Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

Re: Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins.

IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LAST SEASONS BRUINS TEAM KREJCI AT THE TIME WAS THE GO TO GUY   ANOTHER WORDS THE 1 PLAYER THEY COULD NOT LOSE..... INJURIES ARE A LEGIT FACT WHEN IN FACT IT HAPPENS TO THE TEAMS BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER...LIKE I SAID IF KANE WENT OUT IN GAME 4 OF THE FINAL DO THE HAWKS WIN THAT SERIES?  LOOK NO FURTHER THAN THE SITUATION IN PITTSBURGH TODAY....IF 87 DOESNT RETURN PENS WONT SURVIVE IN THE PLAYOFFS..IS THAT AN EXCUSE?  NO ITS A FACT 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Re: Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins.:
    [QUOTE]IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LAST SEASONS BRUINS TEAM KREJCI AT THE TIME WAS THE GO TO GUY   ANOTHER WORDS THE 1 PLAYER THEY COULD NOT LOSE..... INJURIES ARE A LEGIT FACT WHEN IN FACT IT HAPPENS TO THE TEAMS BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER...LIKE I SAID IF KANE WENT OUT IN GAME 4 OF THE FINAL DO THE HAWKS WIN THAT SERIES?  LOOK NO FURTHER THAN THE SITUATION IN PITTSBURGH TODAY....IF 87 DOESNT RETURN PENS WONT SURVIVE IN THE PLAYOFFS..IS THAT AN EXCUSE?  NO ITS A FACT 
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Pittsburg won cup without Crosby he was hurt,they didn't fold like Bruins did last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

There is so much wrong with this statement it's not worth responding to.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins. : Pittsburg won cup without Crosby he was hurt,they didn't fold like Bruins did last year.
    Posted by kitchener[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins. : Pittsburg won cup without Crosby he was hurt,they didn't fold like Bruins did last year.
    Posted by kitchener[/QUOTE]

the only times pit won the cup without crosby was in the 90's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Opposing coaches strategy of playing the Bruins.:
    [QUOTE]1. Send two forecheckers deep and force them to go D to D behind the net-- pressure the puck handler. 2. Throw as many shots at the net--- some will get through or deflect off someone in the net or to someone in front of the net as TT is flopping all over the place. 3.  Pressure the points on the PP and force the Bruins to work along the boards. CJ's response:  Keep doing the same thing because the system will prevail. Reality:  teams with defensive speed and good forechecking will beat them consistently by forcing the Bruins into mistakes. Examples:  Carolina 2008/09 playofs                Philly 2009/10 playoffs                coming soon--- Mtl/Buffalo/Pittsburgh-- 1st rd 2011 playoffs. Solution:  See New Jersey end of 2006/07 regular season This team has little chance of going deep in the playoffs with CJ @ the helm.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

I think the strategies you list will cause teams more problems than the alternatives.  Every team.  On point one, which is the main one for most people, I think the real problem is that the Bruins have not been very good at generating (and scoring on) the odd man rushes that are the risk when you play an aggressive forecheck.

As for the differing opinions that have been expressed in this thread, I think it boils down to whether you think the problem is a weakness in the system, or a result in the player's ability to execute.  I think it is more the latter than the former.