OT vs Buffalo. Just no aggression

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

OT vs Buffalo. Just no aggression

Chara makes a brilliant rush and the rest of the team is obsessed with covering for him on defense. He's by himself and the play collapses. Sabres stand around and Peverly gets a chance with no help from anyone. Then, Gerbe skates into the zone 2 on 2 for Buf, takes a shot (Krejci, are you reading this?) and two Sabres aggressively crash the net and Boyes scores the winner. The Bruins still are not aggressive enough on attack.

Officiating played a big role in this but the B's still did not play a strong game. They gave up a ton of shots. Thomas was their best player as usual.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: OT vs Buffalo. Just no aggression

The Bruins look completely unmotivated at times.  It's just so frustrating to watch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

couldnt tell it was a home game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I thought they played decent in the OT. There were a couple of good shifts for the B's.  Not happy with the outcome but I don't fault the effort tonight. The B's had some quality chances in OT and the 3rd but in the end they committted to many penalties which cost them 2 goals.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

This team really struggles in 4 on 4 situations. I am not trying to go on another claude bashing rant but I don't think its a coincidence that this is a staple of the bruins since he has coached this team. Kind of hard to play sound defensive hockey like he wants 4 on 4 compared to 5 on 5 much more open ice.

Lack of effort? Come on no way from a claude julien bruins team you must be lieing!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

What? They had puck almost the whole time and then Buffalo came down ice and once again got Thomas out of position. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Their PP looked awful and they gave up way too many shots on net.  I'll give them a C for effort.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

It wasn't that they played poorly in OT, but rather a lack of aggression at the right time. They are so obsessed with getting back and not willinbg to take a chance and help the attacker. that's not the way to play in OT. Gerbe makes a weak rush but was supported by two teamates. The result? Goal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: OT vs Buffalo. Just no aggression:
    [QUOTE]It wasn't that they played poorly in OT, but rather a lack of aggression at the right time. They are so obsessed with getting back and not willinbg to take a chance and help the attacker. that's not the way to play in OT. Gerbe makes a weak rush but was supported by two teamates. The result? Goal.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

Thats why I think a coaching change should have taken place long before this season. Claudes a one trick pony who can't adapt. Need proof? Look at the caines series or philly last season. What adjustment has he ever made its strickly stick to the same sytem that has led us 3 game 7 losses in as many years. A good coach changes the game plan bassed on his personal. Claude is better suited to coach a team like the 07-08 bruins with little to no talent than he is suited to coach a team with offensive talent.

There I feel a little better getting that off my chest for today

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]It wasn't that they played poorly in OT, but rather a lack of aggression at the right time. They are so obsessed with getting back and not willinbg to take a chance and help the attacker. that's not the way to play in OT. Gerbe makes a weak rush but was supported by two teamates. The result? Goal.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree.  The Bruins gave up a ton of odd-man rushes in the 1st period because the they were caught up ice.  The third man high in the slot needs to backcheck or else the Bruins run the risk of giving up some breakaways, which could obviously result in goals.  This is especially true in OT, when there is so much more open ice with it being 4 on 4.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT vs Buffalo. Just no aggression : I completely disagree.  The Bruins gave up a ton of odd-man rushes in the 1st period because the they were caught up ice.  The third man high in the slot needs to backcheck or else the Bruins run the risk of giving up some breakaways, which could obviously result in goals.  This is especially true in OT, when there is so much more open ice with it being 4 on 4.
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

is it me or are the bruins getting caught atleast twice a game especially against Montreal and buffalo with the puck getting kicked behind the defense in there zone to the opposite team for huge chances all by themselves. i want to say one of ellars goals was one of these.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

There is no question that the Bruins have had some lapses in their defense as of late.  The Bruins defense is usually pretty consistent, but it has been struggling ever since the road trip.  I distinctly remember the Bruins (at some point during the season) began playing much more aggressively, but also giving a lot more scoring chances.  It only lasted for a few games (the aggressive nature of their offense stayed, and their usually solid d returned to normal), but it seems that their old style of play has been making a reappearance lately.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think they played well despite some horrible calls against them... hard to keep any momentum in those situations. Add to that, our terrible special teams play and some individual miscues and there you have it. Game over. One more point in the books.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Good News were going back on the road. Almost makes me wonder should we root for a low seed so we are starting playoff series in the other teams barn? Logic would say not but with this team they are night and day better on the road than at home.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

You can't just completely disregard the special teams, they're an important aspect of the game, and (unfortunately) a weakness of the Bruins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

n Response to Re: OT vs Buffalo. Just no aggression:
    [QUOTE]You can't just completely disregard the special teams, they're an important aspect of the game, and (unfortunately) a weakness of the Bruins.
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

Funny its been a problem for almost 2 seasons now and Geoff Ward still has his job

Sections
Shortcuts