oshie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

oshie

love this player.  what would it take to get him,  marchand and bartkowski? or more along the lines of marchand/hamilton?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: oshie

He's not available.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Oshie is not better then marchand in any aspect of the game   Why do we need to include one of the most promising dmen in the league with it.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oshie is not better then marchand in any aspect of the game   Why do we need to include one of the most promising dmen in the league with it.  

[/QUOTE]

Marchand is starting slowly so he'll be included in all trade talk.  Then to sweeten the pot one of the young dman gets thrown in as well.  Get used to it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Marchand is starting slowly so he'll be included in all trade talk.  Then to sweeten the pot one of the young dman gets thrown in as well.  Get used to it!

[/QUOTE]

So giroux for ST.  ST has more goals.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So giroux for ST.  ST has more goals.  

[/QUOTE]

Only if Philly throws in a pick.

Here comes Stanley.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Neecic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

love this player.  what would it take to get him,  marchand and bartkowski? or more along the lines of marchand/hamilton?

[/QUOTE]

I've always liked your avatar.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

i'm trying to be realistic, not saying pull the trigger, but marchand for oshie straight up would get a laugh from the blues, even when marchand was playing well.  I wouldn't trade hamilton straight up for oshie but my guess is marchand and him would be what it takes.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Marchand and Hamilton for Oshie?

Absolutely.

I don't want to wait. There are short windows for teams to win multiple times.  I'd be thrilled if the B's won one or two more immediately.  Yeah, it may mean some years of bottom feeding, but whatever.  We spent 30 years being good enough to compete.  Blow it out, win it all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Neecic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i'm trying to be realistic, not saying pull the trigger, but marchand for oshie straight up would get a laugh from the blues, even when marchand was playing well.  I wouldn't trade hamilton straight up for oshie but my guess is marchand and him would be what it takes.

[/QUOTE]

For Marchand and Hamilton you can do a lot better than Oshie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Hamilton is going to win Norris Trophies. I'd prefer he did it with the Bruins.

Oshie. Jay-sus.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hamilton is going to win Norris Trophies. I'd prefer he did it with the Bruins.

Oshie. Jay-sus.

[/QUOTE]

Based on what?  He's tall.  He was drafted in a high slot.

What else?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He's significantly better this year than he was last year.  He's playing with better instincts.  His offensive ceiling is fairly high and we've seen evidence that he can contribute offensively at this level.  He's the right kind of physical for Julien's system.  Several times in a game where, with a half season of experience prior to this year, he was the third most experienced blueliner out there, he made extremely good physical plays to use his size and leverage guys off the puck in situations where losing that battle should have led to a good scoring chance, but winning it meant taking back possession.  His play on Steen just before the Roy breakaway was great - just an even better play by the NHL's second leading scorer to kick the puck up to Roy.  And you can bet Natasha and Malia Ann's college funds that Chara has been showing him how to use his reach more effectively because he's getting better and better at using his stick to disrupt plays.

And he's a smart kid with good hockey sense and a sharp learning curve who is not legal to drink in most states yet.  He's going to get stronger, more comfortable with what he can do.

Norris trophies?  No idea.  If they keep giving them to the highest scoring defenseman then no, probably not, for the same reason that no Bruin under Julien is going to win an Art Ross.  Crosby wouldn't win an Art Ross playing for Julien.  But you'd be silly to deal this kid for a 26 year-old third liner who, unlike Chris Kelly, has never scored 20 goals (which should make the sarcasm of your "why wait?" post obvious to most).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Absolutely.

I don't want to wait. There are short windows for teams to win multiple times.  I'd be thrilled if the B's won one or two more immediately.  Yeah, it may mean some years of bottom feeding, but whatever.  We spent 30 years being good enough to compete.  Blow it out, win it all.

[/QUOTE]

Replace hamilton with someone else and id do this in a heart beat for all the reasons you listed. I dont wanna wait another 3 or 4 years to win another one. I want the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup asap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What the Bruins will need at the deadline, is NOT another "assist guy". TJ Oshie is fun too watch and will have a good NHL career but what Boston doesn't need is another "pass first" forward. The Bruins already have enough of them.

If you haven't noticed the difference between this years Hamilton and last years version, stop watching hockey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

So let me get this straight: NAS and Davey N are guaranteeing that the Bruins will win the Cup if Marchand and Hamilton are traded for T.J. Oshie?

How many Stanley Cup rings does Mr. Oshie have?
    Does God have a hand in this, and is partial to Oshie, somehow?

What am I missing here?

What kind of GM are you? You are going to give Hamilton to St. Louis, and Pietroangelo is not coming the other way?

You are both too selfish. I hope you don't shop the way you propose trades, unless I'm the vendor, of course.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So let me get this straight: NAS and Davey N are guaranteeing that the Bruins will win the Cup if Marchand and Hamilton are traded for T.J. Oshie?

[/QUOTE]

What the hell?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

What am I missing here?

What kind of GM are you? You are going to give Hamilton to St. Louis, and Pietroangelo is not coming the other way?

You are both too selfish. I hope you don't shop the way you propose trades, unless I'm the vendor, of course.

[/QUOTE]

Not even close. I like the guy a lot. If there is a chance to get him, or someone like him that could fit well into the team/system that would increase the chances of winning the cup this year,  i wouldnt hesistate to do it.

Isnt the goal every year to win the stanley cup that year? No?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Now the two of you are backtracking. Although DaveyN, my mistake about you including Hamilton, you stated otherwise.

posted at 11/22/2013 9:02 AM EST

• DaveyN
    • First: 1/25/2010
    • Last: 11/22/2013

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Absolutely.

[/QUOTE]

Replace hamilton with someone else and id do this in a heart beat for all the reasons you listed. I dont wanna wait another 3 or 4 years to win another one. I want the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup asap.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I can read what i wrote, thanks though.

I stand by what I said, if there is a chance to get him, or someone like him, for the purpose of winning the stanley cup this season, why wouldnt they do it?

The Bruins have been in the great position to be constantly be considered cup contenders over the past few years, if you can trade for someone to give you a better chance to win the cup, why wouldnt you do it?

You may disagree that Oshie may not be that guy and ill even admit it he may not be, i just really like his game and would love to have him here, but wouldnt you want to increase your chances to win the cup this year?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can read what i wrote, thanks though.

I stand by what I said, if there is a chance to get him, or someone like him, for the purpose of winning the stanley cup this season, why wouldnt they do it?

The Bruins have been in the great position to be constantly be considered cup contenders over the past few years, if you can trade for someone to give you a better chance to win the cup, why wouldnt you do it?

You may disagree that Oshie may not be that guy and ill even admit it he may not be, i just really like his game and would love to have him here, but wouldnt you want to increase your chances to win the cup this year?

[/QUOTE]

I like Oshie, too. But, I don't share the same opinion about him making the Bruins better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I would say as of right now, the team would be better with him out there than Marchand.

Not only is he just not playing well, his effort just doesnt look there at all. Some games he plays, some he doesnt.

If there is a trade to be had, its him thats going.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

[QUOTE]

What am I missing here?

[/QUOTE]

Don - NAS' rant was dripping with sarcasm...in response to all of the 'I'm concerned about [insert player name here]...' and 'We need a PMD...' posters.

Ooops, did I get caught up in your sarcasm Don?

Sections
Shortcuts