Options for watching Bruins besides NESN in the Boston area?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

Options for watching Bruins besides NESN in the Boston area?

I was hoping to drop cable to save some cash, but it looks like without cable (and NESN), there's no other option to watch Bruins games. I had thought the Center Ice package wold work, but unless I am wrong, they block out local games. I know there are some web sites that will stream some games and I have used these before, but it seems a little sketchy and unreliable. Does anyone have any other relaible way to watch the Bruins on TV or on-line?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Options for watching Bruins besides NESN in the Boston area?

A solution to your problem:

If you subscribe to GameCentre Live online, you can circumvent the blackout games by using a proxy server with an IP address in another part of the country or Canada and get the game.

There are proxies available at no charge, but be careful which ones you use. Ideally, you'll want to use one from a university, library, or non-profit organization, otherwise you will get unwanted advertising.

Otherwise, veetle.com will usually carry a Bruin game in fair to good quality. I suspect most, if not all,  of the games will be carried next season due to their Cup win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

If you have a freind or a family member that will let you install a slingbox on their tv you can use that.

n Response to Options for watching Bruins besides NESN in the Boston area?:
    [QUOTE]I was hoping to drop cable to save some cash, but it looks like without cable (and NESN), there's no other option to watch Bruins games. I had thought the Center Ice package wold work, but unless I am wrong, they block out local games. I know there are some web sites that will stream some games and I have used these before, but it seems a little sketchy and unreliable. Does anyone have any other relaible way to watch the Bruins on TV or on-line?
    Posted by UCONN[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

In Response to Re: Options for watching Bruins besides NESN in the Boston area?:

Thanks for the response guys.  Slingbox looks very cool, but sounds too expensive for me (~$300 for the box?).

I'm trying to check out Game Center, but they don't have any details on price for next season (that I can find anyway). If I do go that route, do I get to listen to Jack Edwards (a plus in my eyes) or national telecasters?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

3 suggestions: 
    1 join a gym.  Several gyms now offer $10/mo membership.  You can get into shape while you watch the game.
    2 local bar.  I like Buffalo Wild Wings, beer of the month is only $3.50 for a 22 oz.  Disadvantage...cable is probably cheaper and you will get fat.
    3  Sports Hub.  Radio is free

Computer is an option; but you need a high speed internet connection and will spend more for high speed access as you will spend on cable. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Options for watching Bruins besides NESN in the Boston area?:
    [QUOTE]3 suggestions:  1 join a gym.  Several gyms now offer $10/mo membership.  You can get into shape while you watch the game. 2 local bar.  I like Buffalo Wild Wings, beer of the month is only $3.50 for a 22 oz.  Disadvantage...cable is probably cheaper and you will get fat. 3  Sports Hub.  Radio is free Computer is an option; but you need a high speed internet connection and will spend more for high speed access as you will spend on cable. 
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

My brother and I wore out our AA cards with the bar sequence you mentioned.... the results were good but it cannot be repeated yearly.  

Sections
Shortcuts