winning every game they play.  your inconsistent argument does not hold water, if it did every team in the nhl would be inconsistent. oh wait... your right... every team IS inconsistent! that's the nature of playing hockey for 6 months- you have ups and you have downs. they key is this...not to get too high when they win and not too down when they lose.  how many times have you heard coaches say this- take their advice

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

bottom line is the flyers won the series because of 2 reasons krecji injury (not an excuse a fact) would the celtics have won the title in 2008 without pierce or garnett? or lets say kane was out for the hawks last playoff do they win the cup?  #2 dumb luck in game 7  game tied  late 3rd to many men on the ice not julien's fault my friends

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

bottom line is the flyers won the series because of 2 reasons krecji injury (not an excuse a fact) would the celtics have won the title in 2008 without pierce or garnett? or lets say kane was out for the hawks last playoff do they win the cup?  #2 dumb luck in game 7  game tied  late 3rd to many men on the ice not julien's fault my friends
    Posted by bruins8

When your a Clod lover,you just can't see realty,buttom line you blow a 3 game lead you should be gone,you have to be a team that plays puck possesion to win in playoffs,your game plan can't be to collapse in your own end,give up 40 shots a game,i'm sory i wish i was wrong but the Bruins will never win cup or come anywhere near with him as coach.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

'You know what they are going to do, but it's so difficult to defend against' -quote from an NHL player about the Bruins.  Some may feel CJ's strategy is poor, but the rest of the league respects him and hates playing against the Bruins.  There was some weakness in his coaching against Carolina two years ago, but blaming the loss to Philly on CJ is to be ignorant of what really caused that loss.  Also, looking at his pre-bruins playoff record he lead the Canadiens to an upset win over our Bruins, I remember at the time thinking how we were badly out-coached.  And in NJ he was fired before being given a chance, and the team did not improve without him, so it would seem that was a poor decision.  I am very happy with our coaching.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This makes no sense.  If you blow a 3-0 lead because of coaching, you should be gone.  If you blow it because of other reasons, it is stupid to blame the coach.

In Response to Re: Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins. : When your a Clod lover,you just can't see realty,buttom line you blow a 3 game lead you should be gone,you have to be a team that plays puck possesion to win in playoffs,your game plan can't be to collapse in your own end,give up 40 shots a game,i'm sory i wish i was wrong but the Bruins will never win cup or come anywhere near with him as coach.
    Posted by kitchener

Sections
Shortcuts